~~ Thank you to all those people who reviewed my first story. I appreciate all the comments and positive views. I love you all so much! So here's the sequel to A New Year. The gang is taking a trip to the beach! I have to give credit to the ever so wonderful Chris *wink* and thanks for the help and ideas! I love you! ~~

**** Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing, never have, and never will. Although I wish I did, then I could do whatever I wantedHAHA! Anyways, please don't sue me because this is just for fun and I'm not trying to earn any money off of this! ****

===============================================================

A Lovely Day on the Beach

By: silver starr

 

DING-DONG.

Relena ran down the stairs in hurry, nearly tripping over her bags to get to the door. Heero slowly followed her down the steps and quirked an eyebrow at her rush. She opened the door and stood face to face with Hilde. Relena smiled. "Hi Hilde! We're all ready to go now!" When Heero came back, Relena had asked him to live with her, and surprisingly, he agreed. Although Milliardo was not the least bit happy about their decision. Lucky for us, he and Noin are on Mars right now, Relena thought.

"Okay. Here, let me help with the bags." Hilde helped Heero and Relena carry the bags to the van where all the others were waiting. After the party, Duo and Hilde had decided that all the pilots and their dates take a whole day and night off to beach. Hilde climbed into the driver's seat. When Heero and Relena got into the van and exchanged their greetings with the others. Quatre and Alice sat next to Relena and Heero while Midii, Trowa, Wufei, and Sally sat in the back.

 

"We shouldn't trust the braided idiot to drive," Wufei mumbled.

 

"Hey, I can drive! How do you think I can pilot a mobile suit?" Duo shot back. Wufei snorted and Duo just stuck out his tongue. It took them half an hour to get to the beach. A very long half an hour, with Duo's constant chattering and Wufei's muttering about Duo and his bad driving skills. The girls, along with Quatre, just gossiped while Heero and Trowa remained their silent selves. Once they all got into their little hut that they rented, they were awed by the size of the place.

 

Duo looked around him. There was a kitchen, living room, and five bedrooms with a bathroom in each room. "Wow. Quatre, how did you find a place like this?"

 

Quatre smiled. Hilde smirked and said, "And Duo, you have to pay for all of this. Remember? You lost the bet!"

 

Duo groaned! "Oh, man! You're kidding! Heero, why couldn't you have gone to that party earlier! I've gotta pay for this whole trip!"

 

Heero glared at Duo. "You were betting on me?"

 

Duo paled. "UmnoheheI was just joking man! I volunteered to pay for the whole trip!" Duo looked nervously at Heero, backing away at the same time.

 

"Did you guys really bet on him?" Relena whispered to Hilde. Hilde nodded and smirked. Relena looked at Duo and Heero and grinned.

 

"Okay guys," Quatre interrupted. "We should decide who should sleep with who since there are only five rooms." Immediately, Duo and Hilde grabbed their belongings and dashed into the same room. "Okay, I guess they're settled." Quatre looked around. "Anymore volunteers?" Midii shrugged and walked into another room with her stuff. Trowa grabbed his bags and followed her.

 

"I am not going to stay in the same room with a woman!" Wufei crossed his arms in determination. Sally sighed and dragged Wufei into a room with her. "Hey! Woman! Let me go! This is injustice!"

 

"Well, that leaves the four of us." Relena looked around. She grabbed Heero's hand and led him into a room. Relena saw Quatre and Alice walking into the only room left. Once she entered the room, she saw that there was only one bed. Heero seemed to have noticed the same thing.

 

"I'll take the floor and you can have the bed," Heero said. Relena glared at him. He just looked back at her and shrugged.

 

Relena sighed. "No, let's both sleep on the bed." Heero raised an eyebrow. Relena gasped. OOPS. Did I say that out loud? HeheI guess it slipped. She looked at Heero nervously.

 

"Fine." Relena just stared at him in shock. Regaining herself, she smiled. After they all finished unpacking, they decided to go take a swim since their hut was right next to the beach.

 

"I didn't think the beach would be so empty," Alice queried as she looked around.

 

"Well, this is a secluded area," Quatre replied. "I thought we could get a little privacy." Alice smiled, making Quatre blush.

 

All of a sudden, Duo said, "I'm hungry. Anyone up for snacks?" Hilde smacked his head. "Ow, what was that for?"

 

"Idiot, is food all you think about?" Wufei glared at Duo.

 

Sally smacked Wufei. "Stop making fun of Duo!" Wufei grumbled and Duo just snickered.

 

"I've got that taken care of already." All heads turned to Midii. She showed them the basket she was carrying and smiled. "Food is served." Immediately, Duo ran forward and grabbed the basket.

 

"Duo," Trowa warned in a deadly voice. Duo stopped pulled his hands back out of the basket. "Midii worked very hard to prepare that. Don't you dare ruin it." Duo nodded nervously, put the basked down, and ran behind Hilde. Hilde sighed. Midii laid out the blanket she brought and everyone sat in a circle around. The food was laid out and Duo began grabbing everything within his range while gulping it all down.

 

Alice stared in shock. "Are you sure he won't choke or anything?"

 

"Don't worry. He always eats this much," Quatre reassured her. She nodded but continued staring at Duo. Hilde smacked Duo in the head. Duo yelped and finally slowed down his eating.

 

Wufei pulled on Duo's braid and received yet another cry from him. "You deserved it, Maxwell. That will teach you not to eat all the food next time." Duo looked very mad, so he took some mashed potatoes and threw it at Wufei's face. Surprisingly, it hit the target.

 

"Uh-oh." Duo gulped and hid behind Hilde.

 

"MAXWELL!" Wufei was about to jump up after Duo but Sally pulled him back down roughly. "Woman! Let me up! I must justify this situation!"

 

"Oh Wufei, relax! Can't you take a joke once in awhile?" Sally gave Wufei a slap on the back. He grumbled.

 

"I never thought Sally would be able to control Wufei like that," Relena whispered to Heero.

 

"Let's just say Wufei has a weak spot for her, although he won't admit it," Heero replied. He turned to face her and she smiled at him. Their face was so close and both were leaning even closer

 

"Heero and Relena, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-SOWWW!!!" Duo jumped up and started rubbing the back of his head. He glared at Heero. "Why'd you have to go and pull my braid?" Heero narrowed his eyes dangerously. "Uhhehejust kidding! Sheesh! You sure do get protective when it comes to RelenaOWWW!!! One of these days, Heero, I'm going to lose my braid thanks to you and Wufei."

 

"Hn." Heero smirked. Relena was still blushing while the others girls just winked at her. Midii packed up everything in the basket and set it down next to the tree. After awhile, they all decided to take a swim.

 

"Watch out surf! Because the God of Death is comAHHH!!! That giant tidal wave is trying to eat me!" Duo ran out of the water. Hilde laughed.

 

Wufei looked at the 3 feet tall tide. "Weakling." All of a sudden, Sally grabbed Wufei around the waist and plunged into the water with him. "Woman! Why did you" Wufei was cut off as another surf hit him.

 

"Hahayou deserve it, Wu-man!" Duo was laughing so hard that he didn't notice the other surf about to come down on him. "AHHH! It's got me! Hilde babe! Help!" Hilde let out an exasperated sigh. She swam to where Duo was and simply pushed his head under the water. Everyone laughed at this, except for an angry Wufei and the silent Heero and Trowa.

 

"Hey Trowa, I brought a beach volleyball. You up to the challenge?" Midii looked at Trowa.

 

Trowa shrugged. "Why not? Care to join us?" Trowa looked at the other four.

 

"Sure. Come on, Quatre, it'll be fun." Alice grabbed Quatre's hand and they followed Trowa and Midii.

 

Relena shook her head. "I'll sit out." Then she turned to look at Heero. "Let's take a stroll." Heero nodded.

 

"I'll get you, Sally!" Wufei was trying to catch Sally and drag her into the tides.

 

"You actually called me Sally! Hehewell, come and get me!" Sally laughed and swam further away from Wufei. Duo and Hilde were making out in the water, while being submerged by a surf once in awhile. But they either didn't mind being nearly suffocated by the water or they were too into each other to notice.

 

Heero and Relena walked in silence along the shore. It was getting pretty late, so Heero suggested that they turn back. On their way back, Relena turned to look at Heero. He looks so cute. Suddenly, Relena reached out and pushed Heero into the water. Heero, having the fastest reaction time and always prepared for anything, fell into the water, not expecting Relena's actions. Relena laughed so hard that tears were streaming down her cheeks and she had to grab her aching sides. Heero smirked and pulled her into the water with him. She fell on top of him and stopped laughing. Oh no, what if he's mad at me? Relena looked up at Heero to see him smiling at her. She looked at his welcoming lips and subconsciously leaned closer to him. Heero put one arm around her waist and the other brought her head down to meet his. As he gently pressed his lips against hers, Relena slipped her arms under his necks. He traced his tongue along her tips, evoking a groan and her opening her mouth to allow his tongue more access. His tongue went into her mouth, caressing the sides of her mouth. Her tongue reached out and met his, giving both of them a tingling sensation.

 

Finally, Duo and Hilde came out of the water, breathless. They slumped down onto the sand, laying on their back and soaking up the last of the sun's rays before it set. Wufei and Sally, both looking very tired, came up next to them and sat down. "Damn woman! I would have dunked you that time if that wave hadn't hit me." Sally smiled.

 

Thonk. "Ow! Hey! What was that?" Duo looked around him and saw a beach volleyball not far away.

 

"Sorry Duo!" Alice came up and took the ball. "I didn't mean to hit you. You okay?" Duo nodded and laid back down with a sigh. Midii took the ball and set it down next to the basket.

 

"Where's Heero and Relena?" Quatre asked, looking around and not seeing a sign of the couple.

 

"I don't know. They were here when we started the game," Alice replied. "I wonder where they could have gone."

 

Hilde shrugged. Duo grinned and said, "I bet Heero and Relena are"

 

"Ahem." Duo turned around to see Heero glaring at him, and next to him stood Relena. "What were you going to say, Duo?"

 

"Ehhi Heero. Didn't hear you coming." Duo chuckled nervously. "I'm tired. Let's go!" Duo jumped up, grabbed all the stuff, and ran of towards the hut. Hilde ran after him while the others to their time.

 

Although it was pretty late, Duo and Hilde cuddled up on the couch and turned on the television. Wufei and Sally retired to their room immediately. Trowa and Quatre were engaged in a game of chess while Midii and Alice talked.

 

Relena yawned. "Tired?" Heero asked. Relena nodded. The two walked into their room. Relena walked into the bathroom and changed into a spaghetti strap and shorts. When she came back out, Heero was looking at the way her tight outfit showed off her curves. Relena was staring at him in return. He was in a pair of sweats with not shirt on. Noticing this, Heero smirked and cleared his throat, which caused Relena to wake up from her daydream and blush. Relena walked up to the window and looked out at the stars. She felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist. She leaned back into Heero's warm embrace and smiled.

 

"Look," Heero whispered. "The stars shine with brightness for you. They are showing you their love and appreciation to you." He turned her around so he could face her. "And I want to show you how much I love you." Relena's eyes widened. Did he just say Relena's thoughts were cut off by Heero's lips on hers.

 

After they broke apart, Relena replied, "I love you too, my perfect soldier." Suddenly, she felt a small box in her hands and she looked down. "What is it?" she questioned.

 

"A promise ring. To assure you I will stay by your side forever." Heero opened the box to reveal a gold ring with a dove in front of a heart. He put it on her ring finger. "And I promise that this will be replaced one day by another one." Relena cried silent tears of joy as the couple lost themselves in a passionate kiss.

END

========================================================

~~ So, what do you think of this one? For some reason, it didn't turn out the way I had hoped it would, and I think the first one was better. Well, tell me what you think and review! Please! I really appreciate your opinions. Send me some ideas too! I love you Chris! Thanks for the help! ~~