AN: I'm feeling much better now, and thanks for all of your concerns. This is a whole new series, and I'm very proud about how this is turning out, so please give me your feedback in your reviews. I really need to know what you think, so please review. It will only take five seconds, so please... review. Thanks everyone, and God bless you all.

 

 

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing.

 

 

 

The moon with halo fair glistened above the dark abyss of nightfall as the young woman sauntered through the breath-taking flora of her eminent garden. All about her were blossoms and buds of the most eloquent accord, each contributing its own mystical touch to the romantic portrait, which these flowers created. As she rounded the bend, within her tresses of golden lust became entangled roses of deep rouge whose petals caressed her skin with babe-like softness, and white ones whose sprightly tips barely protruded from the lush of green leaf. Continuing on, perfumed violets emitting jasmine scent and exotic fire and sunray hues of the mature tiger lily made graceful clashes with her light skin, for she was clothed in that depth of the flora by a rainbow pallet of elegant pastels, which made the shrouded wickedness of the eve vanish from all sentiment. Without sound or stir, she knelt beside the fountain which spouted waters of glassy lucidity, and gazed upon the silent moon, looking down upon her... mother calling to the child which she once loved so dearly and lost. Here she could be alone, and here she could think of all that her heart denied her each day. Honesty, reflection, nothing more could enter under this canopy of fluid motion, and here is where she wished that she may always stay. However, she knew that within moments her time within this secluded boundary would end, and then she would be forced to return to the world that so needed her, so cherished her innocent salvation. But it was hers, and hers alone to give, and it should only go to the people that need it to save their very soul... not just to anyone. Why is it that those who so yearn for this redemption are the ones that push it away when it is so offered to them? This one simple question may never be answered, but perhaps somehow we will see how the desperation of one individual can turn into an implicit response to something which one can only answer in his own heart.

Though her eyes were captured in the glaze of the moonlight, she was still aware of the lone figure who followed her to this desolate region and was now towering above her head.

"What are you doing here?" the voice echoed through her mind, seeming to resound amid the recesses of her intent. She dared not look up to meet his glare, for she knew that tearing her own away would be next to impossible. "Answer me Relena, why are you out here all alone."

"I needed to come here... to think things through," she whispered to no one, nothing but despair and weariness evident within her gentle tone.

"You're foolish Relena," the voice said, unwavering in its gallant but dispassionate tongue. "You know very well that without someone here to protect you you're an easy target to be assaulted, raped, or worse," he went on.

"What does it matter... the sun will still rise, and the birds will still sing. I am nothing... I mean nothing," she murmured to the phantom cloaked in the night's embracing shield, letting a tear fall from her lashes and onto a rose that had been crushed under his heavy step.

"Stop it Relena, you're being illogical. The world needs you, and you know it."

"How can you say that Heero? You're the one who brought peace to this godforsaken land! I did nothing... NOTHING to issue in this millennium. I was a coward and hid behind those who were willing to make an ultimate sacrifice. I'm just not as strong as everyone portrays me to be... I'm a little girl. A little girl trapped in a woman's body... one who doesn't want to grow up," she sobbed as the rest of her ocean of torment came pouring forth in untamable surfs into the palms of her hands. She wouldn't dare bury her head within his breast, for she would never show him how helpless she really could be.

Her weeping and laments continued until his arms reached around her petite frame and he hugged her to his heart. She was a doll, a fragile porcelain doll that could and would crack when dropped from even the smallest of heights.

After diminutive remnants of eternity of crying and leaving to be reprimanded her last strips of dignity, she calmed and succumbed to his gentle rocking and sway within the tender winds of the garden. He lifted her chin that she may look into his eyes, and when he did, he noticed a coy smile tug upon the edges of her lips. Hastily sprinting up from the ground, she sat on the rail of the fountain and began to speak to him a verse of rhyme that she had founded amongst her heart.

"Look at the moon, the goddess Diana in her huntress gown of virgin pride, staring and watching over all those chaste and given to celibacy. Now look at the mild stream as it flows forth from the mouths of the white stallions molded in this marble fountain," she chanted, motioning to first the silver orb that illuminated the heavens, and then to the cold statue that adorned her fountain of secrecy. "As you gaze upon their wondrous beauty of written word untold, shower the ball of white fire in the cleansing waters of the horses," she whispered as she pulled Heero next to the fountain in a position in which the view of the moon was shrouded by the mists of the waters. "What do you see?"

"I see the moon," he stated simply, "the moon bathed in the trickling water."

"No Heero. I didn't ask you what is seen... I asked what YOU see," Relena prodded.

He looked at the image before him closer, turning and giving her a look of pure bewilderment and enigma. She let go a sigh, and continued on, "The moon, it shows no flaw, and the water... there are no ripples."

"So?" he asked still bemused.

"When these two elements come together as one, their faults and marks of fatality are mesmerized by the elegance of the other. You only see the beauty... not what is really to be seen, and not what they are truly made of. Now step away," she chided to him, nudging him away from his view, "and what do you see now."

"I see... shadows... in the moon. Craters, dark crevices, and the water, it's no longer a sheet of glass, but a mound of concave crystal. Their imperfections are clear now," he replied, beginning to understand what she was trying to tell him. He could still see the image before in his mind through. The radiance of the moon against the splashing waters of the fountain created almost a mythical illusion. The excellence of the geometric moon waved with sheer authenticity, and against the spring beautiful sparkles and glitter were tracing the outline of the sphere, the scintillations looking as tiny fairies among their own world of dancing stars. The water shimmered with a blinding exquisiteness, letting the reflective beams of the silver star create deceptions of dulled blues and grays to blend with the sky. The sculpture of the fountain, shining in its glory of the maiden Diana with her chariot of dove-white stallions, the water creating for her a gown of billowing elixir only added to the magic of this scene. Still, even more, was Relena as she looked towards the stars, the skies, the moon. Her silken tendrils fell to the ground as licentious feathers of swan's down, and her carnation tinged night dress brought out the dark blush about her pale cheeks. Undetectable sparkles adorned her face as the trails of her shed tears dissipated into the evening's magical hand, and her curves of womanly maturity were accented with a dazzling trace of diamond glow.

Heero lost himself in his awe for such beauty, and was not awakened until Relena questioned, "Which is better Heero? Something so gorgeous and intangible that it could never be real, or something with faults and trials that could perhaps vanish within an instant?" her eyes pleaded for his answer.

Wasting no time thinking about his reply, he said, "Perfection is a curse, one so allure and seductive, that once would think that he wants it. But no, anything perfect can make no one happy. While beauty is appealing to the eye, flaws captivate one's notions."

She stared at him for what seemed like forever, when she said, 'I see. I'm cold now, so I'll meet you inside in a few minutes."

Feeling as though he had said something wrong, he complied to her plea, and disappeared into the mansion.

"I knew he would say that, so how can he ever love me," she whispered, and then turned to follow Heero inside when she heard a raspy voice call to her, "Princess...

 

 

 

AN: Thank you everyone, and I'm sorry for being so mean to you all. I am going to try to catch up on reading all of the fics I have missed over the past couple weeks, so please be patient, because I'll get there... hopefully. I'm really feeling much lighter than before, and I want to say thanks again.