AN: Poor Relena and Heero... this is going to be great. Try to figure out what's going on, but don't worry if you can't, because it will all be explained in time. Hope you like it.

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing or the song "Put You Arms Around Me" by Texas.

Relena slept heavily throughout the chaos, only a few moans and star caressed tears any sign of her consciousness of what was going on around her. Feeding upon her virgin beauty, the stainless essence which was her maiden virtue, wicked creatures rising from soot and ash danced around her form with incessant carousal, chanting silent hymns of hellish dignitary.

<Are you ready maybe, are you willing to run?>


A wolf, stalking her with its mastered proficiency of the hunt, stealthily came to gaze upon her eloquent face whose gentleness and purity put to shame the serenity in snow-lust feathers of swan's down, licked her cheek in hunger, wishing he could do with her as he would please, but he was under strict orders from his sovereign to only torture her through this night of seeming everlasting hour. Rubbing his tongue along her dove soft skin, the panther began to purr in heated bliss, making sure to savor each and every moment he would have with her, releasing his curse upon her legs of feminine delicacy. To put to rest all of the beasts' sensual desires, the darkened stallion massaged his coarse mane of valor along her breasts, his hot breath causing her to shudder out mire, and his teeth ripping at her nurturing mounds of flesh of someday maternal tenderness eliciting whimpers of pain from her throat. The horse huffing in pleasure and passion, wanting to more than just tease her senses unmercifully.

<Are you ready to let yourself drown?>
<Are you holding your breath?>
<Are you ready or not?>

Crorta only stood in the background, watching in enjoyment as his little pets played with her in their perverse facades, tormenting her in more than just abuse of her licentiousness, but in a physical manner that would haunt her in a latter time. Turning his head to look back at the puddle of water that he had so complied to make on the floor, he kicked it with his foot, causing evanescent sparkles of waters to shower the curtains of her bed-in his own way spitting at the angels on the cloth. A low cackle began to rise within his throat, and as it embraced the Pandemonium that disseminated the room, the creatures turned to him and heeded to his subtle call, evaporating into the night as from where they had originated, letting free from their conformations shrieks of indulgence as they disappeared from their encounter with this most unfortunate princess. He quietly came to kneel at her bedside and whispered ever so softly into her ear, "There's much more where that came from, Lady," and he too escaped into the shelter of the evening.

<Are you ready, maybe, do you long to confess?>


As soon as the demon escaped from her presence, Heero burst through the door, calling out to her in, could it be... concern? He ran over to the bed, shaking her shoulders out of desperation to wake her from her trance, and kept trying to bring her back to him.

<Do you feel that you're already numb?>
<Are you sure of yourself?>
<Would you lie if you're not?>


Turning her head toward his voice in a dream, she could hear him shouting to her, wanting her to come to him and be safe within his arms, but that light, that acknowledgement that drew her near just kept retreating from her grasp, and she was left there alone in her nightmare.

<You tire me out>
<Don't want to let that happen.>
<A secret scream so loud,>
<Why did you let that happen?>


Alone in the darkness where no one could hear her, and no one could save her from the unspoken psalms that resounded in her mind from the beasts that had tried to consume her soul, her spirit, her sacred diamond which only God and her hallow lover could touch. She sat there, abandoned in her deepest fears, crying, crying out for Heero to please come and rescue her, save her so that she wouldn't have to be alone.

<So put your arms around me!>
<You let me believe that you were someone else!>

"Heero, where are you? You promised to protect me, and you let them hurt me. Why? How? Please, don't leave me alone, please..."

<'Cause only time can take you,>
<So let me believe that I am someone else.>

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


"Wha.. Where am I?" Relena whispered as the sunlight tickled her face, pleading for her to smile. She looked around. There was no puddle on the floor, no empty glass, no animals prancing about her and singing her demise. The birds were cantering their serenade of morning outside on the branches of her fallen willow tree, the laughter of children playing and wrestling with their dogs and friends, the sun shining down upon her without a cloud in the sky to shield it from her drinking eyes. It was a dawn of rebirth, of life, an aurora of spring and newly pledged happiness. And sitting there by her bedside, fallen asleep in the chair, was Heero, a firm hold on her hand that lay limp upon the covers of her bed.

<Maybe you are ready to break,>
<Do you think that I push you too far?>


A gentle sigh was set free from her lips as she saw how soundly he dreamed while resting at her side, looking like the young boy he should have been instead of the regal soldier, which he had become, fully content in the shelter of her gaze. Making sure not to waken him, she very cautiously ran her fingers through his tresses that reflected the wildness of his known spirit, and as a few of the strands fell onto his nose, it crinkled up in a cute little gesture and he sneezed, stirring him from his repose. Startled a bit by her bemusement, he looked into her eyes, and after a few moments of silence between them, he said, "Relena, what happened last night? I thought I heard you crying, and you wouldn't wake up for me when I called to you. Tell me what was going on?"

<Would you open yourself,>
<Are you reckless or not?>

"Heero, the spri... I mean, I had a bad dream last night. I was just so scared, so tired that I guess I just incorporated your shouting and rocking me in my dream. I'm sorry if I made you nervous, being that I know how important not failing a mission is to you," she replied, a sorrowful countenance becoming clear to him as she uttered out the last part of her answer. She turned her head away from his eyes, not wanting to see his reaction to her tone, and continued on, "I'm fine now, so you don't have to act like you're so concerned about me anymore. Still, it was nice of you to stay with me during my nightmare, making sure that I was okay," she said, trying to fight back the grin that yearned to pull at her face.

"With a simple, "Hnn," he nodded to her and began to walk out of the room when she pleaded to him, "Oh don't leave me here, please stay."

He looked back at her with wide eyes, wondering where she got the courage to ask him something like that. She was usually very shy around him, even though to a third party she may have seemed rather persistent, and never on his life would he have thought her to be as bold as to ASK him to stay with her.

Not really knowing what to do, being that he didn't want to hurt her feelings, for God knows what reason why, by turning her down, he felt uncomfortable just staying there with her-these kind feelings and warmth that began to well inside of him not the most familiar of reactions to a request-he returned to her bed and sat down next to her, taking her in his arms and holding her tight, just murmuring words of encouragement, telling her that everything would be all right and no harm would come to her as long as he was there. She couldn't hold it in any longer as all of the images from the night before flooded her mind, she began to sob into his chest, grasping his shirt for dear life, just wishing those sensations and ghastly voices would go away.

Soon after, she had fallen asleep in his arms, and he just sat there, rocking her back and forth to keep her calm and quiet, her gasps dying down into soft breaths of sleep. He laid her head gently back on the pillow and covered her with her blankets, noticing that she felt awfully feverish to him when he left, keeping that thought in the back of his mind for future reference.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Heero sat down at his laptop, typing reports and accounts from his latest missions issued to him by the Preventors as he choked down what was left of yesterday's roast chicken for lunch. He was just about finished with his last note when Relena interrupted him saying, "When you're finished with those reports, can you help me sort out the proposals and bills for my meeting with the World Council this afternoon? I would just do it myself, but I really haven't been feeling well this morning, and just looking at those stacks and stacks of papers gives me a headache."

Heero looked up from his typing to for a moment, hit the enter key, and got up to feel Relena's forehead, seeing if she had a fever as she felt like when he left her before. Instantly slapping his hand away, she contested, "I don't have a fever, and I'm not going to collapse or anything, I'm just really weak and don't feel up to par. Don' be so touchy."

"Relena, you're burning up, I could tell from your hand when you hit it away. You need to get back to bed, and I'll cancel all of your engagements for the evening. Just go upstairs and sleep," he countered her dangerously, just daring her to challenge him.

"No Heero, you're threats won't work this time. I'm not going to back down from you, and I'm not going to put these meetings on hold. People's lives may be in danger if these councils are postponed. Please let me go," she chided to him meekly.

Never taking his eyes from hers, he replied, "All right Relena, you can go, but I must be allowed to escort you, or I WON'T let you leave this house."

"Thanks Heero, I really appreciate it." Without even thinking, she got up on her tip toes and gave him a quick peck on the cheek, blushing as she bounded up the stairs to her room so that she could get ready. But, as she got to her room, she stumbled drastically, for her legs felt like weights were attached to them, dragging her down into ocean depths and her chest as though flames were consuming her heart, lapping up the stray drops of blood that it exuded.

<You tire me out,>
<Don't want to let that happen.>

She fell onto her bed in agony, trying to scream out for Heero to come, but all that came from her mouth was crimson water that held within it her chance and breath of life. No one could hear her, no one would ever know that she was dying, and she wouldn't even get to say good-bye to him... how could he let this happen to her?

<A secret scream so loud,>
<Why did you let that happen?>


Her eyes felt heavier and heavier, her vision becoming so precise, being able to see every stitch and every sparkle of glitter that was on the drapes of her canopy, and yet it all turned to a mixed pallet of rainbow hues, everything a blend of brilliant radiance that her irises could no longer distinguish as either dream or reality. Not being able to fight the urge of sleep anymore, she fell into a traumatic dream world of loneliness and never-ending contempt, the chanting of the creatures acting as her only roundelay of a lullaby as she traveled across her thoughts of disturbing elegance.

<So put your arms around me!>
<You let me believe that you were someone else!>
<'Cause only time could take you,>
<So let me believe that I am someone else.>

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


"Relena, are you ready to leave for the meeting?" Heero called out to her from the hallway, waking her up from something that was so harrow one couldn't even call it sleep, and bringing her attention to his voice.

*How did I get into my dress?* Relena thought to herself as she noticed that she was no longer in her night gown, but in her empress attire for conversing with the aristocratic delegates of the world. Remembering what had happened, she brought her hand to her lips, feeling for the blood that had once poured from her mouth in steady streams of depletion before. As she hobbled over to the mirror, she realized that none was there, not even a stain... someone had cleansed her of the red fluid before she awakened just now, but who? There were still deep scarlet puddles upon her mattress, fresh as if it had just been evoked from her internally.

Determined not to let Heero see the mess, knowing he would keep her at home if he saw how deathly ill she really may be, she hustled out of the room as fast as possible in her weak state from the great loss of blood, and pummeled into him as she fell out through the door. He caught her with ease, she seeming as a feather within his arms of bulk sinew, and noticed how pale her face had become. However, before he could say anything, she pulled him down the stairs and ran out to the mustang, muttering things about how they were late and he should have informed her about the time earlier, Heero merely ignoring her and getting into the driver's seat. The ride to the council was in silence, but Relena was constantly bobbing her head, fighting the urge to fall asleep, Heero taking notes in the back of his mind of this behavior.

The meeting was going smoothly, just another pointless talk with middle-aged men who had nothing better to do with their lives than complain about every little problem that plagued the world, and as usual, Relena was finding such prattle rather meaningless. She felt so tired, and no matter how much she willed herself to concentrate on their conversation, she just kept slipping in and out of consciousness, Heero constantly having to nudge her to keep her alert.

"What are your ideals about the global poverty issue Miss Peacecraft?" the monarch of Ukraine inquired to her with anticipation, she having returned to using her maiden name after the Mariemaia incident.

"Well, the way I see it, I think that we just need to... need too..." the room was spinning all around her, and the floor seemed to rise and fall with her heartbeat.

<So put your arms around me!>
<So put your arms around me!>

She was on a carousel of dreams, and she just kept going faster and faster, not being able to get off, but she was determined to finish her reply.

<Make me believe.>


"It's important that we let them find..." and the last thing she could hear was Heero screaming her name and the gentle sensation of her falling into his arms, being whisked away into the warm air of the evening...

<Take me, take me somewhere, somewhere.>
<Let me believe.>
<'Cause only time can take you,>
<So stop...>


AN: I know, it was stupid, sorry for the dumb part. I hope you still want to read after this, It's going to get really good, I promise. Bye, and thank you.