AN: Is anybody still reading? I really don't know because not many people are telling me whether they like it or not. Please everyone, tell me what you think about this series. I would really appreciate it, and thank you to all who have been reading and have or haven't reviewed. Oh, this story has taken a completely different turn in my head, so I really don't know which plot to proceed with. I guess you'll just have to be surprised.

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing.


Heero made rash leaps upon the stairs that led to Relena's chamber, he bounding over every other step or so, and with great haste rounded the bend only to halt at the shadow of her room's entranceway. Placing his ear to the oaken panel-it bathed in the paint that reflected a purity of which only angels could claim as glory and righteousness in such divine hue-, he listened to her muffled sobbing, she keeping them hidden from his eyes out of knowing he would push her to reveal their intention for coming forth. Being silent as though not to startle her, he slowly opened the door, making a gentle saunter to her bedside and took his place beside her upon the sheets... just listening to the mourning that embraced her preciousness echo along the room as the cry of a newborn puppy, its eyes oh so sensitive and glistening with abstinence from brutality of cruel nature and weep from abandonment and want of compassion by fellow creature. Placing his hand on her shoulder, eliciting a whimper from her throat, he said, "Relena, tell me what's wrong."

"I... I already tried, b-b-but you did-didn't be-lieve me," she choked into her hands that cupped her face from sight, feeling dread in knowing she would have to look into his eyes, those devices which probed her soul, sooner or later in this confrontation.

"Tell me again," he whispered, taking her hand into his own and setting them in his lap.

She peered at him skeptically, not sure she could trust revealing her secret-it pertaining to their relationship-to him with mind not being controlled by horror and tremor. "He came to me again, Heero. I didn't think he was real, but now everything's come to be as I knew it would. He's taken that away from me, and now he has taken even more."

"What do you mean? Who is this man, and what has he taken from you?" he asked her forcefully, she trying to take her gaze from his eyes, and he in turn thrusting her around for countenance to meet once more and shook her with all his might, saying, "Who, Relena? Who?"

"Crorta!" she burst into tears as she squealed his name, jumping from the mattress and sprinting over to her window-just needing to distance herself from her beloved for a moment while he could digest the information.

"Who the hell is Crorta?" Heero asked, not recalling the name at all.

"Not 'the hell,' IN hell, Heero... who IN hell is he?"

"What are you talking about," he hissed at her, becoming tired of these guessing games, he only knowing that she's been in danger and hadn't done a thing about it... he didn't even have any knowledge of her straits. And he was supposed to protect her?

"The devil... he's the devil! He came to me, asked me if I wanted to..." she faded off before relaying the entire happenings of the midnight caller.

"Want did he want from you, Relena?" he inquired sternly, being sure to control his anger as not to frighten her.

"Heero," she began, taking a deep breath before continuing with the confession, "you've been the most important person in my life ever since I met you, and I did it all for you. I became strong emotionally, pulled my weight on the verbal battlefield, and tried to show this world that I could be more than just a figurehead. But still," she gasped for air, wiping the tears that again commenced to adorn the blushing cream of her cheek, "it didn't impress you, did it Heero? Nothing I did was ever good enough to win your approval, and that hurt Heero.... hurt more than any wound you had been inflicted with in combat, I know. I could have burned myself at the stake in the name of peace for the benefit of soldiers as yourself, and you would still have thought me nothing more than a silly girl put on a pedestal by those who were so lost themselves they needed someone with a head on her shoulders to give them guidance," she quivered, her lips trembling from the release of such pending trauma. "When I resorted to such a hope, such a dream as total pacifism, you scorned me for such ideals, thinking you had no place in this world but in battle. And for once, in only time that I was able to prove you wrong when on the Libra, you turned from me, not even listening to something that could have saved our souls so long ago. If you haven't figured it out by now, I love you Heero Yuy!" she screamed, snapping her head to gaze at his reaction, a pent-up yearning begging for escape. "I will always love you, but that doesn't make the pain of knowing what you cherish more than anything in life doesn't give a damn whether you wake up the next day or not. Heck, he may even get up and do the job himself one of these days," she murmured sinking to her knees as she choked on the last words of her rant.

"Love, you did this all for love," he said to her, halfway speaking to himself. "What the hell were you thinking, dammit? I have enough to deal with right now, let alone you pulling this crap on me! You whore... you spoiled little brat! I don't want anything to do with you... I don't need you anymore," his voice sank from its former roar into a tone of bitter remorse for his bespoken words. Biting his tongue, tasting the caustic spice of blood, the only way to keep himself from breaking down before her, he went on, "I used you... used you to better my mission. I've never cared about you, your ideals, anything that had to do with you. You're a rose, beauty on the outside to conceal the pain, which its thorn can invoke upon an allure stranger... but I won't be fooled, not by you. Let him take you away, I don't care. Your role in my life is done, and if I see you not once more in my lifetime, I can die a happy man... curse me no more."

She looked a him without sentiment, without feeling, and without so much as an insolent tear, she nodded her head and left the room, the clasp of the bathroom door being heard only a few moments later.

Looking over to her nightstand, he saw that bear, that stuffed demon that he had given her for her last birthday, wishing now he would never had made such a gesture as to show feeling for another other than himself. It stared at him, reflecting from the trails of the moon's halo of crystal and diamond luxury beads of water meant for his owner's sorrow... even it, a mere child's security, knowing more about her than he. As he knelt down to look at it more closely, he noticed the fur had become worn and soft from the vast sessions of crying she'd endured with her silent companion, and also saw a tear at the crease of it's neck, the plush with the tenderness of lamb's silk sprawling from the cloth like a river of cream and sugar, life giving but with the meaning of death for the one from which it flees.

Grasping the animal by the paw, he twisted its arm until he heard the faint rips of the thread separating from the fur, a few of these tenuous strands falling along his wrist and fingers, entangling him in his spur of rage that he may be caught in the act. Seeing the tendrils laying in repose over his palm, he panicked, taken over by realization of what he'd just done to Relena's bear-her prized possession-and did the only thing he could think of... hurled it into the ashes of the fireplace.

It landed with a silenced thud, stirring the dust and cinders from former place of slumber, and blanketed the bear completely, leaving it to lie alone, there amidst the soot to figure out why it must forever reline among ash and sneeze through chokes of despair for the rest of eternity by the hand of his bestowed...

 

AN: Ooooh, symbolism... I love it. Did you figure out what the devil took this time? I'll give you a hint: look at the end of Heero's response to Relena's confession and the next paragraph-use the other hidden clues in the context to infer-and see if you picked up on it. The last chapter had the biggest hint to what it was though. Anyway, I'm not sure if I should continue this, just because no one seems to be interested. If you like this at all, please tell me, because I don't want to waste time on this series when I have 3 others to work on too. Thanks everyone.