Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing, it's characters, etc.

Summary: Heero died and a stranger haunts Relena's dreams. One day he appears on her balcony.... What does he want? What?! Heero isn't dead, but how?

Warning: Some of the characters may be a little OOC, but don't get mad, and don't flame me! Or else...

 

Title: Moon Dream

Author: Tenoko

 

Heero had disappeared two years earlier, and less than a year after he disappeared, we got word that he'd been found dead; the other Gundam pilots identified his body and my whole world shattered...

We'd gone to his funeral, and surprisingly, a lot of people showed up to pay their respects: the Noventa's, Catherine, Lady Une, Treize, Mariemaia, Dorothy, the scientists, girls from school, retired colonels and soldiers, and many others that I didn't recognize; it was later explained to me that they were all people Heero had met through the war. I hardly noticed them. My heart was broken and I felt as if I had died along with Heero. My life felt empty, I walked around in a daze, doing as I always did, going to meetings, signing treaties, finishing paper work, but I felt as if I were on the outside looking in. I vaguely noticed how the others were responding to his death, Quatre stopped talking, Duo rarely smiled and stopped telling jokes, only Catherine was allowed to see Trowa, Wufei stopped yelling so much and ranting that women are weak, and Miliardo just looked sort of sad and became more attentive to me, but they all tried to go on.

A young woman lies on a bed staring blankly at the ceiling, a sad expression embedded on her face, as she clasped a teddy bear to her chest. A single tear making its way down her cheek...

*FLASHBACK*

"Hello Princess." a voice replied, turning she was greeted by a tall man, with dangerous, Prussian blue eyes. She smiled,

"Hello Sir Knight. Why haven't you come sooner, Heero?"

"I've been busy." she fought the sadness she was feeling, but the tears still came, leaving a glittering path along her cheeks. In a quick movement he was in front of her, gently brushing away her tears,

"Don't cry." he whispered, before pulling her into gentle embrace, his strong arms wrapped around her,

"I've missed you, Heero... I've missed you so much!" she cried softly as he stroked her hair.

"I'm always watching over you, never forget that."

"What happens if I never see you again?"

"Will you forget me?" He asked sadly

"Never! How can I forget you?"

"Then, you will always see me again."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

*END FLASHBACK*

"Oh Heero, am I being haunted by your ghost? Is your ghost the one I see in my dreams?"

*FLASHBACK*

"You're so beautiful..." a male voice replied, startled Relena turned around, a man with ice blue eyes and light hair, that seem to glow a soft blue in the moonlight, stood in front of her. His hair was short was short, but his bangs nearly hid his eyes from view, and he wore a white royal uniform with dark trim.

"Who are you?" she finally asked, trying to hide her fear, there was something about this guy that frightened her, he reminded her of a tiger, one that was hungry and on the prowl, and yet something about him was kind and serene. A small curve formed his lips as he answered her question,

"I am the prince of the moon, and I am called Persian Ice."

"Persian Ice..." she whispered. The name suited him, she thought. He reminded her of Heero, but then he seemed nothing like Heero.

"What do you want from me?" she asked, but he didn't answer. A faint wind blew, bring with it cherry blossoms from a nearby cherry tree, turning she looked at the fully bloomed tree.

"Goodbye Princess." a faint voice whispered, she turned to look at the strange and ghostly visitor, but he was gone and she found herself feeling more lonely than she had before.

*END FLASHBACK*

She had continued having this dream night after night, and it was this dream that kept her awake tonight. It was still dark outside, the moon shone brightly in the sky, gently pouring into her room through her open windows as a gentle breeze caused her curtains to flutter lightly.

"Come Princess." Relena opened her eyes and looked around, wondering if she was still dreaming,

"Princess." the voice called again. Relena sat up in bed and looked around,

"H-Heero?"

"Come Princess." a shadow slowly stretched across her floor, coming from somewhere on her balcony. Slowly, Relena crawled out of her bed and walked outside onto the balcony. On the ledge was a tall figure, his eyes glowed like frozen blue ice... Relena gasped,

"You!" There he stood, his uniform as white as ever, his hair a pale blue, he wore a sort of crown that came across his forehead, in it was a deep blue jewel in the shape of a crescent moon. It was the man from her dreams! He was standing in front of her, but she wasn't dreaming!! (AN: and no it's not the man OF her dreams, but FROM her dreams, K?)

He sneered at her, before stepping off the ledge and coming a few steps towards her. Relena backed away.

"Who are you?"

"Don't you know?" he questioned, a sneer upon his lips and a glint in his eyes.

"No. Why do you haunt my dreams?"

"We are alike, same wish, same feelings, same destination."

"What do you mean ësame destination'?" she asked confused,

"I am a prince in search of his angel, and you are a princess in search of her knight. We are the same." he replied smoothly. Relena gasped at his response, Heero? But how does he...

"What do you want with me?"

"You are the Princess of the earth."

"I don't understand what your saying."

"And you are the Angel of Peace. You are the Angel Princess."

"I think you are mistaken. I am not in any way an angel, nor am I a princess. I am Vice Foreign Minister Darlian."

"You are what you are, and you can't change it, hide it, nor can you fight it."

"I'm not trying to change the way things are, because there is nothing to change. I am what I am without having to change it, and I don't need your approval or your agreement." She informed him regally. He walked closer to her, but Relena, although frightened, stood her ground not backing away from him. He stood directly in front of her now, mere inches between them. He stared at her a moment then frowned,

"Why are you afraid of me?" he asked

"What makes you think I am frightened by you?" He stepped closer, Relena caught her breath, his face was so close to hers' that she could feel his breath on her skin as he spoke and his heart beating in his chest.

"Because, my dear Princess, I can see it in your eyes. You're living in the past, because you lost someone that you loved. You have become weak."

"What?"

"You lost faith in a promise made by the one you loved, you lost faith in the one you love. I guess it makes it harder to lose someone if you think they could be the one for you, even if they aren't. Some might call it living in a delusion or pretending to the point where you loose touch with reality."

"You don't know what you're talking about! What makes you think you know me so well?" She exclaimed, a knot forming in her stomach.

"I know that, because I know my Princess."

"I am not your Princess! I don't know who you are!" she almost shouted

"Ah! But that is where you are wrong, because it is you who knows me best of all." he whispered leaning forward, and gently caressing her cheek as he spoke.

"I shall ask you to please remain your distance, Sir." she replied in a warning tone; out of the corner of her eye she saw him smile before stepping away from her.

"As you wish. Good-night, dear Sovran of Peace." he replied with a bow, before a chilling wind whipped through them, Relena closed her eyes and shuttered at the icy cold winds. When the wind stopped Relena opened her eyes to find here mysterious visitor gone once more, he had come and left unnoticed.

 

Relena picked at her breakfast, her appetite as usual, was gone, but this morning her mind was stuck on this man named Persian Ice...

"Relena?"

"I-um.. yes?" she asked coming back to reality, her brother and Noin were watching her.

"What's wrong? You haven't been yourself this morning, what's on your mind?" Miliardo asked, his concern shown on his face. Relena looked down at her plate, contemplating whether or not she should tell them about her ëvisitor'. Miliardo's not going to like the thought of a man showing up on my balcony. Oh well, I guess I should tell them, maybe they can help me understand it.

"I've been having these strange dreams about this man who shows up on my balcony, and he calls me ëPrincess', and he said he's the Prince of the Moon; his name is Persian Ice." she paused a moment, not looking up, then continued, "And last night he showed up on my balcony... and I wasn't dreaming..."

"Are you sure you weren't dreaming?" Noin asked

"Yes, I was already awake when he came."

"Why is that?" Miliardo questioned

"Because, I had had the dream about him and I was thinking about why I was having it, and what it could mean."

"I think we should call the others." Miliardo replied, Relena looked up,

"The others? Why?"

"Maybe they can help."

"They'll only think that I've gone crazy." Miliardo walked over to where she was sitting, and knelt in front of her,

"Relena, no one thinks you're crazy. But we are worried about you, you haven't exactly been yourself for a while now and all we want to do is help." he replied softly. Relena tried to smile,

"Alright, you can call them."

~~*~~

"So what does this guy look like?" Duo asked. Quatre, Duo, Wufei, Sally, and Lady Une sat at the long table in the conference room of the Preventor's headquarters. Relena sat at one end of the table with Miliardo and Noin on either side of her.

"He's taller than me. His eyes are... they look sort of like Miliardo's except they are colder looking... almost like frozen ice, and his hair is light colored, cut like Quatre's, but it's even lighter than Miliardo's because in the moonlight it look a sort of light blue... I think it might have even had a shade of blue to it..."

"He has blue hair??" Wufei asked, giving her a skeptical look.

"Yes," she replied glaring at him, "or at least it looked that way; it could have just been the moonlight."

"What all did he say to you?" Lady Une asked,

"Do you have to know?" she asked, her heart stinging with the words that brought tears to her eyes every time she thought about them.

"Relena, we might be able to figure out something by knowing what he told you."

A lump formed in Relena's throat as she told them what he had said to her. She couldn't hide or fight the tears that came when she told them that he had said she had lost faith in the one she had loved, and had been living a delusion to think that he could be the one for her when he really wasn't. And that she had lost faith in a promise and in the one she loved.

"What was the promise?" Quatre asked gently

"He- Heero once told me that if I never forgot him, then I would always see him again. And after that he-" she didn't continue, she couldn't. She cried helplessly, her heart breaking all over again at the memory. Miliardo dismissed the others and held his little sister as she cried, his heart saddened by her cries.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

He stared at a picture of her, his mind almost in another world, his every thought, dream, wish, his every breath was about and for her... Princess. Such beauty! And it's unappreciated and unnoticed by all! Only I am able to appreciate her beauty, and give her the attention and praise that she deserves! And I will be the one to prove and show to her what she deserves! Soon Princess. Very soon...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Do you really think having the boys stationed around the house is necessary? I mean isn't that a little much?" Relena asked as she stood in the office looking out the window.

"A man showed up last night on your balcony, without being detected on the heat scan, but was partly caught by the side entrance gates security camera, then he disappears without you seeing! No I don't think this is too much, and besides I should have done this sooner anyways, there are too many threats for your life and I'm not going to let some psycho hurt my sister. Your life is too important not only too me but to everyone. I hate it that you have to take on the job of being V.F.M., because you get caged up like some sort of animal. You've had to grow up too fast, I want you to enjoy your life, not look back with regrets."

"Miliardo, I haven't had to grow up any faster than you had to, I had most of my childhood. And how can I ever regret having helped bring peace into a world where there wasn't any?"

"I just want you to be happy." he almost whispered, I tried to smile but everything in me simply wanted to die. I can't ever be happy. I lost the one I worked so hard for! Yes, I do this job for the people, but mainly I did it because of him, I wanted to create a world where he could be happy... but now he's gone and I see no logic in my job anymore, no logic in my life.

 

In my room, I pulled out my memory box that I kept under my bed. It was filled with pictures, cards, small mementos, all the things that were important in my life. Most of the pictures were of Miliardo, the guys, the girls, but most of all their were pictures of Heero.

I loved him so much, and I lost him! He did love me! I know he did, he had to! He protected me, watched out for me, took care of me, so he had to have loved me!!! Please say he loved me...

I felt as if I were being watched. Even partly asleep I felt as if someone's eyes bore into my soul, seeing everything that was and is me. Oh, knock it off Relena! Just because the guys are out standing guard all over the yard and Wufei is on the balcony, doesn't mean they are watching you! You are too- my thoughts were interrupted when I felt something stroke my cheek. My eyes shot open. My heart started racing when I saw him sitting on the edge of the bed next to me, I tried to scream, but he covered my mouth with his hand, he glared at me.

"Don't scream." I looked out onto the balcony to see Wufei still standing there, Katana in hand, carefully scanning the grounds. Wufei! How could he get in here with Wufei right there??? Are they working together? Oh what am I going to do?? Has he betrayed us?? I looked back up at Persian Ice. His lips twisted in a small smile as if amused,

"He has not betrayed you, Princess. He could not track me if he wanted. I am the master of escape, I dwell in the shadows unnoticed, I rule the night." His hand still covered my

mouth and after another moment he removed it.

"Do not scream, Princess. For that would be a fatal mistake." he replied slowly, never taking his eyes off of her. It was his eyes that had transfixed and even frightened me to some degree up till now, put now... they terrified me. They were dangerous, even deadly. Burning into her soul, she felt completely naked under his intense glare. Oh Heero, I wish you were still here!

"Heero..." Persian Ice glared at her,

"How can you think of him, Princess?!!? He is not worthy of you! You belong to me! You can't fight the truth, and you know it's the truth! We are one and alike, the same in every aspect, our souls are only complete when we are one! And yet you still cling to that blood-thirsty murderer who is dead. I can give you what ever you want! You know this is the truth! No matter how much you try to convince your self of otherwise, you know this is true!"

"Heero was not a blood-thirsty murderer! He was kind and caring! He had a heart for the people! He gave up his own freedom, his own life to bring peace to this world! He is the Protector of Peace! He-"

"Is dead! And he isn't coming back, I made sure of that."

"You what?????"

"Yes Princess, he is with me. What to see for yourself? Bearer of Darkness, come!" In the corner of my room, in the shadow I saw a pair of Prussian blue eyes, as a figure stepped into the light, his eyes partly hidden by his thick dark brown bangs... Relena gasped.

"Heero!" She didn't move, afraid that if she did it would turn out to only be a dream and Heero would be gone from her forever, again. She stared at him intently, the shock slowly sinking in, but there was something different about him. He wore a uniform just like Persian Ice, except that his was black and had a long black cape in the back; a sword at his side. But his eyes... they were different. They had a far off, glassy look to them, and he stared at her coldly, but it was if he didn't see her at all.

"He is mine now, I finished him off here, and now he's with me." Relena looked at Persian Ice, he was still glaring at her a sinister grin upon his face,

"What have you done to him? Why does he look at me as if he doesn't even see or know me?"

"Because he doesn't remember you."

"What?!" she asked in a choked voice, looking at Heero and then back at Persian Ice and then back at Heero again.

"You mean nothing to him now, and you meant nothing to him then." Persian Ice whispered cruelly, leaning closer to Relena, his face coming closer to her own.

"Your lying! Come on Heero it's me Relena, you remember me don't you? You have to remember me! You wanted to kill me, but ended up always protecting me. You have to remember!!" her voice was choked out by her sobs. He doesn't remember me! It's like he doesn't even see me, but he is looking straight at me! No! NO!

"You killed my Heero. How could you?" she asked weakly; Persian Ice brushed his lips across her forehead, he caressed the soft skin of her jaw,

"You are unable to understand. Princess, you and I are meant to be. You are the angel that I have been searching for, we belong together." His words stung her heart, her heart had never before felt such an agonizing pain, and she closed her eyes wishing she could just wake up and it all had been a bad dream, but she knew it wasn't a dream, it was a reality...

Persian Ice tilted her chin up and gently and briefly kissed her, inwardly Relena cringed, and yet somehow it seemed and felt so familiar that it frightened her, she opened her eyes and glared at Persian Ice,

"Give him back." she ordered in a low voice,

"I won't do that, Princess."

"Give him BACK!" she screamed. Suddenly, Wufei came charging in her room. He saw Persian Ice first, and withdrew his Katana,

"My name's Chang Wufei, and your not going anywhere. Meet your doom."

"I don't think so." a voice replied, Wufei was then greeted by Heero, who came and stood in front of Persian Ice, pure astonishment and utter shock came over Wufei's face,

"Yuy?" Heero said nothing, only extracted his sword, before lunging at the dumbfounded Wufei...

 

 

(Bum, bum, BUM)

 

~*To be continued*~ (he,he,he)

 

(Don't worry, I update my stories pretty quickly, so...)