Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing. What part of that don't you people understand????? *sniff* Now you went and made me cry! *sobs uncontrollably* Darn you people for bringing that painful fact to my acknowledgement! *sniff* Darn you people!... But, I might be willing to forgive you if you review my fic....

AN: I am in search of a Beta Reader. If anyone would be interested in being my Beta Reader, please email me. I would really appreciate it. Thanx!^_^ ~*Tenoko*~

Another AN: Please review this fic! Please! Please? And I am posting this chapter in consideration to those people who were kind enough to review my fic, and I ask that you continue to do so. Thank you!

Warning: Language, very mild, but still language.

~~~~~~~~

Last Time

~~~~~~~~

"He wants you to come and be his Princess, in every sense of the word, and in return, he will leave the others alone, and no harm shall come to them."

"No Relena, you can't comply to these demands, they're absurd!"

"Relena, we promised to protect you, we can't fail it by letting you make a decision as unheard of as what he is asking!"

"...In the best interest of those here, and on earth and the colonies, I have decided that it would be best if I went with Persian Ice."

~~~~~~~~

This Time

~~~~~~~~

"What?!"

"No Relena! You just can't!!"

"Absolutely NOT! Relena Peacecraft, you are NOT going to live with that...creature and his puppet! You are staying with us, I don't care if I have to kill every other living creature on every other planet to keep you here, I will! I didn't fight to live this long just to see you agree to go off and put your life in the hands of something that has absolutely altered someone who couldn't die in the first place!!" Milliardo exclaimed, slamming hands down on the table, his eyes were blazing in fury and fear,

"Don't think that you can change my decision Milliardo, because it won't happen." Milliardo glared at Persian Ice,

"You bastard! Who do you think you are?! And where do you get off thinking that I'm going to let you have my sister?!?" Persian Ice smiled coolly,

"You heard her say you couldn't change her mind."

"If your dead I think I can!!!!"

"Oh...is that a threat?? I'm truly terrified."

"That's enough!!!!" Lady Une exclaimed, as Noin put a hand on Milliardo's shoulder to prevent him from coming across the room to Persian Ice.

"Zechs, the last thing we need right now, is you getting yourself killed!" she whispered,

"I'd be taking him with me!" he hissed through clenched teeth; I looked at them. They were all angry, they were angry at me, at my decision, and the fact that I refused to change it. Duo was glaring at Heero though, I knew what he was thinking and feeling, I was feeling it too. Betrayed, because it was obvious that Heero wasn't going to help, he really did do everything for Persian Ice, his master, Angry that Heero would die and let this guy come in and change all of our lives the way he had and was changing them, sad to know that someone we had all considered a friend, and someone that we thought we could turn to when there seemed no hope was now on the enemy's side...

"Relena... why? Why would you decide to go with him?" Quatre asked in a confused and baffled tone,

"I'm doing this because I know it is the right thing to do."

"But what about your safety? What about your life? Are you willing to give it all up?"

"Yes. If something happened to any of you... it would be far worse than anything that could ever happen to me." A small sniff caught my attention, it was then that I noticed a pair of blue eyes and red hair that peered out at us from the cracked doorway,

"Mariemaia..." Slowly, the door opened and the eight year old girl walked in, her eyes shining as small tears made their way down her cheeks,

"Miss. Relena you can't go. It's not fair! I'm going to miss you! You just can't-" her voice choked out as she began to cry; Lady Une got up walking over to the small girl,

"Mariemaia, you shouldn't have come in here." She replied softly, Mariemaia didn't answer her, instead she walked over to where Heero was standing, he looked down at her, but said nothing, so Mariemaia spoke instead,

"Heero Yuy, I hate you. And I'm glad you died! I only wish that my grandfather would have killed you! Then none of this would have happened! It's all your fault! I hate you!! You should have died in your stupid Gundam! You don't and never did deserve to live!! It's all your fault!!! And I hate you!"

"Mariemaia!" Lady Une exclaimed, Mariemaia walked to Lady Une's side, glaring angrily at Persian Ice and Heero, then mournfully at me. I could feel my heart breaking, to look at them and know how much the decision I had made was hurting them, hurting me. I mustn't cry. No matter what I can't cry! I'm so sorry. If only there was some other way. If only...my gaze fell on Heero, and suddenly I began to feel anger towards him, more than I had before. He had betrayed us, he wasn't going to be the one coming to my rescue anymore, he was the one I would need to be rescued from, he was the enemy; my Prussian-eyed soldier was gone and he wasn't coming back....

~*Later*~

"Please reconsider this." Milliardo whispered pleadingly,

"No, I can't. I made my decision, and I won't change it." I whispered before putting my arms around him in an embrace that I knew would probably be my last from my big brother. He locked his arms around me tightly but gently. The others were here to bid me farewell; we all knew it would most likely be the last time we would see each other. Lady Une, Noin, Mariemaia, and even Dorothy were crying, though you could tell that they were fighting their best not to. Quatre and Duo looked as if they were on the verge of tears; I could barely stand to look at Milliardo, his eyes were blue pools of sheer pain and agony; I gently pulled away from him. I looked at all of them, Will they ever be able to forgive me for what I'm doing to them? Can I forgive myself? It can't possibly get any worse than this, my heart can't possibly become anymore broken... can it? I wanted to curl up and die, I wanted to be engulfed into oblivion, where I wouldn't have to feel this pain that agonized and tormented my soul. Death had to be more peaceful than this. Peace... what a cheap word it seemed like now. I'd worked for peace, fought for it, to give it to people who I would never know, giving of myself to people that I would never know, and yet I had no peace, I never really ever had. Turning I looked at Persian Ice, he was standing off to the side, leaning against a tree with his arms crossed, patiently waiting on me. The time had come, time for me to leave, and as I walked towards him my mind kept repeating the same thing over and over again, It's only a dream, you'll wake up. This is for the best. It's only a dream, you'll wake up. This is for the best...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She was gone. Gone forever. My little sister, I had lost her again. I had let her go, I had let my baby sister go. Now what? Now what do we do? What will happen to the people of the earth and colonies? The peace? All of us? Me? I pray you're safe Relena. God, I pray you're safe. And I pray that you will come back to us one day...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She was kind, she didn't complain or even cry. But she was still sad and I knew it. She'll get use to it. She'll be happy. I can make her happy, I can show her what she deserves. I love you so much Princess. You will see, now we will both be complete, now that we are together, we are complete.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I wasn't sure where we were, we were somewhere in outer space. When I went outside I could see the Earth and the moon, a dome of glass keeping me safe from the sub-zero of outer space. It seemed alot like a colony, it had grass, flowers, trees, but we were the only ones here, wherever ëhere' was. I looked at the large fortress, this castle was now to be my home. Such solitude, only Persian Ice, Heero, and myself. Persian Ice wasn't cruel, but there was still something about him that frightened me, but I wasnët sure as to what it was that frightened me about him, it was something in his eyes and the way he looked at me, I tried to get use to him, his gentle caresses, tender touches, and such, but it was taking time for me to not flinch whenever he would make an effort to show affection, I have to make the best of the situation. At least I'm not his slave or prisoner. I found myself drawn to this spot, outside, gazing up at the earth and the moon, but no matter what time I went out there, I could never see the sun, the bright star that seemed so close and yet it was millions of miles away, just like the ones I had left behind.. I shook my head, this was my home, I no longer belonged on earth with them.

I sat in front of the large mirror, dressed in my silk and lace gown, brushing my hair until it shined like spun gold. I had a large room, fully furnished, decorated for a woman, with lace curtains, floral bedspread, the room was accented with pink, blue, and white. Fairy tale princess, in a fairy tale world. Just a fairytale princess in a fairytale world. A castle, a prince, and a knight...

"Is there something that you want that you left behind? I can retrieve it for you." a voice replied from the shadows of the corner of my room, I looked at Heero,

"No- yes. I have a box that I kept under my bed, I keep certain things in it. Can you get that for me?" Heero nodded, and with that left my room, just as a knock came at my door; quickly and gracefully I walked over and opened the door.

"Princess..." Persian Ice breathed when he saw me; I opened the door fully,

"Good evening. Is there something you needed?" a curve formed his lips,

"I was beginning to worry, you haven't come out of your room much today, I thought you might try to be hiding from me."

"No, I'm not hiding from you." He tilted his head to the side a little,

"Do you forgive me for what happened at the cabin?" he asked, I closed my eyes, shaking my head lightly,

"As I said before, I'm lenient to forgive such behavior. And I can't possibly forget, so don't even ask me to do that." he chuckled at my response,

"You will, in time, forget, and I'll be waiting for when you are willing to forgive." gently he stroked my cheek with his finger, I wanted to pull away and slam the door, but forced myself to give a small smile, he pulled his hand away, looking at me a moment when suddenly he flinched slightly and closed his eyes tightly, as if in pain,

"Are you okay?" I asked, surprised that I was actually feeling somewhat concerned, after a moment he opened his eyes, and looked at me, but something about him worried me, he was much paler now, and his eyes were slightly glazed over in pain,

"I-it's nothing... just a momentary headache. It's fine." A momentary headache?!

"Are you sure you are alright?" he smiled,

"I'm fine. No need to worry about me, Princess. I'm fine as long as you're with me." he whispered stroking my cheek again, before turning and leaving. I closed the door after he left, A momentary headache?! I find something odd about that.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I opened the passageway that led to the laboratory under the ground, making sure that it closed behind me. The room was dimly lit, tables of glowing chemicals and computer screens giving the room it's eerie glow.

"Doctor?" I called. The only person on the only person in this castle in space that Princess didn't know about, nor would she know about. The doctor was a brilliant man, having practically raised me, I had known him as long as I could remember. I know why he needed all the chemicals and such that scattered the massive laboratory and factory, the doctor was creating ëplans to bring things to order' as he called it. I had once had parents, but they were killed when I was much younger, too far back for me even to remember. But Doctor had told me the story,

the Peacecraft's had once been the rulers of the earth and Heero Yuy had been the ruler over the outer space colonies, and my family had been the highest of all political, social, and royal families out of them all. We owned the colonies and everything that had developed in outer space as along with what was on the moon. As a symbol to signify this unity of the three, a treaty was made. When the Peacecraft's had a daughter, as they planned to, she would be wed to me, and Heero Yuy would pass the power of leader over the colonies onto our family, and peace would reign... But things didn't go as planned. New types of government were created and put into action, the earth changed it's ways in which to rule. They became overbearing, power craved, and willing to get rid of anyone that wanted something different from what they were striving after. Heero Yuy was the first to go. The Peacecraft's wanted complete and utter control over the earth and colonies, they wanted to make the human race to become their slaves, doing as they wished, bowing before the Peacecraft's as the ruler and greatest power. My family disagreed, we were shunned, banished from the earth and colonies. They wouldn't listen to reason, all they wanted was the power. There was but one thing that stood in the way of that power, my family.... my parents were assassinated, I only escaped with my life because of the doctor. He took me, knowing that I needed to survive, to one day be ruler over the earth and colonies, but now there was only one change in the plan... I would rule alone.

I had been raised told that the Peacecraft's were evil, all of them, and they should all one day be destroyed. But banished from the earth and colonies, we had no where to go, so Doctor had this outer space fortress built, where we would remain in hiding until it was time for my rule. But, I watched the heirs to the Peacecraft name as they grew, namely, the princess of the Peacecraft's. I was infatuated this girl named Relena, she was wise and beautiful, brave beyond anything that I had ever seen. Though I had grown to hate the Peacecraft's, there was something about her that I couldn't hate, it was in her eyes when she smiled, her voice as she spoke, her strong will to fight in what she believed to be right, there was something about everything she did and said that I just couldn't hate, and I couldn't ignore. I fell in love with her quickly, madly in love, no one would keep me away from her, I was determined to have her at my side when it came the time for my rule. The doctor had devised a plan to have my rule and to over throw any form of government or political power that stood in the way of my rule, and that is what he did all day down here, making his plans, perfecting his plans, and planning some more. But for over a year now I had been experiencing these painful and agonizing pains in the back of my mind. The doctor knew the answer to the problem, as he seemed to know the answer to everything, and he had immediately began to give me treatments that had caused the pains to stop, that is up until now.

"Doctor." I called again, after a moment he appeared from behind a large desk, where he had been typing furiously.

"What is it Persian Ice?"

"The pains are bothering me again, quiet badly, worse than before." I told him; he cursed and muttered under his breath, then looked at me,

"Alright, get over to the Neutralizer."

I lay down on the large table, and the doctor attached the different devices to my head, when he turned the machine on, I became unconscious...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Mr. Peacecraft, is it true that the Vice Foreign Minister has been kidnapped?"

"Mr. Peacecraft, are the terrorist going to attack the earth if we don't meet their demands?"

"Mr. Peacecraft-"

"Mr. Peacecraft-" they wouldn't stop their questions, the press had been in a fury ever since they found out that Relena was gone.

"Please, I can explain, but not unless you are willing to listen." I replied calmly into the microphone. I hate press conferences! Slowly, they each calmed and quieted enough to where I could speak,

"I know you are all concerned, and that there are rumors that the Vice Foreign Minister was abducted, but I can reassure you that she was NOT abducted, kidnapped, or in any way taken prisoner and being held hostage-"

"Can you tell us where she is?" one reporter shouted,

"That information is under strictest confidence, and will not be released to the public. Her status as V.F.M. will soon be replaced by someone else, and anyone who tries to find her, will be immediately arrested and jailed under charges of harassment. Is that perfectly clear?"

"But Mr. Peace-" they began again, but I left the auditorium before they could began to bombard me with their sea of questions. Entering my office, I fell back into the chair,

"Anything yet?" I asked Noin, who had been listening to the meeting from this office, I heard her move over to where I was,

"Not yet. We have no clues as where to look, no one can find any information on this guy, and we don't even have a lead to follow. It's like finding a needle in a haystack." she sighed, I groaned,

"More like solving an impossible riddle....- wait! That's it!" I exclaimed, the pieces starting to fall into place.

"What's it?!" Noin asked confused, I looked at her,

"He has been giving us hints. If we put all the information together that he told us, maybe it would be some sort of riddle in which may led us to Relena." I informed her,

"But, nothing that he has said makes any sense."

"But neither does a riddle until you figure it out."

"So what do you suggest?"

"Make a list of everything that he has said, or that Relena ever said he said."

"And?"

"We will deal with that later, right now let's just focus on this."

"I hope your right Zechs." she whispered,

"Well it's the only thing that seems to make sense as of this moment. I'm just praying it's the right thing."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I finally gave in, unable to fight it any more, and ever since I had opened Heero's journal and began to read it... I was unable to put it down. It was amazing, it was a completely different side of Heero that I never dreamed could actually exist!

It was amazing. Through alot of the entries I had read I had been unable to fight the tears that came at what he had written. How could I have not known? Why didn't I try to tell him how I felt when I had the chance? I cried knowing that many times I had hurt him, with the things that I said, or how I responded to things he did.

~*FLASHBACK*~

A.C.199 Christmas Eve...

I was hurriedly trying to get ready for the charity ball that Christmas Eve. I was running late, but I knew no one would notice. My long white gown accented my curves and skin, I had my hair up in a French twist, little ringlets falling about my face, I had a delicate diamond necklace around my neck, after checking a mirror, I concluded that I was beautiful, in fact, I thought it was the prettiest that I had ever looked, only because now I had finally out grown my...awkward teenage girl body, and now had the figure of a young woman. I had felt so pretty. A knock at the door alerted me that it was time to go.

"Coming." I called over my shoulder, I heard the door open and turned to see Heero standing in my doorway, dressed in the formal black tuxedo, and looking absolutely gorgeous! I stood there staring at him, like a woman who had never seen a man before in her life, that is... until he spoke,

"Come on. We're late." he replied, his voice as empty as it always had been, I sighed, Same Heero, different look.

"Wait. How do I look?" I asked, turning so that he could see my entire outfit, he stared at me a moment, then with just as much enthusiasm as always (which wasn't any) he replied,

"You look nice. Come on." I had felt hurt that he could just say something like that, it was as if he were being *forced* to say it! Well fine, if he wasn't going to acknowledge that I was a person with feelings, who appreciated a compliment every now and then, well then I could treat him the way he treated me, as merely a person, one with whom I had no emotional obligations or relations with, he was nothing more than a face in the crowd, and so that night I treated him as such. I danced with anyone who asked me, I smiled more, batting my eyelashes and acting as if I were actually interested in what my dancing partner had to say, but all the while, I was watching him, to see if he responded, if he were watching us, if he even noticed at all. At one point after a dance, and one was about to start again, he had approached me,

"Miss. Relena, may I inquire if the next dance is taken or if it is available?" Everything about him was the same as it always was, except for his eyes, they held a gentle yet fragile look about them, I wanted to see hurt in those eyes. I rolled my eyes in an annoyed and bored way,

"Why would you ask someone, in which you haven't been ordered to dance with, for a dance? Because from what I see about you Mr. Yuy, the only reason you do anything for me is if *forced* to, and so, no, the next dance is not available. Now, if you don't mind." As soon as the words came out, I knew I'd done something horrible, I saw the pain flash in his eyes, I had hurt him, and badly. But he didn't respond, he simply nodded and disappeared, leaving me standing on the dance floor, as a feeling of guilt engulfed me.

~*END FLASHBACK*~

But I refused to apologize, I had too much pride for that. I could see now that it was stupidity more than it was pride. And I knew now, that that night I had hurt him immensely, and after that I noticed how he started to change, how he became his old self once more, and I noticed how I hadn't noticed he'd changed at all to begin with.

"Oh Heero, I'm so sorry." I whispered, another tear making it's way down my cheek...

~*To be continued*~

AN: I know this chapter wasn't very good, but the next chapter is better. Please read and review. ALSO, I AM IN SEARCH OF A BETA READER!!! IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE MY BETA READER, PLEASE EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW!!! THANK YOU! ~*Tenoko*~