This story is a continuation of Destiny of the Heart. It takes place three years after the last story. 

 

Pain, Sorrow, and Happiness

Prologue

 

Relena paced the same spot in the living area of the cabin for the eight time that afternoon. 

"Relena will you just sit down. Pacing like that isn't going to make the phone ring any faster." Heero said while lying down on the couch watching his wife of now three years.

Relena stopped and looked at him. "I'm just nervous that's all. It's just that we have been tying for two years now Heero, and with no luck. It has too be this time, it just has too."

Heero smiled at her. "Come over here and lay down with me. I'll rub your shoulders for you."

"Really?" He nodded at her. Relena started to walk over toward him when the phone rang and she took off into the kitchen to answer it.

Heero sat up on the couch and waited patiently for her to return. After a few moments of silence she walked back into the room. "Was it the Dr.?"

Relena nodded her head and continued to walk toward him. Her face was unreadable.

Heero was about to get into his 'I'm sorry, but we can keep trying speech' but she smiled and threw her arms around his neck once she reached him.

"The test came back positive." She whispered in his ear. 

"P...positive."

"You're going to be a father."

Heero wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into his lap. He placed a gentle kiss to her neck.

"I love you Heero." She snuggled closer against him 

"I love you too Relena."

~*~

Relena smiled at the memory and placed a hand on her stomach. She was now four months along and loving every minute of it.

"Relena. Are you ready?"

She turned around to see that Heero had their luggage in his hands. She nodded and walked out of the room and took one more glance at the nursery and smiled.

The both walked out to the truck together and Heero threw their bags in the back then opened the door for her. After she sat down and buckled up he closed the door and made his way to the drivers side and got in. Relena shivered from the cold and dampness of the early morning from the rainstorm that had passed overnight. The sun was just coming up so it would be awhile before the day warmed up.

"We really need to get a car Heero. We're not going to have enough room in here for three of us."

Heero smirked. "I planned on buying one soon for you to drive."

"Really, my own car? I just learned how to drive and you're going to get me my own car?" Heero nodded and started the truck. Relena glanced over and smacked him lightly on the arm. "I thought that you would have had your seatbelt fixed by now."

"I'll get it done when we get back."

"You better." She crossed her arms and tried to imitate his old death glare, causing Heero to laugh at her. They drove in silence a short distance before she spoke again. "I can't believe that Millardo and Lucrezia are finally getting married. I felt like this day was really never going to happen. Those two have been in love with each other for years. I'm surprised that it took them this long."

"Your brother has a hot head, I think Noin just wanted to cool him off a bit." 

Relena giggled and looked over at her husband. "I'm just glad that the two of you get along."

"It helps that we haven't seen each other in three years." Heero smirked and looked over at her. 

"Heero, I've been thinking that maybe we can exchange our vows again, but this time invite everyone. I'm sure that they're still mad that we eloped and didn't invite them."

"I think that we can arrange something like that."

Relena smiled and closed her eyes. She felt Heero's hand gently rest on her stomach for a few moments then he pulled it back. She let her mind drift to thoughts of their child. They had decided to wait until birth to find out what sex it would be. She smiled. She so badly wanted a little boy and for him to look like his daddy. It would be wonderful to have a miniature version of the man she loved running around the house.

"Shit!" 

Her eyes snapped open when she herd Heero's voice and the tiers of the truck squeal and the feeling of them suddenly coming to a stop. She looked out the window just in time to see the headlights of another truck before it collided with them head on. The sound of metal bending and glass breaking could be herd. She could feel the truck start to spin then the loud sound of them colliding with something else and coming to a sudden stop.

Relena glanced over at the drivers seat to find it empty. "Hee...ro." She then passed out.