Pain, Sorrow, and Happiness Chapter 3

 

Millardo placed a hand on Lucrezia's shoulder as she hugged the over emotional Relena.

"It's going to be ok Relena. Millardo and I will always be here." 

Relena tightened her grip that she had on Lucrezia's shoulders and wiped the tears from her eyes. "When do we leave?"

"When your ready." Millardo replied.

 Relena broke the embrace and looked at the two of them. "I want to leave now. I want out of this place. I can't stand to be here."

"Relena," Noin moved a strand of hair from Relena's face. "Will you come back to the Sanc Kingdom with us?"

Relena tried to offer them a smile and managed to nod her head. "There is nothing here for me now. This town, this life I can't live without Heero."

Millardo placed a hand on Relena's shoulder and gave it a small squeeze. "Is there anything that you want to get before we leave?" 

Relena felt a few more tears travel down her face. "No, my life here is over."

"Relena, I need to ask you what do you want to do about..."

"I want him close to us." Relena cut in. She placed a hand on her stomach. "He needs to be close to us."

"I'll arrange it. Noin will you check Relena out while I take care of...other things."

"Of course." 

It took only a matter of minutes to check her out of the hospital. Millardo kept reassuring her that everything was taken care of. Noin kept a protective arm around her shoulders trying to give Relena support as they waited for their ride. It had just started to rain once the limo pulled up, and they quickly got in.

Relena leaned back into the seat and wrapped her arms around her stomach. She closed her eyes and whispered words of love and support to her child. She opened her eyes and looked out the window and watched the raindrops dance down the window. The reflective light from streetlights and passing cars made the tiny droplets of water like their own prisms. Relena watched one droplet of water that became increasingly bright from a passing car.

-She had looked out the window just in time to see the headlights of another truck before it collided with them head on-

Relena's eyes went wide with fright, she didn't want to remember what happened. She shivered. 'Cold, why am I so cold.'

 

The pounding rain smacked against a hand that reached out for her. 

She flinched in surprised when she heard the heated voice of Heero. 

Don't touch her! Heero smack the hand away.

She glanced over to see the glare that he was giving the person.

I...I'm a doctor. Let me help. The vice called out.

You did this! I don't want your hands on her! His eyes were filled with so much anger, his voice with hatred.

 

Relena gasped and sat up. She jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked over to see the concerned look on her brother's and Lucrezia's faces.

"What's wrong Relena?"

"Nothing, just a dream." 

She leaned back and looked out the window again. They arrived at the airport a short time later. Millardo got out and walked around opening her door while holding an umbrella for both Lucrezia and Relena. They walked over to the plane and got on. Relena quickly found a seat and sat down.  She gave everyone a look that she just wanted to be left alone. Once the plane took off she let the quiet tears slide down her cheeks. She had no idea what was going on. That daydream was so real. She could feel the cold of the air, the wetness of the rain, and the warmth of his body while he held her. But all of it never happened it couldn't have.

 

Hold on Relena.... Donít leave me.

 

Why was she hearing his voice? Was he haunting her because of the decision she made? "Oh God what if he was still alive and I killed him?" Something outside the window caught her attention. She looked at the red flashing light on the wing of the plane.

 

The red lights were lighting up the faces of the people that were around her. She took notice that she was laying down, the rain was still spilling from the sky. She felt herself being pushed and in the distance she saw him.

Heero was looking at something lost in thought. There was a trail of blood that was down the left side of his face. His clothes were wet and clinging to his body. His hair was heavy from the rain and hung in his face. She watched someone approach him saying a few words then quickly veered off as Heero glared at him. He looked over in her direction and started to quickly walk toward her.

 

"Relena."

She looked over and offered a small smile as Lucrezia sat down beside her.

"Do you want to talk?"

Relena thought about it then nodded. She had to talk about what just happened. She took a deep breath. "I keep hearing Heero's voice. It sounds so real, like he was talking into my ear."

Lucrezia had no idea what to say so she just sat and patiently waited to see what Relena would do.

"I see him too." Relena glanced over a Lucrezia to see that she was still listening. She was expecting a look that would tell her that Lucrezia thought she was nuts, but all she got was a warm understanding expression.

"I've herd of people say that at times they see their loved one, their presence was like that of a guardian angel."

"No," Relena shook her head. "This is different. I can see him clearly. His voice rings in my ears. When he holds me I can feel the warmth of his body. Then, then there is the cold and wetness of the rain."

"Rain? Was it raining that day?"

"It had that night. Maybe it started again, I don't know." Relena closed her eyes and sighed.

"Do you think that your experiencing memories from the accident?"

"It can't be. The hospital said that Heero had serious head trauma from the accident. In my dreams he was holding me trying to wake me up, and to keep me warm from the rain. He was yelling at someone."

Lucrezia looked over at Millardo, who had laid his seat back and was trying to get a small nap in. "Relena why don't you get some rest if you can." She smiled and placed a hand on her arm. "You're going to need it soon."

Relena ran her hands in small circles over her stomach and smiled. "I'll try."

"If you need to talk again, you can rely on me Relena. Any time, day or night."

"Thank you Lucrezia." Relena looked down at her stomach. 

Lucrezia got up and walked back over to Millardo and sat down next to him. Leaving Relena alone with her thoughts. 

She tried to close her eyes to get some rest but over time she herd voices and various beeping sounds.. They were nothing but faint echoes in her mind, but it was enough to make it impossible for her to sleep. Once in awhile she could hear the deep monotone voice of Heero speak up, begging her to open her eyes. And every time she did she would see nothing but the back of the seat in front of her.