Hopefully no one is confused, but if you are. Bolder print is the voices that Relena hears in her mind. Or it represents what she sees and believes isn't real.

 

Pain, Sorrow, and Happiness Chapter 4

 

Two days has passed. Two days that her heart has been in the worst pain ever. And to make things worse she believed that she was going crazy. His voice was always in her mind. Begging her to wake up, that he needed her and couldn't live without her. Then there was the steady soft beeping noise that kept replaying over and over in her mind. 

She had to get out of bed. Today was the day that everyone was going to say goodbye to him. She didn't want to move. Going to the funeral would only make this even a harsher reality. There was a knock on her door followed by Lucrezia's voice asking if she could come in. 

"Come in."

Lucrezia walked into the room. She was holding something in her hands. "I thought that even though you said that you didn't want anything from home. I had your maternity clothes packed and brought here. And I figured that you would want this." She held out the teddy bear that Heero had given her on her birthday. 

Relena smiled and took the bear. "Thank you for doing this."

"I didn't, Duo and Hilde were kind enough to get your things."

Relena smiled at the sweet gesture that the two of them did. "I'll have to thank them when I see them."

There was another knock on the door. Relena looked up to see that Duo had poked his head in her room. "Hi, um, is it ok if I come in for a few secs?"

Relena nodded and Duo walked slowly into the room.

Noin placed a hand on Relena's arm. "I'll leave the two of you alone." She stood up and walked out closing the door behind her.

Duo walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed. He had no idea of what to say to her. He feared that if said one wrong thing it would set her off and he didn't want to see her cry. "It's.... itís like a bad dream." 

 

'It's like a bad dream. To have fate bring you together only to pull you apart later.'

 

Relena gasped when she heard Duo's voice in her mind. He was in front of her yet she could hear his voice echo like all of the others. She let her concentration drift to the voices in her mind when she heard Heero speak up.

 

'The doctor said that she was in a deep sleep.'

 

She had the feeling that her hand was being squeezed. She looked down to see that Duo was holding her hand. She looked at him. She could clearly see that he was talking to her but only his lips were moving.

 

'Heero keep talking to her. I herd that it helps.'

'I have Duo, I've tried everything that was recommended these past few days.'

'It looks like you need sleep bud. Why don't you let me sit with her for awhile and you can crash on the couch over there.'

'No I need to be here when she wakes.'

'Look, you wouldn't be to far from her...'

'NO! I need to be here where she can see me when she wakes up.'

 

"Relena." Duo shook her gently. Her eyes snapped up to look at him. "You sort of left me here all alone for a few seconds. Are you ok?"

"I...I'm fine Duo, as fine as I can possibly be." She started to cry. The voices were getting to be too much to handle

Duo wrapped his arms around her. "I'm sorry Relena, I didn't mean too." He held her until she started to sniffle. 

"It's not you Duo." She allowed herself to be held. As soon as thoughts of how much she missed the feeling of Heero's arms wrapped around her slipped into her mind she pushed away from Duo. "I need to get ready."

He nodded and gave her hand another squeeze before he left the room.

Relena quickly got dressed. She had to look strong. Later when she was completely alone she could let herself breakdown. She was thankful that Millardo had handled everything. She knew it would have been impossible for her to deal with it.

Once they reached where the service was being held she sat down in her seat in the front. Millardo had decided that it would be best to keep the service small and to hold it within the old royal burial grounds on the Peacecraft estate. 

Relena sat and listened as Heero's friends began to talk a little about him. And it pained her heart every time someone talked about him in past tense. 

 

'Heero.'

 

Relena gasped and looked over at Millardo. It was his voice in her mind. But he was sitting next to her quietly listening to the speech that Quatre was giving. The deep sound of Heero's voice spoke up.

 

'Zechs.'

'Any change?'

'No, where's Mrs. Noin?'

'She's getting us a cup of coffee. How are you holding up?'

'What do you think!' - Heero snapped. - 'As soon as you got here you have tried to overstep my authority on decisions that involve her.'

'She needs the surgery Heero.'

'No, she will wake up on her own.'

'Damn it Yuy, can't you see that you need to do the right thing!'

 

Relena suddenly stood up gasping for air. Those words 'do the right thing' kept ringing in her ears. She looked over at Millardo. He spoke the same words to her when he asked her to sign the paper.

 

'It's not your decision to make!' - Heero's voice was starting to get angry.

The sound of Lucrezia's voice joined theirs. - 'Heero! Zechs! The two of you shouldn't be doing this here.'

'Stay out of this Noin.' - Zechs snapped at her.

 

She seen Quatre stop his speech and look at her. She could hear him asking if she was ok. She then felt someone grab her arm. She looked over to see Millardo standing next to her. The voices in her head were still yelling. "Don't fight...don't fight..." she whispered. Millardo quickly grabbed her just before she passed out.

 

'Don't fight.' - She whispered. The voices grew silent. Then the sensation of her face being touched, and the caring voice of Heero begging her to open her eyes could be heard. She never got a chance to look at him before complete silence overtook her.