Lost Prince From The Star Chapter One- The Wind Continent

Written by: Wa Edited & Revised by: Ai

Disclaimer: We do not own Gundam Wing, characters from GW are own by their company this is only a FANfiction.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Relena woke up the next morning, and found herself sleeping on a hard bed. And found out that it was not a dream, that Heero didn't save her.

It must be my attitude that makes him hate me..... or maybe it's her beauty that he likes. The that just means that I won't appear in front of him again. He won't see me again.

She got up from the bed and walked out of her room. A girl was already standing before her door, ready to knock. She had dark reddish brown curly hair, and was smiling at Relena.

"Are you alright? You scared me last night.... where did you came from?" The girl asked.

Relena just looked at her, she was not ready for her sudden question.

"Oh, you don't want to talk about it? Well that's fine, because a lot of people who come to the circus don't want to tell us their past either. You must have a sad past too. Well don't worry, you are going to be okay." She said.

"Um...may I ask who you are?" Relena asked.

"Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Catherine Bloom. And what's yours?" Catherine asked.

But Relena once again became silent, she couldn't give her real name to Catherine, but what name will she use?

"And you don't want to tell me your name either? Then what should I call you?" Catherine asked.

"Reina." Relena chose a name that was similar to her real name.

"Reina! That's a good name! Anyway, I'll get you breakfast right now!" Catherine said happily.

"Wait, Miss Catherine. Where are we right now?" Relena asked.

"We are on top of the Wind Continent. And we are planning to land on the Windmill City." Catherine told her.

The Wind Continent? It is like five thousand miles from Cinq that means that I can't go back home anymore.

"Can you help me cut my hair Miss Catherine?" Relena asked.

"Huh?" Catherine frowned in a confused way.

"It's better to have it short to work right? And I want to dye it too, so nobody will recognize me, and I won't remember my past. Also can you get me a new dress? I have no money but this dress to pay you." Relena said coldy.

"Are you sure? You long hair looks really really pretty." Catherine asked in case Relena might regret after. But Relena just shook her head, saying that she wanted to cut it and dye it for sure.

"Well, then you asked the right person! I'm one of the stylists for the circus." Catherine said cheerfully.

 

After the ship landed, Relena walked out of the Airship. This is the first time she walked on solid ground after she get caught by Sylvia. She waved back to Catherine who was standing on the ramp on the Airship. Relena had decided to live in this city instead. She decided to live among people that she didn't know, and learn stuff that she didn't know at the castle. She turned around as her short black hair was caught in the summer breeze. The first time that she walked in a strange city without any guards or people that she knew. She wanted to have her own adverture.

 

 

Two months later.......

There were a lot of people today here on the street. They were probably going to the Windmill mall, which was the only mall in this town. On the street, there were noises of people talking, the smell of the French bakery, the smell of the cool ice-cream shop that makes purple taro's ice-cream, and the fresh smell of the flowers and plants that are at the sidewalk, that likes to grow up to people's houses.

Walking on the colourful stone-paved road is one thing that Relena enjoyed most on the way home. The uniqueness of this stone is that it shines at nights, and you will never get lost. Ms Chris told me that it is called the cat's eye stone, because it glows like the cat's eyes at night. Ms Chris and Mr. Ralph were the family who had taken me in after I came into town. They also have a six or seven years old son called Ben, and we call him Little Ben.

Relena finally arrived at her new home. Little Ben was inside the house rolling his new wooden toy car on the carpet that Mr Ralph had just bought him yesterday. He welcomed Relena with a big smile on his cheerful face. Relena smiled back.

"Reina, can you bring me to the mall today?" Little Ben asked, while rolling his car on the carpet.

"But you did finish your vegetables today?" Relena said, while she was unloading the groceries she just bought at the market.

"Please! Tim said that he discovered a new place for chasing pigeons." Little Ben said with excitement.

"We have to ask Ms Chris first, remember." Relena said after she put all the groceries into the fridge.

"Okay!" And Little Ben ran into his mother's room to ask for permission.

"She said okay, Reina!" Little Ben rushed out again to tell Relena the news.

"Reina, I have to leave half an hour later to work, so can you cook dinner for Ben tonight? Me and Mr. Ralph won't be back till 12:00 a.m." Ms Chris asked.

"Of course!" Relena said, as Little Ben pulled her out of the house towards the direction of the mall.

On every weekend there would be entertainment like clowns, and shows at the center of the mall just near the big monument of the Star Prince. In this town people were a big believer of the Star Prince, because they believe that he will bring them peace.

But Heero had already gone with Sylvia............... the Star Prince has betrayed us already....and his Princess....

Suddenly the big old grandfather clock struck twelve, a chocobo bird released from the clock making a weird sound and the clowns started to collect money from the crown of people who were watching.

"Reina! I want taro ice-cream!" Little Ben pulled Relena into the ice-cream store. So Relena bought one for him, actually first when Relena heard of taro ice-cream she thought that it was disgusting, but after she tried it, it was actually sweet and good.

After they finished their ice-cream, they went into the weirdest shop in the mall. It's a store that sells old stuff like paintings, dolls and accessories. The decorations of the store expressed a dark mood, but this store never made you feel scared. And after the visit to the weird store, Relena sat on the edge of the big water fountain and watched Little Ben chase after pigeons.

Suddenly she saw Ben lose his balance and fall onto the ground. She ran up to him, but before she arrived at his spot, a man already helped him up. Relena kneeled down to see Ben's injury. His knees were bleeding, and tears started filling up his big eyes.

"Ben, I told you not to run too fast." Relena tried to tend to his injury but Ben turned alway, trying not to admit his fault.

"Ben!.....let's go home." Relena sighed, she picked him up and he hid in her arms, not letting anybody see his crying face. Relena walked, not realizing that the person who helped Ben up was still there.

"Oh you're still here. Thank you for helping him up. Ben you need to thanks this...." Relena told as she turned around.

".............." Relena shivered as she saw that person's face. The cold blue eyes, and the dark hair.....it was the perfect soldier.

Heero paused as he saw Relena once again. It had been two months since his Princess ran away. And it had been two months since he had worked for Sylvia Noventa, searching for the Princess. He didn't know that she would run away. And he didn't expect that she would be here, in this town. However, he was not sure that this short black hair girl was Relena.

Her clothing...and why would the Princess be around with this little kid? The Princess would never do that..... And she shivered a little upon seeing my face, it must be my scary look, but Relena would never be afraid of me.

"Thank you." Little Ben said as Relena had instructed him to.

Relena brought out her courage and smiled back and waved goodbye to Heero as she turned and walked away. However, Heero was still suspicious of her and he suddenly grabbed her fist, stopping her from walking away.

"You're Relena, don't lie." Heero said coldly.

"I'm sorry?" Relena said as she looked away, trying to pretend that she didn't know him. She tried to prevent her fear from showing on her face, but it was hard when the fear was so great that it caused her heart to skip a beat.

Why is he here? I can't let him catch me...I have been running away from him...I can't let him catch me again!! I just can't..

"Stop lying, I know you're Relena." Heero tried testing her again.

"Reina, can we go home now?" Little Ben called out as he got bored of the conversation.

"Look Mister, I don't know who you are and I need to go home right now." Relena shook away Heero's grip and ran away.

Heero watched as Relena went, he was sure that it was her. The way her expression was when she pouted and her voice that he hadn't heard for two months. It must be her.

 

Relena arrived at Mr. Ralph and Ms Chris' house. She sat down on the armchair and tried to calm herself down.

Oh no....Heero has finally found me, what should I do now? He will come and take me back to Sylvia Noventa, then I'll never get back to father. And I won't see Little Ben again. Should I tell Ms Chris?

It was almost 11:00, but Mr. Ralph and Ms Chris were not back yet. After Ben washed up and brushed his teeth it was time for bed. And before bed Little Ben would usually ask Relena to read him a story. Tonight, he chose a story book call 'The Little Prince'

Little Prince is a book about a man meeting the Little Prince who came from a small planet. When Relena was halfway though the story, Ben asked her so many questions, just like she was, when she was little in the castle. Her mother, the Queen would always read her fairy tales. And every time she asks questions, her mother would answer them like what she was doing now. It seems that the past happened again, she repeated the process all again. And one of Ben's questions goes like this....

"Why didn't Little Prince want the other sheep that the man had drew for him? And why won't I see the sheep in the box?" Little Ben asked while hugging his stuff animal.

 

"I don't know, because meaning from books usually asked you to seek it yourself. Everybody is different so when you look inside that box, you may see a different thing." Relena told him.

"Then what will I find in it?" Little Ben asked again.

"Maybe a new toy car I guess." Relena said.

"Wow! That's really cool! Do you think the box will give me the toy now?" Little Ben asked again while he examined the box picture on the page.

"Before you get the toy, you have to find the box first."

"Will it take long? I want to see it right now! Where's the box, Reina?" Ben asked Relena, giving her a seriously worried look.

"I'm not sure Ben, but sleep now or else your parents are going to get angry when they came back from work, seeing you running around the room searching for boxes." Relena told him as she covered Ben with his blanket.

"Okay Reina. But you have to promise to read the story to me tomorrow night too, maybe there's clue in it." Ben said as he held his stuff animal tight and hid beneath the covers.

"Of course I will! Now go to sleep! Goodnight." And she kissed him on his forehead.

It was 12:00 when Mr. Ralph and Ms Chris finally came back from work. Relena walked downstairs while Ms Chris was coming up, Ms Chris stopped.

"You're still awake, Reina? It's getting late!" Ms Chris asked.

"Ms Chris, I have something to ask you, you may think that this is nonsense but.... I need to leave right now, I mean I need to leave this place now. Please don't ask me why....... do you know any safe place where I can hide?" Relena asked.

Ms Chris stared at her for a long time, Relena was starting to think that she was not believing her. Finally she had a reply for her.

"Wait here Reina." And she ran down the stairs. Relena heard her talking to her husband. And Relena waited there for a while.

What should I do now? What if they don't believe me, are they with Sylvia? What if they are? Should I run before Ms Chris come back?

The dark lighting and the dark wooden floor of this house suddenly made Relena shiver. She can't bear to think of Heero's eyes again. She must run so that he won't find her again.

How I wish it was just a nightmare, so when I open my eyes the next morning, mother, father and my brother will be by my side and calm me down......But.....

After some time Ms Chris finally came back. She ran up the stairs.

"Reina, can you please help us pack up? We are going to the west! To the area of the Cinq Kingdom." She told Relena.

Relena was frozen a little bit after she heard that, she had misunderstood Ms Chris. She was not telling her husband about my sudden unreasonable desire to leave.

She was trying to help me all along. This family was so kind to me, since the day I've arrived here, they didn't even ask me a question about who I am or why was I walking down the street alone. They didn't ask where's my family. And if they run with me right now.......I may bring danger to them.....and little Ben.....

"Thank you Ms Chris." Relena said.

I was wrong... I thought that I would hate Heero forever...but when I saw him today again, I realized how much I've missed him. I don't want him to see me was because I ran away from him.... not facing the truth that he is with Sylvia. When did I start liking him? When did I become like this? ..... but living with Ms Chris, Mr. Ralph and Little Ben...helped me learn now to share with people.....How could I bring trouble to them? Ever.......

I've been running away from all my responsibilities, for being a Princess.... I don't want to hid anymore. And it's time for me to leave this peaceful place, and face my enemies!