Shattered Dreams Chapter 5

 

Millardo slammed his hand down on the desk in front of him. "Damn still nothing. It's impossible that their whole family is nothing but Saints."

"That's what has me wondering." Heero stood up and stretch.

"What?" Millardo looked at him.

"Nobody's perfect." Heero walked toward the door. "We better get going."

"Yuy, I appreciate the help." He walked over toward him and looked at the few Preventer officers that stopped by the doorway to look at the two of them. "I think for now it would be a good idea that no one knew about our little day together." Heero nodded in agreement. "Oh and Yuy there is one more thing that I need to do." He balled up his fist and smashed it in Heero's face. "I believe that's the same spot that you hit her, or am I wrong?"

Heero smirked and looked at Millardo. "I knew that was still coming."

"I can't have people believing that you and I actually get along." Millardo started to walk down the hallway when he felt someone grab his arm. He turned around only to have Heero return the blow to his cheek.

"I can't have people believing that I won't retaliate." Heero's eyes went wide as Millardo grabbed him and slammed him against the wall.

"Why you little..." He was completely caught off guard as Heero grabbed a hold of his arms and placed on leg behind his then lunged forward making both men fall to the floor. 

Neither one was getting the upper hand as they struggled to get the upper hand. Heero felt a blow to his ribs and he quickly grabbed one of Millardo's hands and managed to get it in a position that made the older man cringe in pain. 

"Stop it the both of you!"

They both stopped and looked up to see Lady Une glaring at them. She turned to face two men that were behind her. "Guards get them out of the building now!" 

The two guards pulled out their guns and waited for them to get up. Once they both managed to pick themselves up they started to walk slowly while glaring at one another. The two armed guards walked them out of the building. Once outside they stood staring at each other.

"How dare the both of you do something like that if front of the other officers that work in that building. Do you know how childish the two of you looked rolling across the floor? There are numerous people in there that idolize the two of you, and you probably have them rethinking their actions right now, I sure am." Une started to walk toward a car that was parked nearby and opened the door then faced them again. "For now we will pretend that nothing happened. But if I catch the two of you again on Preventer property, or in uniform fighting I will strip you both of your job." She got in the car and closed the door then rolled down the window. "Oh and gentlemen I do believe that the two of you are going to be late for the wedding if you don't leave now." 

They both watched as she drove off then they looked at each other and smirked. 

"We better get going." Millardo walked off toward the parking lot with a quiet Heero following him. 

 

ߪªªªªßªªªªªßªªªªªßªªªªªß

 

"Where in the hell is he?" Duo looked at the clock in the room he was in. 

Quatre sighed. "I can go look around again."

"He's not going to show. There's only fifteen minutes left." Duo sat down in a chair and crossed his arms.

"Duo." Quatre walked over to him and pulled on his arm. "Get up before you wrinkle you suit. Heero will be here I'm sure of it."

Wufei, who was leaning against the wall, opened his eyes to watch the scene before him. "Let him ruin it, Yuy has already ruined the wedding." 

There was a knock on the door and everyone looked over to see Trowa walk in. He shook his head knowing what they were already thinking.

"I'm going to go outside for a few minutes." Quatre smiled and left the room. He walked past a few guests and went out the front door and sighed in relief as he saw Heero and Millardo walking toward him.  His eyes rested on the welts that both men were sporting on their faces. Millardo brushed past him and went into the church. Quatre grabbed Heero's arm. "What happened?"

"We had a talk." Heero walked past Quatre and into the church.

Quatre followed Heero into the church then led him to the room where Duo was. They both walked in and almost immediately Duo grabbed Heero.

"Where in the hell were you? Do you know that it's not nice doing things like this to your friends on their wedding day?" Duo's eyes rested on Heero cheek. "Man that is going to be one nasty bruise in the morning."

Quatre smiled. "You should see Zechs."

ߪªªªªßªªªªªßªªªªªßªªªªªß

Millardo walked down the isle and found the pew that Relena and Lucrezia were setting in. He stopped when he seen that Une was sitting with them. She looked up and smiled at him.

"Well it's good to see that you made it here on time." 

Millardo sat down between Lucrezia and Relena. "Sorry I'm late. I had to stop by the hotel and change first." He threw a glance at Damon then about jumped out of his seat when he felt Lucrezia touch his right cheek.

"What happened?" She whispered.

"Nothing." He looked at Lucrezia and Relena, they both had looks of 'we don't believe you' and Une was shaking her head.

"Looks like you got into a fight to me." Damon spoke up. "And I bet that I can guess with who."

Millardo smirked and faced him. "Can I have a word with you? Alone."

Damon nodded and followed Millardo, both men leaving behind three confused women. Once they got out of earshot Millardo finally spoke.

"Listen to me, I'm going to give you some advice that you should take to heart. Watch what you do or say around Relena or it won't be just Yuy coming after you. Do I make myself clear?"

Damon smiled. "Sure. But I wouldn't do anything to her, I care about her."

"Good, that's good to hear." Millardo walked back to the ladies.

Damon watched as he sat back down and glared at him. He plastered a smile on his face and walked back over to Relena and sat down. He leaned toward her and whispered in her ear. "Relena, I have something that I would like to discuss with you later tonight."

ߪªªªªßªªªªªßªªªªªßªªªªªß

Relena looked at the one of the side doors near the front of the church knowing that is where Duo and the guys would come out. The door opened and Duo walked out. He looked back and moved out of the way for Wufei and Trowa. 

Heero smacked Quatre's hand out of the way from messing with his hair. "It's fine."

"You look the way that you always do. Don't you want Relena..."

"No, I don't want Relena to think of anything when she looks at me." Heero ignored the shocked look on Quatre's face and walked out into the church and took his place by Duo's side. 

Heero looked at the audience and got the urge to leave. He hated to be around this many people. Although Duo and Hilde's wedding is nothing compared to what he went through with his wedding, he still had the feeling of being put on display. His eyes wandered around the room until he found where Relena was sitting. When he made eye contact with her she smiled at him. He quickly looked away and glanced at Millardo, who nodded at him. 

The church got quiet as 'The Wedding March" Played. Everyone turned around to look at the bride. 

"Wow."

Duo smiled as Quatre's comment.

It was a simple dress. A white satin gown that was off the shoulders and clung to her curves, the lower half flowed freely from her hips to ground. Hilde didn't want anything too fancy because she is a simple girl and the gown truly stated that. But Duo didn't care about the dress, just the person that was wearing it.

Hilde walked slowly down the aisle her eyes glued on Duo. Once she got close enough she glanced over at Heero and the others and offered them a smile. Duo reached his hand out to help her up the three small steps. She gave his hand a squeeze before she let go.

The priest smiled and spoke and Heero's mind was quickly lost in thoughts of his own wedding. He was finally knocked out of them when he felt Quatre nudge him from behind. 

"Heero the rings."

He flinched in pain as Quatre made contact where Millardo had hit him earlier. He hadn't complained about it then because who he was with but now he knew that he probably had one or two ribs seriously bruised or fractured.

"Are you ok?" Duo whispered.

Heero nodded and handed the rings to Duo. He glanced over at Millardo who smirked at him and tried his best not to look at Relena but couldn't resist as he seen the worried look on her face. She then looked at Millardo and said something to him. 

The rest of the wedding went by quickly enough and Heero was more then happy to get away from the mob of people that was trying to get out of the church to do the rest of their traditions. He walked into the bathroom and sighed. 

"Zechs did more than punch your face." Trowa walked in and leaned against the wall by the door. "How bad is it?'

"It's nothing that I haven't lived with before."

Trowa nodded in agreement. "I took notice that Zechs was favoring his right hand."

"Good." Heero smiled to himself.

"Are you staying for the reception?"

"It's required of me to give a toast and to dance with the bride isn't it?" Trowa nodded. "Then I'm staying." 'Besides I need to keep an eye on Damon.' He thought as they walked out to head toward to the reception.