Reflection of the Spirit, Part 2 by Tomorrow

AN: Thanks a lot everyone, you really made me feel good when I read what you had to say. Oh, and one of you brought up a good point. In case some of you didn't know, gay can also mean happy or joyful (I didn't mean to be misleading). Same deal for this one guys, so better review after this one too. Thanks, go ahead and read now!!

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing... I never will, so don't worry about it. Also, I don't own the title "Daughter of Eve." That was created by C.S. Lewis in "The Chronicles of Narnia."

 

"Oh my God... OH MY GOD, HEERO!" Relena shrieked as she peered into the majestically ornamented looking glass. She stumbled backwards, trying to put as much distance as possible between herself and the accursed mirror, only to wallow on the deferred train of her gown. Before she fell to the floor, Heero had caught her in his sturdy and awaiting arms, holding her close to his bosom with a sheathing caution. But Relena wasn't content in the grasp of his arms, not at all. As she turned her head to again gaze at the reflection, she screeched in brash terror, burying herself deeper and deeper into his chest, seeming as though she was trying to find her way into his very body.

Heero lay his head on her own, binding her even tighter in his embrace as he whispered mild words of soothing compassion, urging her to tell him what ails her. He could feel the bitter-sweet waters as they made canvases of translucent spectrums and oils across his shirt as the fanciful candles' flames pranced across the cotton. His shirt soon became a second skin, moistening his taut chest as she rubbed her weeping eyes deeper to his breast; her cries and laments of sanctioned innocence causing the dissipated crystals to burn and cleanse him of all ration, only leaving room for whatever emotion he could muster of solace. Her now fallen strands hand entangled themselves betwixt his fingers, and the force behind her tantrum was causing him to retreat towards the walls.

"Oh Heero, Oh PLEASE HEERO, make it go away! Why won't it go away?!"

"What Relena, what do you see? Why are you so scared?"

"It's coming for me! Heero STOP IT!"

"Where, WHERE is it?" he began to shake her violently that she would answer.

"THE MIRROR!!!"

By this time, everyone in the hall was staring at the couple, many of the girls sliding their arms around their dates' waists, for they too were becoming a bit nervous. Hilde and Duo had made their way through the crowd nearer to the commotion, Duo now stroking her hair while Hilde had brought her hands to her ears, her eyes were as well betraying tears, whimpering into Duo's chest as she heard the screams of one of her best friends. When Trowa and Catherine became aware of the turmoil, they too had gone to see what was happening, and when Cathy saw how pitifully Relena was fleeing into Heero's open arms, she ran out of the chamber, Trowa then following her in hot pursuit. Wufei on the other hand, was seen commenting to Sally about how weak and dishonorable such a display of hysterics was, and she in turn smacked him on the arm and dragged him as far as she could to Heero's side. Quatre and Dorothy had stepped out onto the terrace together, talking about war's beauty as well as its consequences, how nice the weather had been, and other small-talk such as that, when one of the younger gentlemen at the party asked, "Hey, have you guys seen what's goin' on in there?" They merely shook their heads when he added, "There's a girl and she's really freaking out about somethin' You two should come in and see it. It's a riot." The pair looked at each other than bolted for the hall, when they had gotten their fill of the scene. She clasped her hands together, giving Quatre somewhat of a worried glance, while he returned it to her with equally if not more concern heeded in it.

Having enough of seeing her in such pain, Heero grabbed the gun he had kept concealed within his inner jacket pocket and fired a bullet straight into the center of the glass. The pieces clanged and screeched their own torment as they shattered on the floor, Relena finally beginning to calm down. Heero slid his arms under her thighs and carried her to one of the benches that spastically decorated the hall. Others began to follow, but the fire and aura of death that preceded his glare caused them all to disperse and return to the dance.

As he set Relena on the bench, he got down on one knee and began to stroke her shoulders with his hands, trying to cease her tears. She was still hiccuping a little, but he still decided to turn her head that her eyes could look directly into his own and asked her, "What was that all about?"

Her breasts began to heave, and he could see a new lake of waters begin to contrast the lust of the ocean's romantic storm of her eyes as he relayed this question to her.

"It's all right Relena, calm down now." He hushed her. "Shhh, shhh, it's all right, I'm here. I promised that I'd protect you, so you know I'll never let any harm come to you."

"Oh, oh He- Heero," she sobbed. "It beckoned me, it was asking me to come. It, it r-reached out to me. His eyes... its eyes were, were..." she desperately grappled his neck. "I don't want to stay here! I can't stay here... it'll get me. Home, please Heero I want to go home," she cried. Heero was really getting worried now. She trembled and quaked violently under his hands, and the look in her eyes was that of pure and unwavering dismay. In all the time he had ever known Relena, she was one to never show her fear, especially as openly as she was now. He knew that Relena refused to cry in his presence, for he had overheard her one night as she was conversing with her one and only confidant.

*Flashback*

Relena was lying in her bed, sleep beginning to flood her delicate system, and yet she wouldn't succumb to it just yet. In her arms she clasped a bear, a small brown teddy bear with short curly hair and beautiful black eyes. If one looked at them closely, he would almost believe that he could see the soul of the holder being reflected in all its glory within the glass eyes of this inanimate friend. From her lips were being whispered words of secrecy that if ever spoken to another, would break her spirit and ambition surely. It was at this time that Heero stealthily made his way through the doors of her balcony and on bended knee, sat silently by her bedside. Oh how gorgeous she looked in his eyes. Her diamond-sparkling tresses lay sprawled out along her pillow, creating a christening halo of heavenly angles as she slept--a sure sign that she was a daughter of Divinity's descent or being faithfully protected by her own guardian angel through God's assign. She had not changed into her nightgown that evening, but also had she stripped of the smothering suit that confined her throughout the day, leaving her, of course, only clad in her undergarments. As his eyes wandered down her sleeping form, he couldn't help himself but to pull away the satin sheets to reveal her slender form of womanly beauty.

*She will be in need of a new bra soon,* he though to himself as he took in her magnanimity. He could see the fullness of her breasts spilling out of the support of the silken lace and overflowing onto the mattress beneath. They were pushed together just so that they made perfect globes of maiden flesh, and the heat in his cheeks only rose as he thought of what more was hidden behind the wings of her lingerie. He glided his hand down her licentious curves and found his way down to her thighs, where in between these tiny mounds held the object of his so desire. He dared not let his eyes see her silken barrier, for he knew he would never be able to tear them away if he did. As he covered her once more within the sheets, her heard her murmur soft whispers of his name. He lay his ear to her lips, listening intently as she poured her soul's inner aspires into the tummy of her stuffed companion; for in the subconscious mind, one holds back no fears and hopeful dreams... she is off guard from predators to her heart.

"Never shall I show myself to him, for he will take it from me. I cannot give him the satisfaction of seeing me broken and resorted to tears. I would rather die than be prey to such a fate. I could not bear for him to take away my last and only dream... " and then the sound of her soft breathing was all that could be heard echoing amongst the silence of the night.

*End of Flashback*

Whatever this barbaric apparition was, it must have been a horrific sight for her to break her vow of dispassion so easily.

"Don't cry anymore Relena, you don't have to tell me anything now. I'll take you home." Before Heero could get to his feet that he could tell the others what was going on, she clutched his arm and beseeched, "Heero, please don't leave me alone here. I don't want you to leave me... I'm so frightened." She looked directly into his eyes, trying to find the hint of concern which she had seen within them so evident before, and she could only hope that through the affectionate lust of her own irises, she could melt his heart that so yearned for freedom that he would comply.

"Nothing is coming for you now Relena. I'll only be a second," he murmured, wiping her newly shed tear away with a sleek massage of his fingertips.

"Hey Heero, what's goin' on?" Duo asked, for once a insipid grin not gracing his features.

"Well... where's Hilde?"

"Oh, she's in the bathroom with all the other girls. Listen, they're really worried, so what happened?"

"I don't know Duo. I think she's just over-tired. I'm gonna take her home and put her to bed. Hopefully she'll be fine in the morning."

"Oh, okay. I'll get the girls and..."

"NO DUO. I don't think she wants to start another panic, so why don't you guys stay here, enjoy the dance a little while longer, then head home in a couple of hours."

"Okay buddy, we'll see you two later then. Oh, and Heero," Duo called as Heero walked back towards Relena, "she'll be all right, you'll see." Heero nodded and went to get Relena.

The car ride home was silent, and he could tell Relena was still vigilant because of the way her eyes searched the scenery they passed. Without her knowing, Heero would every so often sneak a glance her way, keeping a close eye on her every movement, for he wanted to be sure she wouldn't act up with another episode. But, after awhile, she fell asleep, only making a few whimpers as they drove along the parts of the road which weren't lit as well as others.

"Relena... Relena," Heero nudged her when they reached the estate. She only stirred for a moment, eliciting a placid sigh from her breath, and so Heero decided to carry her up to the bedroom. He gently slid his arm behind her neck--making sure to support her head--, and the other found its way behind her knees, when he effortlessly conveyed her to her bedroom. Gingerly he placed her upon the mattress, making sure she was covered snugly and entirely under the sheets before he began to make his way to the door. When he had whisked her to the bed, he noticed how serene she had been in his arms, a smile forever present as he shushed her last cries of fright. She looked and acted so sweet and tender, as an infant babe, her innocence shown as it deviated against his own wicked desires when she writhed in his hug. He knew right then and there that she was a special gift to him, granted to him to help him find his way back to all the impeccability he should still posses. Before he even left her side, she began to thrash and moan within her bliss. As he traced his fingers along her lips, memorizing their luscious shape and consoling warmth, her body stopped tossing, and her features relaxed in peaceful slumber, her fragile hand trying to find its place in his own. Heero quietly shut the door and made his way down to the kitchen to make himself a cup of strong, black coffee. Just as he poured the dark mix, the phone rang and he went, cursing under his breath, to answer it.

"Yeah?"

"Heero, It's Quatre."

"Quatre, when are you guys coming home?"

"Well, that's what I called about. We won't be coming home tonight."

"What... why?"

"Well, the limousine won't start, and we can't get anyone out here to fix it for another five hours."

"Well, then I'll come pick you..."

"No, don't even think about it Heero. The Dutchess who's hosting the party says we can stay here for the night, and besides, you'd have to take Relena with you. Why not let her sleep. We should be home around six tomorrow morning."

"All right Quatre, until tomorrow then."

"Bye."

Heero hung up the phone, a little peeved that they would call and disturb him for such a frivolous reason. With a hearty sigh, he poured his coffee down the sink and retired to bed, checking on Relena one last time before he turned in for the night.

 

*Wha... what am I doing in bed?* Relena thought to herself as she opened her eyes. The clock read 3:30am, and she had no idea how she even got home. The last thing she could recall was the screaming, and then Heero swiftly coming to her aide; after that her mind was a blank. She groggily sat up and walked over to her closet, shuttering a little as her feet collided with the frigid wooden floor, her mind set on getting out of that uncomfortable dress. After about ten minutes, she was clothed in a long, pink nightgown that hugged her figure tightly. Over the gown lay a transparent garment that was tinged a partially lighter pink, which glistened when the haze of the moonlight penetrated its fabric. Pulling her hair out of its braids, she sat at her vanity and began to brush out the newly formed knots that it had accommodated, not letting her eyes even take a quick glance at her own reflection.

"Relena... look at me," a soft whisper called to her.

Dropping the brush out of the shock, her eyes still fixed idly to the floor she asked, "Who, who are you? What do you want?"

"Princess, why don't you come?"

"Come, come where? Is this a joke, because if it is it's not very funny."

"Sacred Daughter of Eve, stop stalling and COME."

"No, I won't be tricked again!" she screamed while running out of the room, knocking her chair over in the process.

"You will listen to me in time," the voice echoed through the empty corridors.

 

"Hnn... what?" Heero called out as he heard footsteps fall across the floor of his room.

"Heero, can I sleep with you?" Even through the shadows that guarded his face to hide his normally unfathomable features, she could still see his eyebrow arch at her equivocated inquire. "I didn't mean it like that Heero, it's just I don't want to be by myself tonight. I was in my room and... never mind. Well, I was hoping you would let me stay with you, so I'd feel more comfortable."

"Relena, I'm sure there's nothing in your room that's going to get you, so please go back to bed," he replied, soon regretting it. It's not that he disliked the idea of her sleeping with him, it's just that he was afraid where such a situation could lead. As he pulled the covers over his head, he heard precious sounds of crying coming from the entrance to his room where she was standing. Seeing her holding his bear so tightly, the cleansing waters of her eyes dampening its fur--more than likely going to give her little friend a cold because he was so sodden--, he let go a heavy sigh and said, "Come on Relena. You can have the bed, I'll take the chair."

"No Heero, I couldn't let you do that. It is after all your room."

"I'm not letting you sleep on a chair Relena."

"Fine, then we'll BOTH sleep on the bed."

"Fine!" Heero retorted before thinking about his response. Before he could say anything in contrast, she had already made herself into a nice little ball on the left side of the bed, her eyes asking him to come and lie with her. Running his hand through his wild tresses, he slid under the covers, moving as far over the he right as possible, teetering so far over the edge he must have been defying gravity that night.

"No, no stop! Leave me alone, please go away!" Relena mumbled as she turned in her sleep. Her dreams were restless and plagued with voices and chants, and sweat was running down her forehead. When she dropped the bear out of her limp grasp, her withering then becoming worse, she felt a succoring warmth come over her. Two arms wrapped around her quivering form pulling her near to their source, and she lay there the rest of the night in dreamless repose, fully sanguine in the embrace of her knight. Heero, half-asleep, kissed her velvet strands and clasped her even nearer to his heart; using one of his arms to pull the blankets around them even tighter. A tiny smirk pulled at his lips as her breath teased the skin on his neck and the tips of his ears.

"Whoa, good thing Zechs drove his own car to the party, otherwise he'd be havin' a fit right about now," Duo's cheery voice chimed in as Heero slowly opened his eyes to the infernal sunlight. When he saw the gathering of onlookers at his door, he immediately snapped awake, pulling the sheets over his boxers and tried to explain what had happened.

"Listen you braided numbskull, she got scared last night and came blubbering to my door."

"Heero, you didn't tell me there was something going on between you and Miss Relena. That's so cute. I always knew you had feelings for each other," Quatre said, an adorable smile spread across his face.

Heero raced down the stairs, the others in pursuit, and began to try again. "I told you, NOTHING went on."

"Don't be unjust Yuy. If there's something going on between you and that weak woman upstairs, then the honorable thing would be to tell us about it." Wufei snorted. Just then, Relena awoke from the all the yelling that was taking place downstairs, and ran down to see what was going on.

"Will you all shut up! Relena and I aren't a couple, okay! I had to let her stay in my room, or I wouldn't have gotten any sleep last night. I don't care about her at all. She's my mission, and I will NEVER fail at one of my missions! I can't stand her, and the easiest way to have gotten her out of my hair was to get her to sleep--namely, letting her sleep with me! Got it?!"

"Yeah, sure man. Huuh," Duo choked as he saw Relena walk up behind Heero.

"You, you only did that to... You're not my friend... I hate you Heero! I hate you!" she sobbed while running out the back door and into the storm that was beginning to brew outside.

"Relena! Wait!" Heero called out as he and the others went after her...

 

 

 

AN: Ooohhh, Relena's mad at Heero... well, he asked for it, being so mean like that to her. What's going to happen? Please people, e-mail, I need to know how I'm doing. Thanks everyone who read and e-mailed me about the last chapter and this one. Bye!