AN: I'm sorry for taking so long... REALLY, UNTTERLY depressed. I hope you like this, and I apologize again for keeping you all waiting. Thank for all of your support guys'

 

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing.

 

 

 

Relena fell upon her bed, exhausted from the emotional outpour which she had evoked, and began to murmur words of incoherence into the wistful breezes that fluttered around her chamber and chilled her skin.

"So mean... my poor darling... someday... set free," she whispered as she fell into a deep, intimate slumber.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"They're so cruel, why can't they see you, your innocence, the righteousness within you? Why must they judge you by your physical actions instead of by pure intention?" Relena cried, clenching her fists and falling to her knees, calling out to her stranger. The dark figure reached out to her in the nothingness, wanting nothing more than to surround her in his embrace and hold her to his bosom forever. But he knew that could not be, for his bitter touch burned her very essence in excruciating agony, and he couldn't bear to put her through such misery.

"My little dove," the shadow whispered, "don't worry about them... I have you here with me now, and that's all which I could ever want or need."

"I won't leave you, I promise I won't leave you this time! Then we can be together, and you will be lonely no longer," the young woman said, hope glistening in her voice. As she spoke to him, her eyes met his own, and all he could see within them was hope, naivete, and infant-like happiness. The beautiful veil of light that clothed her and kept her safe from his own demonic aura gave her the splendor of a youthful maiden who was soon to be the bride of the man of her innermost desires. Her blinding radiance sparkled and shimmered as a feral torch through the bleak terrain, and her locks of beautiful eagle-feathered elegance draped along the figure's shoulders, creating a garment of fine gold for him to wear.

"You must go back, you cannot stay here with me. As much as I would will it, it just cannot be done. Please leave me," he chided.

"No, no I would never. I need you my brave knight. You are mine and mine alone, and when I feel your heart ache, mine writhes in pain with your own. Don't make me go," Relena murmured back.

"Oh my darling... forgive me Lord for I am selfish and weak! You shall stay with me if you choose, but you must understand that in this world we will not last long this way. Are you willing to leave behind all of those who love and care about you? Your brother, the rest of the Gundam pilots... are you truly sure you want to leave them behind at this point?"

The ambition within Relena's hallow orbs faded as he spoke to her. She had never thought about that before. Could she really just leave them without saying good-bye... when it was her choice? Would they ever forgive her when they joined her someday? Still, she knew what she needed, and she knew what this shadow of the darkness required. She had no choice... she would leave them all for this one, misguided soul, which was her soul-mate, the one that God had destined for her before the dawn of time itself. She loved him, and she could not bear knowing that he was suffering any longer.

"Yes, I am ready to accept that," she whispered meekly.

"You know that we may be split apart at death because of my ill judgement, and you therefore would be wasting your life?"

"If that is the case, then I will go down into the recesses of hell itself to bring you back to our eternal bed in heaven in which we both shall sleep together in timeless bliss. I do not fear what I am to undertake, it is right... I know it is."

"Relena," the voice murmured before a tear rolled down his cheek, singeing the skin of cindered aloe, that one bead of sentiment which he let fall illuminating his entrancing eyes of mythical pride. He carefully took her hand, shuttering inside seeing how his touch massacred her chaste apparition, and slowly brought her fingers to his lips, kissing every fingertip with divine reverence. Translucent crystals of light flowed along her cheeks with each of his sincere, yet pernicious brushes to her exuberant skin, and small whimpers escaped her throat as he began to kiss her wrist in a more hungry fashion. It hurt her so much, and yet the passionate sensations felt so wonderful and new, that she couldn't tell him to stop. As he kissed her elbow, he slowly opened his eyes and jumped back from her, releasing her from his grip. The luscious glow that once graced her arm had now dissipated, and gruesome red welts replaced that impeccable beauty. His breath was halting, and he felt horribly for having done that to her.

"Oh Relena, I lost myself in the moment, and in it I have killed a part of you. Please forgive me... I'm so sorry," he said horrified.

"Heero, it's all right... I'm sure it will heal. As long as I can be with you, I don't care what happens," she said, a hint of gladness in her tone.

"It won't be long my princess, and then..."

"We'll be together always, my Perfect Soldier," Relena interrupted as they looked upon each other in loving content.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*

"Oh God, Heero! Come on buddy wake up!" Duo shouted to the unconscious Heero lying on the kitchen floor. His heart-beat and pulse were extremely faint, and his breath incredulously shallow, so harsh that his chest barely rose and fell with each sip of air he took.

"His vital signs are fading fast, and I see no physical indication why he would be having all these internal failures," Sally thought out-loud, very nervous because she couldn't find out what was wrong with him. "Come on guys, carry him up to his room so I can examine him better."

"Sure Sally," Trowa said as he and the other pilots brought Heero up the stairs and laid him on the coarse sheets of his bed.

"Listen Duo, Relena trusts you the most other than Heero, so I think you need to go and tell her what's going on with Heero. Maybe if she's here with him his condition will improve," Quatre suggested hopefully.

"All right man, but you're goin' to be the one consolin' her when she's here," Duo muttered under his breath. He swiftly ran down the corridor and into Relena's room, not even bothering to knock. It was pitch-black in her bedroom, the only light being cast from the dawning sun as a few of its locks penetrated through the closed drapes of her balcony. She was lying on the bed, her hands and sprawled tresses covering her face from foreign visitor, and Duo gingerly shook her, trying to awaken her from her obviously deep repose.

"Hey Lena, come on babe wake up," Duo whispered. She didn't respond at all to his calls, not even a moan escaping her lips for his benefit. With tender caution Duo turned her so that he could gaze upon her face, but as soon as he looked he wished he hadn't. She didn't seem to be breathing, and her lips were starting to turn from a rosebud pastel into violet tinge. Her body felt cold as newborn icicles, and her vivacious form was now limp and lifeless to the touch.

*Oh my God, what just happened here Lena?* was all Duo could think to himself as he ran down the hall to get Sally.

"Sally!" Duo called as he burst through the cracked door. "It's Lena, somethin's wrong!"

"Duo, look at Heero! I'm sure it can wait a..."

"No! It can't! She won't wake up!"

"What!" everyone in the room barked at him in unison...

 

 

 

AN: I'm sorry that was so short, but I have so many things on my mind. I'm also sorry that sucked like heck too... same excuse as the before reason. You guys, you're all really great, and I mean that, but I really REALLY am depressed right now. I've never felt so down in my life. I guess it's just that my life sucks right now, and I'm surrounded by problems. Please forgive me, but I'll probably only be posting weekly from now on, until I feel better. Like I said, it has nothing to do with you guys, it's just me. God bless you all, and I hope you aren't angry with me. Oh, and all of those people whose fics I'm in the middle of reading, it's going to take me a while to catch up, so don't think I hate your fics or something. Bye.