AN: This part is really exciting... I hope. It also gives you more information about what's going on. I hope you like it, and sorry I took so long with this.

 

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing or the title "Daughter of Eve" which is from C.S. Lewis.

 


"Damn it Duo, what do you mean she won't wake up?" Sally hissed as she wiped the sweat from Heero's forehead with a damp cloth of cool water.

"I mean what I said," he replied exasperated. "I tried to wake her up, because I thought she was sleepin', but when she wouldn't, I looked closer and realized she wasn't breathing! She's cold Sally, really cold, and she looks so... white," his voice trailed off into remembrance of Relena's transparent aura of ghostly pallor.

"Sally, Trowa and I will go get her and bring her in here. I really don't know what's going on here, but something tells me this situation is worse than it appears to be," Quatre told Sally as he and Trowa were running out the bedroom entrance to get Relena.

Sally just didn't understand, they seemed in perfect health before, and there are no physical reasons why he or Relena should be fighting for their very lives right now. Was it just strange coincidence that their bodies are falling prey to the hand of death at the exact same instance, or is the cause of their malady somehow intertwined?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


"Oh Heero, Heero I'm frightened. I can feel it, something terrible is dawning in the horizon. They're coming, they're coming after you, they're going to take you away from me, like they almost did before. But this time what they do, the affect they have between us is everlasting. Once they take you, we can't change it. I won't, I won't let them steal you away. You deserve to come to heaven, to stand at God's feet and soar in the endless abyss of tearful stars with His virtuous choir. There is goodness in you, otherwise you could not have shown me the tenderness and concern that you did. You wouldn't have saved me all those times when I needed you, and you wouldn't have kissed me that night when you saved me from the Libra...

*Flashback*


Relena's sleeping in restless bliss in her chamber aboard the star ship that she was transported to after being taken from Peacemillion. She writhes and wrenches in her nightmares of gruesome content, and tears originating from the sparkling lake of her essence adorn her cheeks in fluid beauty. Constantly her breath catches within her throat, and her body wracks in antagonizing sobs, calling out the name of the one which she held on a pedestal within her angel of sentiment, the one she wishes would have never given his life for the world that returned no compassion to him. As far as she was informed, he was killed while destroying the last debris of Libra, and not one person, other than herself, mourned over his death, over the one who has endured so much pain and harsh relation that his soul was forever concealed within a realm of wickedness... the one who sacrificed his humanity, his salvation and grace for that of all people, both dark and right. No light penetrates the sepulchral atmosphere of her dorm room, only the tenuous strands of glistening hair that the stars of outer space lent to her in their own effort to capture her despair danced across her face, reflecting a beautiful spectrum of rainbow luminescence as it flowed along the waterfall of her shed tears. Her hair spread across her pillow as a tiara, christening her feelings as a hallow emotion and deed, God's own hand adding traces of pure gold to each and every tress. She clutched her sheets for dear life, wishing in her dreams that she was holding the one with untamed strands and mesmerizing eyes, and he shushing her to return to her slumber once again, pulling her closer to his chest. Still, her whimpers and infant cries were the indication of her disappointment in the fact that this vision was fantasy and would never, just once, be a reality. Out of her moth comes a sigh, and she turns to lay on her back, her hand clasped so tightly on the sheets, she getting tangles in the web of softness.

Not daring to disturb her sleep, a lone figure approaches her, his eyes portraying a longing, an emptiness which he wished to escape, and he gazed upon her with awe. She was so beautiful, and she could never be his, even if he would give anything to win her affection. Love was something this boy knew nothing about, except that once a person is caught in its snare, there is no hope of getting out without being destroyed by his own sorrow.

*She will forget me if I don't show her how much she means to me, and I'll lose her... I'll lose her gentle touch and smile,* he thought to himself as he towered over her form concealed within garments and blankets. His mind beckoning him to stop, but his heart, seeming more powerful than his will, pleaded for him to go on, he lowed his face to hers and brushed her lips with his own. They were so warm and luscious, just as he always knew they would be. As he opened his eyes from their intimacy, he saw a pair of gorgeous irises that held the raging tide and majesty of the ocean, staring back at him with both question and adoration.

His eyes widening, he pulled away from her and disappeared into the shadows, she bounding from her recline to ask him about his action, but she was left there, sitting in the darkness, broken and desperate again for the man that held her heart in captivity and refused to let it go...

*End of Flashback*


"Why did you run away from me that night?" Relena asked as her memory repainted the portrait of the events that night to her.

"Relena... I couldn't. I knew that I'd hurt you and..."

"Hurt me? Oh Heero I thought I would die from the pain in my heart when I saw you flee that night. My aura flushed with thoughts of us finally together, but dissipated when I realized that you would never commit to our love," she told him, trying to keep her voice from shaking.

"Princess I..." Heero began before a horrid screech was heard in the distance racing towards them. He instantly turned his head to find the source of the call, and when he did, he clenched his hands and began to tremble... in fear.

Out from the bleak terrain came a multitude of grotesque and deformed creatures, coming to them for one purpose... him. Their skin was rough and scaly, seeming to pierce through the blackness and they approached, and their wings, wings of a dragon with claws protruding from their edges, made a deep thunder reecho through the atmosphere, causing the stable surface which the couple was standing on to quiver and quake, Relena falling to her knees as everything reverberated around them. Their eyes, those orbs that blazoned along their irises a message of appending destruction and demise, scintillated with a shine of villainous rapture, prodded into her being and made her shudder in dismay.

The largest one, that which led the militia of evil, landed before Heero and quirked his so-called "lips" into a smile... an impish grin. As the others followed his example, he let free a horrendous shriek that resounded in the nothingness, a scream that would almost indicate to one a sense of victorious satisfaction. Once they all had settled, he began to speak to the boy, his voice coy and sinister, with a slight rasp as he finished his sentences.

"It is time young one, time for you to join us in your new home," he mocked to Heero viciously. Heero could only stare at him in disbelief, keeping Relena safely out of his reach.

"You're so foolish child," the creature spoke again, "foolish to not take the opportunity which you had been given. That girl was your savior, the one that was to save you from your former hostility, and yet you shunned her away, completely dismissing her divinity. It is true that you may have been able to escape us before, but this time your choice to die now, before you let her into your heart completely, will cause permanent consequences for you. You are to come with us and be scourged by the Prince of Darkness as we are. Forever, for all eternity shall you remain in the most hideous recess of hell as can be provided. Your fear, your greatest fear will come true, and you will never see your love again. The All Powerful One created your souls to meet at death and live in everlasting harmony upon your entrance into the gates of the skies, but you will always remain alone, an eternal desperation being present within you as you watch her cry for you, live in torment for you. You were born alone, and you will now remain alone... and it's all because of you. You've hurt her more than yourself, and we will only add to that agony. Now come!" he cried out.

"No! I won't let you do this. He's not evil, and as long as I'm here you'll never take him from me!" Relena screamed, placing herself in front of Heero, ready to defend him at all costs.

"Listen Lady, we have no business with you, so I suggest that you leave him be and save yourself a lot of extra pain... because you're in for a lot of it," the demon sneered to her in disgust.

"I'm not scared of you, and I won't give up. I know he's righteous and kind, he's just not been given the chance to show it!" Relena spat to him, determination evident in her eyes.

"I don't want to fight," the dragon cackled. "Your goodness, your love is too much for us to bear. Your aura blinds us from truly gazing upon you, and your touch burns us to the core. It would be in our best interest not to quarrel with you, but if the need be, we will defend our possession."

"I don't care! I won't let you do this!" she screamed in tears.

Suddenly, from the back of the Devil's army came a young demon that raced toward her, trying to show his commander his worth and earn some glory from among his regiment. Without even thinking, Relena batted at the beast, and as she made contact with his flesh, the animal wailed in anguish and fell to the ground, acid poring from where his skin was slashed by her hand.

"Tacka!" The mighty leader screeched, looking to Relena with unbalanced anger in his eyes, a premonition of her downfall reflecting in his orbs. "Now, now Daughter of Eve, you will pay for what you've done! Satan, master of all that is dark and drear, give me the power to defeat this angel, this child that rises up against your power. I wish to restrain her soul in your honor, so I ask that you grant me the force needed to do so!"

Without warning, this monster grew to three times his size and his wings unfolded in ominous pride. Colossal spikes sprouted from his back, and claws burst through from the backs of his paws, his fangs that dripped with toxin of instant death protruded from his mouth. His strength increased 100 fold in a matter of moments, and his glare was powerful enough to paralyze even the most holy of saints. His breath hot upon her cheek as he loomed above her, he swiftly reached down and grabbed her in a vice-like clasp and laughed in a ghastly jubilee. Crushing her between his claws, exuding from her spirit her chaste energy, he cackled and roared, "Your touch has no affect on me now. And princess, it's time for you to rest and dream sweet dreams of your lover's fate, from this slumber that I initiate, there is no waking!"

Just as he was about to send her spirit into eternal dormancy, a radiant beam of light rushed through the darkness and struck the reptile into shock, dropping Relena into Heero's arms, who pressed her close to his heart.

"Let them go," a voice called out to the beast...

 

AN: I'm sorry this took so long. I was kind of at a standstill, but I know exactly what I want to happen now. It's going to be great, and no, it's going to turn out or be like my other stories that involve heaven and hell. Thanks everyone, and I hope you enjoyed.