Do You Still Love Me? Part 1 by Tomorrow

 

 

AN: I know it took me awhile to get this out, but I've been really busy with school. I hope you enjoy it, and please tell me if I should continue. Thanks!

 

 

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing... That's pretty obvious.

 

 

It's black as a starless night and nothing can be seen. Out of the darkness a young maiden runs amidst the sepulchral atmosphere, turning her head every few steps to be sure she stays a good distance ahead of whatever is in pursuit. Her sun-kissed tresses make waterfalls about her body, and her breasts heave from the great gasps of air she must take in to keep up her stride. She chokes on every breath, and tears begin to glide down her flushed cheeks. Each tear burns her, causing the tender flesh of her face to become raw and speckled with tiny kisses of blood. She runs at such a fast pace that one can see the strong muscles in her legs that are usually hidden by their sensual curves, and her arms flail everywhere, which, though she doesn't realize it, essentially slows her down. Out of the silence a gruff voice echoes in her ears, "You can't escape me princess. You have no choice anymore, and you know he cannot keep you from my grasp forever. I promise you my lady... I will have you yet. Just wait."

"Huh!" Heero shudders, trying to shake off the reality of the nightmare. He clutches his heart, and his hand begins to shake violently. Tears of sweat begin to fall from his forehead, and he drinks the air around him with a passion. He hadn't noticed it yet, but he was still lying on the coffee table, and from his bosom flowed the quilt which Relena had ever so sweetly covered him with earlier. "Relena!" Heero gasped and quickly threw himself off of the table and onto the floor near her rocking chair. He was on his knees and gingerly took her hand in his own. He began to rub her fingers along his jaw line, and entangled his own fingers in her exquisite locks. It felt like he was running his hands through a lake, for no matter how far down her strands he ran his finger-tips, he never met with a single knot... her hair just seemed to conform around his hand. After a few minutes, he had reached up to her eyes and used his knuckle to trace the sleekness of their shape. He then, gently, as though his lips were the rainbow-blessed wings of a butterfly, kissed her sooty lashes, which sent a harsh sensation through her body. She shivered for a moment, but soon a pleasing smile had taken over her lips. She sighed out of the pure bliss of the moment, and all of her limbs just seemed to relax under his smooth touch.

As quickly as this tenderness in Heero's character came, it vanished among his icy mask. He roughly threw her hand onto her lap and sat back on the table, eliciting a moan from Relena. Sitting there, arms crossed, he realized that no one else was in the room. Just before he was about to call for them, a piece of crumpled white paper caught his eye. It read:

Dear Heero,

Got tired of waiting for you to get your lazy butt up, so we decided to go out to dinner. We'll probably be home around ten or so, but don't count on it... if you know what I mean. I think there's some stuff for a sandwich in the 'frigerator, or, if you were a real gentleman (which you aren't), you could take Lena out for somethin'. Gotta go!
Your best friend,
Duo
P.S. Don't eat the stuff for the sandwich because I'm countin' on havin' that for a snack when we get home.

*Figures, Duo would say something stupid like that,* Heero thought to himself as he tossed the note in the trashcan a few feet away. He wrapped himself in the quilt and was about to resume his nap when the window across the room burst open. A mighty wind bellowed through the chamber and tore the drapes from the window frame with a vengeance. It tousled his hair like the mighty African breeze ruffles a lion's mane, and seemed to rip the care-woven quilt away from his chest. Relena shivered uncontrollably and began to whimper as the severe wind brushed against her bare skin, causing Heero to run over and whisk her into his arms, protecting her from the austere gale.

"It's all right Young Heero, the winds will die down in a moment," came a majestic voice. Heero then whipped his head around and was face-to-face with a winged woman. Her hair a short, curled brown, and her eyes with a chocolate tint and moist from many shed tears. The woman's stature was regal and poised, and she seemed somewhat familiar in his eyes, but could not place her. "Please, come. We must hurry and go back. Something happened terribly wrong, and we must make it right before, before..." she whispered, waters beginning to well up behind her irises again.

"Who are you? What are you talking about? No I will not go with you without you telling me why I must go first."

"Don't you remember me little dear? It is I, Lira. I helped you save your destiny as well as your love's! Please, you must remember!" she screamed in frustration.

"I... I remember nothing."

"Come here child," she said, and locked her eyes with his and held out her hand. He, as though in a trance, stepped up to her and placed his hand in her own. Immediately, all of the images of their endeavor came back to him in a great rush. He saw his and Relena's souls dancing in each other's eyes, and he began to feel the sensation of the moment. He could feel Relena's weight on his shoulder as she rested her feeble frame on him. He remembered the horror he felt when he saw that raven fly from her room, and how much pain he was inflicted with when he saw her crescent moon scar stare back at him. Heero could see the ravenous griffins as they clutched Relena in their claws and carried her away from him in an effort that she should never see him again. Finally, he saw her as she lay sleeping in the musty cage, her only warmth a harsh woolen blanket that barely covered her breasts, abusing her maidenhood.

"Heero... are you with me Heero?" Lira called to him as his face turned pale from the memories. Her words snapped him from his thoughts, and he looked at her with rage as well as surprise. "What do you want now Lira? You already ruined my life once... DO YOU WISH TO RUIN IT AGAIN!!!!!"

"No Heero, no! I never meant to, I tried to help! I just was too naÔve to realize what I had undertaken! I know I've hurt you so, but I now am trying to make it right!"

"You know what Lira, it's one thing to screw up my life, but to bring Relena's life crashing down around her is a whole other thing. That goodness will not sacrifice anything for me! She is so innocent and trusting... if she remembers it will break her! Just leave us Lira! Leave us to live our lives and carry on as we should. I don't ever want to see your face again! Now GET OUT!!!!!!!"

"I know that you are angry with me Great Master Yuy, but you must let me interfere one last time. The situation that I have put you in now is even more severe than the one before, and I don't know what will happen if we don't put an end to this once and for all," she said, a river coursing from her eyes. She held her head in her hands, and had fallen on her knees in forgiveness a little while ago. "I'm sorry..." then Heero's eyes felt heavy and he let the darkness take him.

When he woke up, he was on a cold stone floor with a light blinding his eyes. The strange thing was that the room was completely dark except in the one spot which he lay, and this place was lighted by the moon emitting its light through an open dome in the ceiling.

"What am I doing in this godforsaken place?" Heero asked to Lira standing in the corner.

"Heero," she said choking on her words, "look behind you, but before you do, prepare yourself for what you are about to see."

Taking a deep breath, he slowly turned his body to the site that lay before him. As he gazed upon it, his stomach nearly heaved and he felt as though he was going into shock...

 

 

 

AN: What does Heero see? What happened that everything went so wrong? If you want to know (so if you want me to continue) please tell me in your e-mails. You are all so sweet. Thank you so very much. Bye!!!