Do You Still Love Me? Part 2 by Tomorrow

 

AN: Part 2 of the sequel! This part will clear a lot of things up, I promise. I hope you all like it!

 

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing! Too Bad...

 

 

"Oh my God," Heero gasped, bile beginning to rise in his throat, enabling him to taste the pungency of the liquid. "No... not again... I can't take this again!"

The sight that he beheld at that moment was enough to make one with the coldest of hearts break down and weep in mourning. There lay the beloved princess with her warrior; their hands intertwined in a gesture of the deepest love, and his body covering her own. It was as if he was trying to protect her from the evil that had been around her at one time. Surrounding them was a lake of crimson hue, which was still running its course as he took in the sight. A deep gash streaked the soldier's chest, puss gathering at the wound like foam upon the ocean's waves. His limbs were limp, just dangling over the young woman's delicate frame, and his head lay upon her breasts, acting as a pillow for him to rest his forsaken being. His eyes that were once filled with intensity and passion... eyes that could see only her, were dark and blank. They no longer reflected sparkle of the moonlight like before, for they were now nothing but dry globes that stared lifelessly into the abyss. What's worse is that the princess looked in a more pitiful state than he. Though one hand was entangled with his, the other lay against his back, seeming to calm him even in death. She too had a slash against her heart, but Heero could not see it because the young man was covering her. Her complexion was whiter than the purest of snow, making it impossible to tell where her lips separated from her face. Her eyes, on the contrary, were closed, but patches of crystals traced her lashes and spilled along her pale cheeks. Her long tresses cascaded along their bodies, making a silken blanket in an effort to warm their cold shells. There Heero sat, gawking at himself and Relena as they lay in death together upon the floor.

"What is this... why?" Heero murmured, tears beginning to well up along his lashes.

"Oh Heero, everything went wrong... it just went SO wrong!" Lira screamed in anguish.

"Will you shut-up about that and just tell me what 'went so wrong!'

"Very well. You see, once my sister, Soraura was sealed back into her dark realm, everything was to return to as it was. You would be living, and your future selves would be all right and could resume their lives as well. But something I didn't know happened... a compact was made."

"Compact... what compact?"

"A compact between herself and her master. Before you ask anything more, just let me explain. Soraura was not the enemy we had to face, she was merely a puppet in his plan. Guile was the true hatred behind the scheme."

"Guile... who the hell is Guile!"

"You have indeed seen Guile before... you just haven't known it. Every time you laid eyes on him you shuddered. Concern for Relena penetrated your senses when he passed. You know who he is Heero... you know him!"

"... The raven!!!!!!"

"Yes, that horrid creature is the one we should have feared. He is the one we needed to conceal forever. We made a mistake... I made a mistake."

"But why, why is he so important?"

"Because Young Master, of the truce they created. You must understand that she wanted revenge, but had no idea where or how she could receive enough power to do so. That buzzard, seeing her vulnerability took her under his wing and taught her what he knew of the underworld. The only thing he asked in return was that she make a seal with him that if her downfall should ever come, her powers would be transferred to him. Being so hungry for power and vengeance my sister agreed, and therefore signed our souls into his hands...err, wings."

"So what you're telling me is that he has that power now, and were all doomed!"

"No, not exactly. When you gave your life for Relena, it broke my sister's power... and this was something our feathered friend hadn't counted on. Therefore, he must go down into Hell and retrieve both Future Relena's soul and your abilities. He must feed on them himself, and then and only then will he be presented with his power. So we still have a chance. If we can free her soul and return your gifts before he gets to them, then he will be nothing more than an ordinary bird, and we can take care of him from there. But..."

"But what?"

"To do that, as you might have guessed, we too would have to go into Hell. To tell you the truth, I don't know if we can reemerge once we enter... we may be stuck there for all eternity. Is this a risk you are willing to take?"

Heero then took his eyes from Lira and glanced at his beloved sleeping soundly next to him. She too had been brought back into the dank crypt that she may protect her future. He glossed his hand against her soft cheek and replied, "Yes... I understand what I must do, but she will not go," he stated firmly, cupping Relena's face in his hands.

"My Lord, I cannot send her back, it is not within my power anymore."

"What do you mean it's not within your power? YOU BROUGHT US HERE, NOW TAKE HER BACK!!!!"

"I cannot, I cannot. I used my last remaining occult strength to transport you here. I will not be able to bring you back until the darkness is vanquished from this world! Until then, my power is drained."

"No! I will not allow her to go through this again. You saw how sickly she became before, and now... I might lose her. I couldn't bear that. I don't care where she goes, but she will not travel with us... I will not yield!"

"But you must Sire. She must go, it's important that she goes."

"Why... WHY?"

"I will not tell you, just know that she must come," just then a stirring was heard throughout the chamber. A tiny yawn was made, like the cooing of a dove, and Relena awoke from her slumber.

"What on Earth? Where am I? Heero, what are we doing here?" She asked drowsily.

"Nothing Relena, just go back to sleep and forget about this nightmare," Heero replied abruptly.

"But I don't see how... Lira!" Relena squealed and gave Lira a tender hug. "I'm glad to see you all right my Lady. I hope you will forgive me for bringing you here..."

"Of course Lira, don't fret of it. I'm always happy to visit you, remember that. Heero," Relena sighed as she gazed upon him. She remembered his valiant effort to save her life, something she would always treasure. She remembered overhearing the people in the shelter that she and Heero were engaged in the future. She remembered how sweet and gentle Future Heero was to her, how he held her in his arms protectively. Relena finally knew... Heero did love her. "Oh Heero, I love you so much. Forgive me for not realizing the goodness in you earlier. I now know that whatever you do, it is a good man that does it. Please tell me this is not just a dream. Tell me that you are real and that what I remember is true."

Heero looked behind him. She had not yet seen what was to become of them, and he would be damned if she did. He didn't know what to do, what to say. He thought he had only one choice... as far as his pride was concerned. "Relena... I don't love you."

Relena's face fell as he spoke these words, and she began to tremble. "But, Why..."

"Because Relena, you've always been a thorn in my side since the day I met you! I had to sacrifice for you and protect you.... I'm sick of it Relena! Love? Love is probably the farthest emotion I feel towards you. You will never hold a place in my heart... NEVER!!!"

Relena was so shocked that she could barely breath. She looked tired and worn as if she had just been in a battle. Her eyelids felt heavy, and her body just seemed to weigh too much for her legs to support. "Yes Heero... I understand. I realize that you have never cared an inkling about me, as even a friend, all these years. I'm so sorry that I have hurt you, because I never meant to hurt you. Since the day I first saw you I wanted to love you and keep you from the pain inside your own heart. But I now realize I've only helped it. Someday, my dear Heero, find it in yourself to forgive me." She then turned around and slowly began to walk away. "Heero," she called to him, a few inches from the doorway, "I have loved you since the day you pushed me away on the beach, and I will continue to love you forever more," with a heavy sigh she sprinted out the doorway and into the labyrinth that lay above them.

"Relena...

 

 

AN: Uhoh... Heero is really being mean isn't he? Will he tell her the truth? They have to enter Hell? What will happen to Relena? Tell me what you think in your e-mails! Thank you very much. Bye!!!!