Do You Still Love Me? Part 5 by Tomorrow

 

AN: Sorry this took so long, but I was singing in a Christmas concert at my school, and I have been dead tired. Anyway, thank you for all of your comments, and I thank all of you who have been reading as well. I must warn you that this part deals with Satan and God and things (I'm a VERY religious person if you couldn't tell already), so if that bothers you, you might want to skip this or skim over the parts about that. Okay, you can get to the story now.

 

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing, and I figure no one cares if I put this disclaimer here anymore anyway.

 

 

"How could I? I promised to protect her, and yet I let her fall into the clutches of the epitome of evil itself? How could I possibly be engaged to her, she deserves someone who can be honest with her and keep her safe from all harm. And I know I can't be that person. I'm sorry Relena, but I'm not the man you think I am," Heero whispered into the depths of the chamber, staring into his soul and finding nothing but brutal emptiness... an emptiness that cannot be assuaged by just anyone. Only by the one who in the realms of his sacred heart has found a way to give it wings and find even the slightest bit of happiness in his doldrums character.

"You must go after her Master Yuy, before Guile has his way with her," Lira reprimanded him from the corner of the room.

"Lira! How long have you been here?"

"I have been here before thou hast," she squeaked, tears beginning to outline her face.

"You mean to tell me that you've been here the whole time... even while Relena's chaste virginity was being taken away from her by... HIM!"

"You know I could not intervene. I have no power... I cannot judge him Heero, I cannot judge him!"

"What do you mean you cannot judge him? He has invaded the sacred consecration of her heart... her SOUL, and you say you cannot make a judgement whether it was right or wrong?!"

"On my conscience, I know it is wrong, but I, as you do not, have no authority to judge the motives of another. That is reserved for God Almighty, and Him alone!" Lira gasped, knowing how much her words, though filled with truth, branded his heart with shame. She meekly bowed her head to him and replied, "I have only one thing that I may give you to help you on your quest." The woman then held out her hand, and in her palm appeared a ball of the finest glass that shimmered in the glow of her vast wings. "This sphere is filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. Just wish that it should help you, and it will protect you from all of the evil that may surround you in Hell. But use it with caution, for it may only be used once, and it cannot be used against Guile or Lucifer himself. Though the power of God and all that is divine is greater than any of what is black, in the realms of the fallen angel himself, he indeed has the advantage. Be careful my Lord, and I wish you well. I shall pray for you, and if you believe in love and your hallow faith, then you will surely triumph in the Name of God." She then disappeared from sight in a blinding light of grace.

*Don't worry Relena, I do believe... I do believe.*

 

*Now, as long as I can coerce Master Satan into my demands, my plan can commence,* Guile thought to himself as he halted before the entrance to Hell. As soon as he stopped, he let out a ferocious cry like that of a majestic lion, and the two small bat-winged creatures opened the dilapidated gates of the underworld to him.

Now, at this time in the story I must alleviate the reader from the traditional views of what the Prince of Darkness's realm would look like. Once Guile crossed beyond Purgatory, the temperature changes from the constant temperature of about 70 to -50. A blizzard whirls about his body, and the snowflakes which once possessed unique, beautiful shapes and ornamentations, were turning into jagged edges that continually pierced his skin, causing dark, scarlet blood to stain his cadaverous complexion. Wolves with claws as long as sabers whose eyes glowed with a possessed, lurid blue, stared at him with contempt as they covered themselves in the acid snowfall. Guile paid no heed to the canines, only stopping once to give one of them that was lying across his path a pat on the head. The sky above him was black as pitch, and the light that guided him was being cast from a place he knew not where. In the frozen creeks that encircled him, swam black and white seals with fangs that touched the ground when they perched upon the icy banks, and whales with six long horns that made a crown of swords about their heads. Even so, he took time from his venture to jump in the waters and float alongside these grand creatures, sitting right amidst the tiara of antlers of the calves and being pulled along the waters' floor by the tusks of the dreary seal pups. After his refreshing dip, he continued his endeavor to the throne room of his king. Now is when the visions of what one would truly think Hell looks like come in. Only in the Evil One's chamber does his vitriol melt his cold domain into lapping tongues of fire. Guile fell to his knees as soon as he entered his emperor's lair, and began spouting words of apathy and groveling.

"My Great Lord who created me, I wish to ask your pardon of my past actions."

"Is it you Guile... is it really you?" Lucifer asked in a snake-like tone, causing Guile to shudder in inferiority.

"Yes Sire, it is I. I have come back to your services my liege, I wish to be your slave once more."

"Guile, did you really think you could come back to my dwelling, ask for remorse, and just be accepted back into the fold? Come now, you must be wiser than that. You were my greatest follower, but then you dared to challenge my power, and you know I can't have that Guile. That's why I had to exile you and turn you into one of my weakest creatures, for you could not be trusted any other way. Oh, and furthermore, how dare you ask for my forgiveness! Do I look like the King of Kings to you that will take back any of my children as long as they cry out my name? Do not insult me my son, you are better than that."

"Yes, I understand your anger towards me Sir, but you must realize that I am sincere in my apology. I was once a rogue, but now I am regretful for my past decision and betrayal. No longer do I wish to challenge your greatness, for I know you are all-powerful. Please my Master of Darkness, take me back!"

"Never! Never shall I allow you into my bosom! You have learned nothing from your scourge, nothing at all. Loyalty to you means giving service to no one but yourself in your eyes! Your pact with Soraura may have set you free of my transformation, but it does not excuse you for your mistakes! Now be gone you traitor!!!"

"But I have learned. Why else would I have sent you the Hallow Maiden and Perfection? I wanted to honor you Majesty, and I now ask you to only recognize my deeds in your name!"

"Leave Guile, before I MAKE you leave!!!"

"Fine then Sir. Then I will just have to take the position I was offered in the Heavens."

"The Heavens! What are you talking about?"

"An angel came to me one night and asked me to repent for my sins, and then I could become a messenger for the Father on High. He would indeed forgive me, and I may be holy forever more. But I must say that I told the winged exuberance that my servitude lies with Darkness itself, but if he will not take me back, then I shall join the pure angels."

At this time, Satan was in a predicament. His most powerful servant was going to become an archangel... this he could not allow. He could not let his nemesis have this advantage. As much as he hated to admit it, he had to pardon Guile and restore his powers.

"I see. You have then proved your loyalty, and I shall return your powers. But be warned, if I find that you are betraying me again, instead of just banishing you... I will DESTROY you!!!!"

With a snap of his fingers, Guile felt a tremendous force rushing through his veins. He had never felt so invigorated, and he laughed to himself thinking about how easy his "king" was falling for his trap.

"You are too evil your Majesty. I thank you for coming to your senses, and I shall now prove my allegiance to you further."

"How?"

"I shall bring to you the soul of the High Lord and the virginity of the future High Lady!"

"Oh really? I haven't succeeded, so how in Hades do you plan to?"

"It is too complicated to explain Sire, but I must tell you that to accomplish this goal I will need both the Perfection of Emperor Heero and the undying soul of her Ladyship."

"WHAT???!!!!!!! How dare you ask me for such values! Perfectionism is rightfully mine, and the beauty of the chaste High Lady's soul is my favorite trinket."

Then, from out of the pits of fire rose the sparkling ball of energy and the captive soul of Future Relena. It must be known that her soul could not be held in the Underworld without being constrained somehow. Her exuberance lay praying in a globe made of black hued glass, tears falling from her lashes and cupping her luminous form. Her holiness and indescribable beauty was illuminated with such radiance that only one with an innocent heart could behold it without being scalded by its tender warmth. The angel's long, moon-kissed tresses fell about her body in loose curls, and her gown reflected the blazes of the raging inferno. Diamonds protected her breasts, and her lips were the color of a white rose being kissed by one which was the hue of scarlet blood. Each feather of her gorgeous wings were traced with the tears of the saints, and around her head, crowning her divinity, lay a beautiful halo made of the glistening rays of the life-giving sun. Anyone could see that her soul was in agony. She missed her God... she missed her love.

"Can't you see my king how miserable she is? You know very well that Heero's soul must feel exactly the same way. They are soul mates Sir! God created them that they may live in love forever in His utopian kingdom! Without each other, their spirits will surly wither. This is how I plan to capture him."

"I still don't understand your logic Guile. I know that they share the deepest of loving bonds, but what does that have to do with bringing his angel here?"

"I'm getting to that Majesty. If you enable me to take the High Lady's soul near the Heavens, it will surely lure his soul away from Heaven's protection, and therefore it will just be a matter of encasing him in a similar globe. She is his weakness, she has always been in life, and she shall be the same in death."

The Lord of All Evil pondered this revelation for a moment, not sure if he was willing to entrust Guile with his favorite ornament... Relena's angelic form. But his thirst for conquest made him give into his desires.

"Very well then. You may have her soul and his perfectionist qualities, but you only have three days to fulfill your prophesy, or I will come after you. I want her back, for her untamed beauty intrigues me. Now go! Retrieve her innocence and the High Lord's spirit, and bring them to me! But remember, three days, and..." the Devil held out his hand and a ring of dancing flames encompassed Guile. "Let that be a warning." Then Guile found himself back in the void between Life and Death.

"This should be simple. Now that my powers have been restored, the future High Lord has no chance against me. It should be easy now to consume his abilities and her spirit, but first things first," Guile then made his way towards the room where present Relena was being kept.


Meanwhile, while Guile was away in his trickery, Relena had been plotting on how to "free" herself from his wretched hands. She rummaged the entire chamber, trying to find something with which she could stab herself or what have you, but the only thing in the cell besides herself was the bed. But it was so sturdy, that not a single knob would come off into her hands. Just as she was about to give up her search and just pale herself on one of the bedposts, she leaned against one of the stones in the dismal wall and it fell to the ground-which startled her enough that she should jump into the far corner. Light poured from the opening, and being as slender as she was, she finally managed to wedge herself through the crevice.

Upon arriving in the next room, soot scratched at her ruddy face, and her dress was no longer a marvelous white, but instead it was a shrouded smoke mist. For only a moment she stopped to catch her breath, for what surrounded her in the room caught her fancy. All around her were elixirs, powders, and spells scribbled down on ancient parchments that could perhaps prove useful to her purpose. Immediately she began to sort through the bottles and documents, trying to find one that could possibly free her from her misery of her heart. She wasn't trying to escape this world necessarily because of what Guile was trying to do to her, but more for the reason of a broken heart. At first she could not believe the vision of Heero with that prostitute had to be true, but the more she thought about it... what sort of affection had he ever shown to her? He had told her to her face that she was nothing more than a thorn in his side, so why should she believe that Guile was lying to her, At least Guile thought she was beautiful and worthwhile. He at least seemed to notice her when he was in the room with her. If only she had ever seen the same look of desire in Heero's eyes, even once, as she did in Guile's then perhaps this is not the path she would have taken to escape her woe.

Nothing. She ended up finding nothing that could help her in her release. Finally, she became so frustrated that she just drank a number of the different liquids and would just see what that did to her.

Silently... silently she stood in the midst of the chamber, as stoic as a newly crafted sculpture, but nothing seemed to happen to her. All of this sorcery must have been a hoax. Throwing the glasses to the ground, she ran back into her cell and collapsed on the bed in tears... begging, PRAYING that she should never wake again.

But, before another breath could be taken, her fingers became lax around the sheets, the tenseness in her limbs left her, and her eyes slowly closed in a gesture of a slumber never-ending...

 

 

 

AN: Poor Relena, I guess the elixirs finally took their affect on her. Guile was a Devil's man... how different is that? What exactly did Guile do to betray Satan anyway? If you keep reading I assure you you'll find out about all this. Thank you everyone for reading and e-mailing. Bye!!!!