Do You Still Love Me? Part 6 by Tomorrow

AN: Thank you everyone!!!!!

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing! You all know that.

 

 

"Where am I?" Heero called out as he stood before the iron gates that kept all that is merciless at bay.

"You are looking at the entrance to Hell Heero," Lira's voice rang out through the void. "I transported you here, now you must go and find Future Relena's soul, your future self's abilities, and Relena."

"But... but how can I possibly combat the offspring of evil itself? I don't have any powers... it's a suicide mission. Normally I wouldn't care about risking my life, but if I am consumed by the darkness, then Relena will, will..."

"Oh but you DO have the power my Lord. Haven't you ever read in fairy-tales that goodness always triumphs over evil?"

"Yes, but that's in a perfect, surreal world. In reality, the enemy always is the victor."

"Heero! How can you say that? Once you step beyond these gates that world will shrivel under your feet. The creatures will cringe and cry out in unceasing pain. You will destroy the realm of evil... if you have faith, love, and purity in your heart, then they cannot touch you! Not even Lucifer himself can lay a hand on you!"

"What? How is it that the Devil, the source of all that is degrading, not be able to inflict me?"

"God, Heero. God was powerful enough to exile him to the eternal pits of despair, and Michael was able to vanquish the other fallen angels from Heaven. Do you really think that God cannot protect you from, once, one of His own creations? His power it tenfold what Satan's is, you know that! He and His archangels will lead you aright, but for them do it, you must have faith in your soul as well as Relena's. You must accept God in your heart once and for all. He and Mary, crowned with the twelve brightest stars of the heavens, will be your sword and shield... just don't be afraid to unsheathe them." Lira's voice echoed into the nothingness, then dissipated from all ear.

"I must believe in God, the creator of all that is good, and once the creator of all that became evil. I must believe in my love, for my soul and my faith are connected to the one who has been imprisoned. Oh my Lord and my love, give me strength, give me courage to face that which I have no knowledge of! Deliver me from the emptiness... deliver me from myself." He then began to make his way into the sepulchral world.

He called out to the winged creatures, asking, no TELLING them to open the gates for him. They immediately felt the divinity that was coursing through his veins, and in a desperate attempt, tried to seize him before he could break the barrier down. But their effort was to no avail, for as soon as they began to dive for him, their heads felt as though they were going to burst, and their wings began to melt into charred cinders that scorched the rest of their bodies. Light poured through their eyes, and in a last cry of agony, the beasts disappeared into a cloud of smoke.

Heero stood still for a moment in disbelief. He had done that? Just his presence being filled with religious thoughts and determination caused the animals to turn to dust in front of his very own eyes. Near his foot, a small white rose blossomed from the once sterile soil. Glass dewdrops covered the tips of its petals, and it seemed to glow with a holy essence. He hastily picked the flora and ran through the gates in hardy strides. As soon as he entered, the caustic wind chilled his bones, eliciting a shudder from his normally insensitive body. Still, he made his trek through the snow, but every minute that passed, the wind seemed to calm and the steady streams of powder looked to change into nothing but a trickle. When looking around, he saw all of the deformed animals, once beautiful creatures of God that had been decayed by the Devil's touch. But as he passed, an ear-piercing shriek was heard throughout the land. Bright streaks of light illuminated the once raven-tinted atmosphere, and the beasts wrench in pain all around him. But as they did, he noticed the long claws and the glares of the canines to vanish, and the vale of horns upon the whales crumble. He saw the seals bounding from the water trying to file down their fangs as well as the once razor flakes change back into frozen drops of rain. The whole world around him just seemed to die like a vampire caught in the rays of the dawn, and transmute into the splendor it had once been.


"Now to greet my little darling," Guile cooed as he was about to open her chamber door, but before he did a beast with coarse fur, gnat-bitten wings, and cat-like teeth approached him.

"Roru, it's good to see you again my faithful squire."

"Yes great one, I heard of his Majesty returning your powers, and therefore I knew you were the only one to turn to."

"What do you mean Roru? What's going on?"

"The future High Lord has entered our kingdom!"

"What do you mean... he couldn't possibly..."

"Forgive me for being so abrupt sir, but could you possibly be anymore dense? The protector of time, the angel Lira, she had given him passage."

"How could she..."

"Not only that, but she also gave him the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit in the sacred crystal sphere! He walks among our lands, changing us back into the mortal beings we once were, only with his presence!"

"Only with his soul?"

"Yes sir, it shines with the grace of God and the love for his soul mate, that we evil creatures cannot stand to even come near him!"

"It doesn't matter, our King will take care of him..."

"Sir! You know that the Emperor of All that is Poisoned cannot bear to lay neither hand nor eye upon a faithful human! It will KILL him! In this matter, he has no power, but we, not being with compete hatred in our blood, can somewhat withstand him. You are our last hope, otherwise we are doomed, for if Master Satan goes, then we all do!!!!"

"I can defeat him, but I will need time. Time so that I may consume the spirit and the energy, until then I am no match! How could he become so full of faith and love in such a short time?"

"I know, I know sir, but you must hurry! I will send my pack against him, and hopefully that will bide you enough time do what must be done!"

"Fine then, I shall retrieve the High Lady's spirit and her lover's perfectionism, and then I will come and back you... now go!!!" Guile hollered as he vanished.

"If I can just walk straight through this baron land, then why did Lira give me that sphere?" Heero questioned to himself as he traveled further. As he walked, he noticed the air around him to become thicker, much more dense than before, and he saw the light that he had been creating with his touch just seem to fade away as he walked on.

*Something... something evil is coming, but I don't know what it is!*

Then, ringing out from the distance came a shrill cry of hideous standard. He saw a Curse of ragged clones of Roru coming right for him, each one with drool soaking its coat, for it looked like they hadn't had a decent feed in ages. Their eyes glowed with a wild red light, and their once retracted claws reflected off the beams emitted from their eyes. At first, as soon as they came within two feet of him they dropped to the ground in anguish, their wings curling around their forms and a magnificent light shot from their chests. Slowly, oh ever so slowly they withered until all that was left of the animal was a pile of burnt ash. It continued this way for a while, when all of a sudden, Heero's chest began to compress on him, and he had to clutch his heart to help ease the pain. He fell to his knees, trying with all of his might to regain his footing, but all in vein.

"Yes, YES my servants, Guile must be feeding upon Future Relena's soul, for look how he grits his teeth in pain! As soul mates, they are connected, and therefore her pain is HIS pain! Go! Now is the time to attack! He is too weak and too distracted to fight you back! Kill him!!!!" Roru said as he let out a maniacal laugh.

The squadron lunged for him, this time reaching his body and tearing at his skin. Blood trailed down his chest, and soon they were gnawing on his bones, getting the full satisfaction of his flavor. Then, before Heero was about to fall unconscious, he asked for God's guidance.

A magnitude of sparkles caged the creatures and began to slowly transform them from their gaudy state into the creature God had meant them to be. Their once tattered wings sprouted feathers, they shrank to nothing more than the side of a small stuffed animal, and their eyes that held the ferocious hatred of sin were then filled with nothing more than instinct and curiosity. Away from Heero flew beautiful flocks of doves, robins, blue birds, and peacocks with lovely fan-like tails, each seeming to bid him a simple thank you before finding their way out of the literal hellhole. Even Roru, the leader of the barrage, had changed into a great golden eagle whose feathers shone from the light that was cast by the holy globe.

Instantly, all of the wounds Heero had acquired form the attack were healed, but the sacred oracle was gone as well. At first he stood for a moment in disbelief, but then remembered what his had set out to do, his mission. He had to save Relena, and he had to do it now. He paid no heed to the treachery he had felt the few moments ago, but perhaps things would have gone much better for him if he had.

 

 

AN: Relena's soul has been consumed? But what about present Relena, what will happen when they find out about what she's done to herself? Does Heero really have a chance? I don't know exactly if I want a depressing or a happy ending yet, because the end will be coming within the next few parts. Tell me what you think in your e-mails. Thank you everyone! Bye!!!