Do You Still Love Me? Part 8 by Tomorrow

 

AN: This is the second to last part of this sequel, so this part definitely has a lot of action in it! I personally think this is really cool, but you all may not think so. I have the end all planned out, just a matter of writing it. Please go ahead and read and thank you all who have read and e-mailed!

 

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing, and after this part you'll realize why.

 

"Hey Heero buddy, we're ho... where is that sociopath anyway?" Duo called out as he entered the house. The drapes were curled and twisted in an unappealing manner, and Duo's huge "comfy chair" was lying on the floor.

"Awwww man! I just had that restuffed! You think a guy with his expertise would at least know how to keep a house lookin' presentable!"

"Oh come on Duo, don't get so upset... it's not you. Besides, I think we should just be thankful."

"What do you mean Quatre?" Duo questioned, a dopey grin set across his face.

"What I mean is, that we should just be thankful that they are finally showing their feelings for each other. It was awfully gentleman-like to take her out for dinner I mean. Perhaps her warm heart is finally breaking through."

"Yes Quatre, that may be true, but why aren't they back yet? I must admit that we did stay out much later than specified, but we know that Heero's not the kind of guy that would care to proclaim his emotions out to everyone. He knows that if they were gone when we returned, then we, well more accurately Duo, would never let him live it down," Trowa added in his impassive tone.

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Hey, do you think that perhaps the reason why they're not back yet is because they, let's say, 'lost track of time?" Duo joked, poking his elbow into Quatre's side.

"Shut-up Maxwell!" Wufei scolded. "What they do is none of our business, especially YOURS! You're weak, otherwise you'd be able to wait to find out what is going on around here!"

"Awww, come on Wufei, I was only jokin'. Besides, I know Heero's not the kind of guy who would do that anyway."

"I'm not so sure. I bet Heero could direct a pretty good passion play with that girl if he really wanted to," Trowa chimed in, not being able to resist saying that to Duo and start his imagination going again.

"Well, wherever they are, I hope they get back soon," Quatre yawned.

"Yep, me too. HEY! Oh yeah! There's still the stuff for that sandwich in the fridge... he read my letter."

 

 

 

 

 

"Please my love, he's regaining hold again! You must hurry and... AHHHH!" those eyes of ocean fair then disappeared and Heero was left staring at those endless pits of blackness.

*What did she mean... oh Relena, how could you think that I'd leave you?*

"That wretched bitch, how dare she try to use her angelic influence over me! I may think that she is the goddess Venus herself, but that does not excuse her treason! She is now a part of me, and I will tame her if she leaves me no other alternative!" Guile huffed to himself as he was regaining composure.

As Guile was busy arguing with himself, Heero saw this as a perfect chance to get a good hit on his enemy. Making stealthy, silent gestures, he quickly lunged towards the creature, ready to clasp on and destroy the animal slowly... oh ever so slowly. But before he could latch on, Guile turned his head and knocked Heero back with his paw. Heero hit the ground headfirst and did a few unintentional, radical summersaults, and when he finally ceased tumbling, he lay on the ground: eyes closed and unmoving.

"You stupid boy!" Guile cackled. "I told you that you didn't have a chance, but you just had to push me anyway! Well, now you're paying for it, and don't think I'm finished with you yet, because there's a lot more damage that needs to be done!"

Poor Heero slowly opened his eyes. The force behind that strike was like nothing he had ever felt before. Even when self-destructing in Zero, he had never felt such a massive amount of pain surging throughout his body. His bones still tingled, and it seemed to him that his limbs had become detached and were now strewn about the area in a bloody massacre. Still, somehow Heero found the strength within himself to stand up once again and defend his existence. At first, Guile stared at him in awe, dumbfounded that he should be able to rise from such a powerful blow, but then that surprise turned to anger and he let out a deafening roar which caused some of the ornaments on Satan's door to fall to the ground in pieces.

"You realize little one that if you truly were ready to battle me, then the place where my paw touched your body would have been singed down passed the bone! I knew it! You can never experience true love and faith is nothing more than a myth in your eyes! Since birth you were nothing more than an animal, an animal trained to kill and inflict sorrow on the lives which you touch! And most of all, you have hurt this poor little girl. All she has ever done is loved you, cared for you, and saved you from what you may have become, and this is how you choose to repay her? Not even giving me a challenge! I had expected better from you, and so had she! You're nothing now... NOTHING! You're worse than myself!!!"

The anger within Heero was beginning to rise, and the heat from all of the excitement rose into his cheeks, giving them a ruddy, flushed color. His eyes proclaimed an intensity that could be traced down to the deepest marks of his soul, and the way his body was quivering enlightened one to his growing impatience. Still, if one looked carefully enough, they would see a tinge of something more than just determination in those lakes of Prussian blue. Could it possibly be regret, remorse, or... despair? Even though, he made another desperate attempt at Guile's life. He plummeted towards the disgrace and clasped his hands around the lion's neck before the creature even knew what hit him. Tighter and more forceful the grip became, almost as if Heero was tediously extracting the life from his nemesis's being and doing it with a vengeance that was not to be had. Finally Guile managed to pry the warrior from his throat with his vigorous claws and threw him to the ground brutally--a cracking sound reverberating throughout the silence of the splintering of Heero's bones. Heero grunted in torment as his body hit the pavement and knew that he probably wouldn't be able to get back up after he heard the harmonious fracturing discord. The rugged feline laughed in triumph as he saw the young boy's body fly through the air, twisting in directions not known one's joints could achieve, and slam onto his turf. With pride the mammoth cat approached him, ready to deliver the final blow, Heero just lying there in stillness. As Heero was ready to receive the swipe, a voice came to him.

"How could you give up now? You're so close to defeating that monster, and you choose the easy way out? I don't understand you! I am a part of you, and yet I don't even know you now! You would rather die and leave her soul to rot in his body forever! My prime goal, whether young or older, was to protect her as long as there was still breath in my body! Come on, you feel that urge inside of you, don't you? Don't let his words get to you, and just fight for what you believe in! Didn't I say that to myself once before? When Quatre was trying to destroy that colony, didn't I promise myself that I would always and only fight for what I knew to be righteous and true? You're pathetic... we're pathetic... I'M pathetic! Take this! It's God's last gift to me for this battle. Use it! Use it before he can use you!" then the voice vanished.

"I will... I will... I will save you Relena!!!!" He then held up his gift, the Sword of Memory, and light poured out through the glistening of the blade. Guile was instantly blinded and retreated to the door of the throne room, trying to escape the saber's powerful illumination. All around the chamber flashes of Relena and Heero together decorated the walls, each one showed how much stronger their relationship had become through time. To left of him, Guile could see Heero dispassionately ripping the invitation and wiping away the tear that began to spill from Relena's eye. On the other side he saw Relena guarding Heero from Duo's aim, getting down on her knees and tearing her priceless dress into strips to act as bandages for his wounds. Finally, overhead he saw Heero holding Relena before his final battle with Zechs, asking for her permission to fight and the tears streaming from her face because he would not yield from his decision. More and more moments in time passed about the room, causing the animal to cringe in almost what seemed to be fear. He screamed and wrenched in torture as he felt the hot white light burn through his coat and into his heart... into the very being which he was. Now more than just his shrieks were heard, but that of another... a woman. Her wails were high, but not as though she was in pain, more like gasps of joy... of freedom.

After about ten seconds, the brightness was vanquished, and there lay Guile in the same, Heero-like frame as before his transfiguration. Blood gushed forth from his entire body, cuts scarring his skin. His eyes were blank, and his hair clung in a gaping mass to his sweat and blood-drenched forehead. Wherever he wasn't bleeding, he was scorched black, his skin looking like the outside of a charred marshmallow, and he still held his hands in front of his face in an effort to keep out the light. He looked like nothing of what he had once been, but that didn't mean the fight was over quite yet.

A crude smile spread across the demon's face, and he leapt towards the weak Heero, who was on his knees still trying to recover from the amount of energy that had just been coursing through him and into the sword. But before Guile could lay a finger on him, he was jerked to the ground and being tangled in a breathtaking ribbon of a rainbow. They both looked over to see... Future Relena! She was the source of the colorful rope!

"Hurry Heero, you must deliver the final strike! I am using my powers as an angel to hold him at bay, but YOU must end this once and for all!" she whispered while shaking from her endeavor.

Heero then held the sword firmly in his hands and raised it to the heavens. Instantly a ray of light began to eat away at the darkness and reveal a world of former beauty. Seeming as though going in slow motion, Heero thrust the sword into Guile's heart, who fell to the ground almost limp as he shouted, "If I go down then I'm taking you with me! Spirits of Darkness, I ask that you grant me one last request! The princess that slumbers in dreams of never-ending torment, let her stay in sleep forevermore! An ageless sleep let overcome her, for never do I want her to escape this agony! But unlike Sleeping Beauty, a mere kiss cannot wake her from this repose!" Guile then fell to the ground, dead, and disappeared into the enveloping light...

 

 

AN: Did you like that part or not? I really hope you did! Uh oh, Relena in an endless sleep, yet her prince can't awaken her... ahhhhhh! Not a good situation, but I promise that this WILL have a happy ending. But it may surprise you how it ends up happy. Well, thanks for reading, and tell me what you think. Bye!!!