Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing or any of its characters. I am not writing this to make a profit.

 

Just a few notes:

This little story focuses on Heero and Relena and occurs about four years after Endless Waltz. However, it assumes that the Gundams and other mobile suits were not destroyed at the end of the final OAV and that Relena is still using the name Peacecraft and is the ruler of the Cinq Kingdom. Just to let you know, this is my first fanfic. Please send me any questions, comments or constructive criticisms you may have. Oh yeah, and if you want to use anything out of this story, like the new characters or something, please ask me first. Thanks, and I really hope you enjoy the story.

Into the Storm

By: Silent Moon Sphinx

 

***Prologue***

 

Night. Deep night. And he let it surround him, comfort him. The dark had always been his companion, ever since he could remember, as he slipped through shadows or entered into the vastness of outer space. It was 2:00 am, and the ruggedly handsome young man had finally drifted off to sleep. Ah, sleep. He barely knew the word. He had gotten so little of it in the past few months. Things were happening....to him. Changes that he couldn't quite perceive. He was changing. For the past four years he had been completely alone. He finally had time to think"too much time to think"about everything. And as he began reaching into the depths of his mind, he thought about his life and all that he'd done. Memories would come back to haunt him. Often during the night, his mind would race and he couldn't stop it, as all of the events in his young life flooded back to him: the missions, the wars, the blood. He saw them all, and in the end, decided he had no regrets. They had to be done...it was that simple. The memories of battle had not bothered him so much. He was a wandering soldier after all, and no one can forget such painful times as war. It was however, the memories he was having just recently, the memories of the people, hisfriends? But were they his friends? He had said he never thought of the Gundam pilots that way before. He eased his mind by telling himself that they were just his partners for that war-torn time, fighting for a common cause. This then made him think of what the Gundams were fighting for. What cause could be so precious, so great, so worth protecting? Peace. And that was when he thought of her. He realized when she was in his mind, everything ended and everything began. And so our story begins ....