Title: Surprises

Summary: Relena gets to take half the day off and she decided to visit Heero and her other Preventer friends, but little does she know lots of surprises and danger is waiting for her at the Headquaters.

Pairing: HY/RP

Disclaimer:(writes on whiteboard)I do not own gundam wing...i do not own gundam wing...

 

Disappearance
by Shadowcat

 

The sun was a bright orange ball descending slowly along the horizon and the weather was perfect. Not a cloud in the sky...except for that giant thundercloud hovering above the office. Relena yawned and stretched as she looked at her watch.

"5:43,well that's at least 2 hours until I finish for the day....man...." Relena thought warily, "its going to be a long day."

Just then Luna, her secretary came in through the door, "Ambassador Thomson had just called in to postpone your meeting, Vice Foreign Minister, that means your done for the day," Luna added with a smile, "you're so lucky, see you tomorrow Relena."

"Why don't you take the rest of the day off too, I'll help you file the papers tomorrow."

" Thank you Relena, do you have any plans for the rest of the day?"

"Actually, I think I'll go over to the preventers Office and see Heero ," Relena said as she put on her coat, I'll give him a big surprise when I get there, bye Luna."

As soon as Relena reached the main entrance, rain is already steadily pouring down, wetting everything in sight. Just then a drenched Pagan came hurrying up the stairs. "Please..come this... way Mrs Yuy..."he panted while taking off his coat,"I didn't... know that the... storm had picked... up so soon..so I didn't bring an umberlla."Pagan draped the coat over Relena's head, "wouldn't want you to get wet and catch a cold now would I?"Pagan added as they ran to the familiar pink limo.

As they hurried on to the limo, Pagan seemed to have read Relena's mind and he drove to the Preventers headquarters.

"Pagan, you can take today and tomorrow off and go home and eat a hot chicken soup, "said Relena with a smile as she gave pagan a quick hug.

As Relena walked through the front doors a familiar couple greeted her and warmed her up right away. Sally Po and Wufei Chang was fighting over some thing...something very important.

"For the last time wufei I saw it first so I should get to have it,"

"Be quiet woman I was planning eat it way back when we were in the office."

"How the hell did you know that the last chocolate frosted donut was here from way back there? Anyway since you've been watching this donut for ages then you can watch me do this."Sally said as she swiftly grabbed the donut and ate it in one big gulp.

"KISAMAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!"

All the office doors flew open as everybody tried to get a good look on what caused this big conflict.

"Now now Wuffie, you can have my chocolate donut tomorrow,"said Duo in a teasing tone as he patted Wufeis head.

"Shut up Maxwell, how would you feel if your stupid woman ate the food you were about to have?"

"Everybody back to your appropriate places, "came Lady Une's voice through the speakers,"Mr and Mrs Chang, this is the third time this week, must you guys fight like this every single day or do I have to order a extra chocolate frosted donut everyday?"At her words everybody scattered back to their office leaving a grinning Sally and a very pissed off looking Wufei who kept on muttering 'injustice', 'dishonourable woman using sneaky tricks' and 'now the stupid onna is me wife'

"My my aren't we a cheerful bunch today,"said Relena as she gave Sally and a moaning Wufei a big hug.

"Hi Relena, sorry you had to witness this incident today, Wufei is just to protective of his food that he won't even share a bite."said Sally with a wink

"Listen woman,"yelled Wufei as pushed sally aside, "Don't listen to that stupid onna over their, she ate three of my donuts this week already! "

"Hey buddy, one thing that bugs me is that I have a name and you still call me woman or onna, the name is Sally! S_A_L_L_Y! Got it? Said a very annoyed looking Sally,"Relena, you can decide which one of us is right here."

"Umm....dunno...see ya," said Relena quickly as she excused herself to find Heero. Wufei and Sally might fight all day long but the sure look very happy, even if they don't admit it . Relena thought as she walked down the hallway leading to Heero's office.

Heero Yuy was sitting at his desk, too busy looking through files that he did not see Relena walk in and hid behind him. She covered his eyes with her hands and whispered teasingly in his ears "guess who?"

Heeros body stiffens but relaxes as he recognised the voice. "Well lets see...I know.."He gently grabbed

Both her hands and slowly lifted them off his eyes.He pulled her down for a long passionate kiss.

"Good answer," she breathed against his lips as they parted for air."I got off work early so I decided to pay a visit to my perfect soldier, are you surprised that I came?"Relena said as she sat on Heero's lap.He pulled her close for a tight embrace."How do you always know how to brighten my day?" Heero asked as he once again captured her lips in a deep kiss."well let's just say its magic"Relena answered teasingly as she stood up and straighten Heero's tie."I've asked your secretary if you have anymore meeting, she said that you only have one more with sir Blackthrone. Milliardo told me about him before and apparently hes not easily satisfied, do becareful won't you?"she said as she pulled him down for a quick kiss then parted, ignoring Heero's protests."don't worry I'll be outside , waiting for you.bye"

She gave him one last kiss before heading out to the door. Heero smiled as he looked at the framed pictures of Relena on his desk and thought back to how deeply she touched his heart His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door and a tall ,serious looking man with black mistache came in.

 

 

 

 

Relena walked around the headquarters finally stopping in front of Milliardo and Noin's office. She knocked on the door to find Milliado,busy talking on the vidcom about problems on Mars and Noin reading important documents. She quietly sat down on one of the chairs and started looking through her purse.She found a soft pink envelope addressed to her from Dorothy. The blonde girl has just recently been travelling all over the world, hoping to find the right guy.The letter read.

Dearest Relena

I can't believe that we haven't seen each other for more than 2 years now. I have missed you dearly and I have got great news to tell you. All my hard searching has finally paid off. His name is Karl and we have been dating for more than a year now.Just yesterday he proposed to me.Our wedding is in 8 months. Its taking a long time as we want everything to be perfect. Please come to our wedding. I would like you to be my bridesmaid.The formal invitation would be coming soon. I miss you heaps. Please say hi to the others.

From Dorothy

PS I hope you and Heero well

 

 

Relena felt tears of happiness build up in her eyes.She had missed Dorothy a lot and things weren't the same with out her. She started to wonder who this Karl is.

"Hello Relena," Noin's sweet voice interrupted her from her thoughts."Sorry, didn't see you there."

"It's really quite alright, Noin,"Relena answered quickly, "things are pretty busy in the Preventers Headquarters aren't they?"

"Yeah,"replied a tired looking Milliado from the desk, "Just recently Sir Blackthorne has being asking us to increase his military defence by adding our mobile suits to their organisation. Everybody knows that he is just preparing to attack the Earth Sphere Unified Nations."

"I'm sure Hero can prevent that from happening."Said Relena, "I believe in him."

"So do I, he'll find a way" added Noin. A slight beeping filled the air. "Well back to work,"groaned Noin.

Relena quietly slid out of the office, she really didn't want to disturb them any further. She heard familiar voices up a head in Quatres office.

"Ha ha ha...man Q-man, you should have seen Wufei's face when Sally ate the donut..Hee hee...it was really funny...I should have brought my camera.."

"Well I think we should drop the subject now Duo, Wufei does have a kanata you know..."Quatres voice trailed off.

"C'mon Quatre...if you seen his face you'll see why I should off brought my camera...Wufei's face is usually so serious...ha ha ...what do you think Trowa...you were there."

"No comments"

"I 'll take that as a 'I totally agree with you Duo... you're always right...you're so smart..." Quatre and Trowa exchanged smiles and continued to listen to Duo praise himself.

"well Wufeis face was pretty funny," Relena joked.

"Hi princess, we've missed you," Duo said as he gave her a big hug, :"Hilde wanted to see you, to catch up in gossip."

"thank you Duo, I'll ring her tonight, I'm sorry that I couldn't ring earlier but l was so busy please tell her that I'm very very sorry.

" No need, she forgives you," Duo and Hilde said in unison.

"babe...you can to pick me up thanks." Duo said as he covered Hilde in kisses.

"No Duo, I actually came to talk to the girls...you were just part of the trip...joking" Hilde joked as Duo's jaws dropped.

"Now I should bring my camera to take that picture of your face;" said Wufei as Sally and Relena went up to hug Hilde.

"Hi everyone," Quatre beamed as he and Trowa started pushing extra chairs so the whole gang can sit down.

 

*meanwhile in Heero's office*

"I'm sorry sir Blackthrone , I see no reason to increase your military defences as data prove that you already have about 800 dolls in your command."

"....well I see no reason for my staying if we are not going to agree."Blackthrone muttered furiously.His eyes darted about Heero's desk, determined to see if the data was showing them too much information. His eyes stopped on a framed photo of Relena. Blackthrone thought for a while then grinned. He took out a cigar and lit it while putting it into his mouth. "You should use your suits to guard your treasure then..."Blackthrone grinned while puffing a mouthful of smoke on the Relena's photo the smoke made a temporarily frame around it. Heero gave Blackthrone a long, questioning look.

"One day I'll truly know what you are up to Blackthrone. "

"good...I'll look forward to that day..." Blackthrone stood up and walk towards the door. "by the way Yuy, you better guard her well."

Heero watched as the retreating back walked out of site. He had a feeling something bad was about to happen...something concerning his most precious treasure.

 

 

In Quatre's office*

Crash

"oww...oww..oww..hot." Duo whimpered as Hilde put bandaids on his burning fingers.

"That ought to teach you for running around with a teapot full of tea... at least it didn't get your hair... I'm rather fond of that braid..." Hilde teased.

"a pot full of HOT tea more like it...wait are you saying that you care for my braid more than me..hey Hilde.."

"maybe..."

"I'll get more tea"Relena said as she walked down the corridor to the kitchen. She found a teapot and was looking for the teabags when she sensed someone else in the room. She looked up and saw sir Blackthrone grinning at her."I got a message from Mr Yuy. He will be staying here late and that you should go home and rest...I'll be honoured to give you a ride," "Relena looked down at her feet, she knew this was a trick but she didn't know how to get herself out of it. "I'm sure Mr Winner would be able to take me home, I simply can't trouble you Sir.' she said quickly.

"But I insist Vice Foreign Minister." Relena looked to the corridor she hoped that her friends would some how hear her and come to help her." Sir Blackthrone I think I should be returning back to Mr winner's office now...good day." Relena said as she brushed past Blackthrone to the door. Her mink went black as Blackthrone took out a drugged cloth and Relena lost conscious.

"Relena is taking a long time...maybe something is happened to her...I'll go and check"Hilde said as she hurried out the door.

"Relena is probably too busy with Heero right now..." Duo joked as he watched his girlfriend disappear from sight.

" Duo, where's Relena?" A worried Heero came racing through the door. "Oh jousan...she went to get a pot of tea about 10 minutes ago...She took along time so Hilde went to look for her..." Heero had a sinking feeling , he thought back to what Blackthorn had said.Guard her well...He quickly ran toward the kitchen."Would people just stop doing that, explain to the clueless guy here...

" Duo said as he and the others followed Heero.

"Relena...Relena...are you there.."Hilde called as she hurried down the corridor hoping to find her friend. A slight movement caught Hilde's attention as she saw the back entrance door open and a figure walking out. Rain had taken over the calm night, soaking Hilde and the cloaked figure."who is out there.."Hilde called as the figure turned around.It was Blackthrone.

"I was asked by Mr Yuy to take Mrs Yuy home."

Hilde saw Relena's limp form under the folds of Blackthrones jacket. "If Miss Relena has fainted I think it would be appropriate if she stayed here under the care of Mrs Sally Chang. "

"Mr Yuy insists on me taking her back home."

"But I still think that you should leave Mrs Yuy with us... to save you trouble." "No need...right now you're the only trouble," Blackthrone grinned evilly as he clicked his fingers. Hilde gasped and turned as one of Blackthrone's men knocked her out from behind. As Heero reached the back entrance he saw a car drive off...he had a horrible feeling that Relena was on that car.Duo gasped as he stumbled towards Hilde who was in the middle of a puddle. The poor girl's forehead was bleeding and her body was wet and cold from the rain.

"Hilde...babe....are you alright..." Duo whispered as he quickly examined Hilde and Kissed her cheek. Heero looked around the alley...there was no sign of Relena...he kneeled down on the wet stone floor and banged both his fists against the hard concrete. He knew that she was in danger and it was up to him to save her. He had failed to guard his most precious treasure.

 

 

To Be Continued

Hello... just 2 let u know...i've changed my email its now shadowcat_midnight@hotmail.com Please read and replie...im begging you...i'll go down on my hands and knees...if i get your replies i'll know if i need to write a sequel...please

Still love you Shadowcat