Changes Through Time, Part 10 by Tomorrow

 

AN: Yes, it's the last part of this fic. I don't know if you'll like the ending or not, but I thought it was kind of cool because it let you use your imaginations. If you want me to do a sequel or something, please tell me. Oh, one more thing, I COMPLETELY freaked myself out while writing this part. I don't believe I wrote it. I actually used a cuss word other than dam*. My friends will keel over with a heart attack (I've never cussed in my life, and I can't even repeat these words to them on the phone when I talk about this fic-pathetic). I strongly caution you to make sure your ready to read this. Thanks!

 

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing. I just like using the characters for fun.

 

With a purely maniacal laugh, Soraura slyly stepped back and began to walk briskly to the altar.

"Oh, and one more thing sweeties," said Soraura with an evil smirk, "You, my dear king, I'm sure will find this most interesting," she said, seeming to stare through Future Heero's body.

She then whipped her cloak across the altar, and instead of a barren slate, Future Relena lay deathly still upon the table.

"Why you!!!" Future Heero screamed and raced toward the table. But before he could reach Relena to help her, a force field that was being generated by the pillars stopped him in his tracks. Huge bolts of lightening were called down from the sky and began to race through his body with a sharpness beyond the wildest of imaginations. The strands of lightening seemed to lift him from the earth and keep him suspended in the air until they were finished with their scourging, causing his body to cringe and curl up in desperate attempts of escape. His eyes were shut so tight as to cause tears to outline his lashes and to keep him from screaming out in unmerciful pain. The rest of the pilots and girls could only stand in shock as they watched his face become distorted with expressions of agony and suffering. After what seemed like eternity, the lightening ceased and dropped his scorched frame to the ground out of what was taken to be pity for him. He quickly returned to his feet and tried again, but the lightning came down just as quickly as before and began its punishment all over again. It took him a little longer to get up this time, and he pushed himself back away from the altar.

"How entertaining your Highness, I didn't know you could do comedy. I must say I was quite amused by the whole performance! Bravo! Bravo!" Soraura shouted mockingly. "It must be clear to you all now that you have no chance against me. Not even your fearless leader could come close. Just give up and make it easier on yourselves." She then waited a few moments in sepulchral silence, then screamed, "Time for your demise pathetic urchins!!!!"

From her hands shot a vast glowing beam. It was of a deep blue essence, deeper than a midnight sky, and waves seemed to shoot through it like they were in an ocean. This killing ray had a blinding light that encircled the royal hue, and only looked to add to the magic's power. Everyone was in the path of this evil except for Future Heero, who had fallen down once more near the altar, and they all were frozen. They just stared at it with wide eyes, their minds blank, not seeming to comprehend the doom that was approaching them at a hurling speed.

The bright light of the beam encompassed the chamber and not a thing could be seen. Only sounds could be heard through the embellishing brilliance. A thundering was heard that resembled the voice of a swallowing cyclone as it consumed everything in its path as well as a sickening screeching that cut through the radiance. A few moments more and the torrent of din had completely elapsed. The light began to dissipate and the twelve shock-stricken figures stood in place. But in front of them was a winged woman with short brown hair and puppy-brown eyes. Her wings no longer shimmered in greatness, but lay along the floor like pieces of shattered glass... Lira. She immediately fell to her knees in fatigue and sneered at the witch with a bitterness that surpassed even their own.

"Lira... what are you doing!" cried Soraura in an angry huff. "Why did you save them! You know their destruction is inevitable, and that your strength can't possibly rival mine! You're foolish my dear sister. I was going to let you go because, after all, you are my own flesh and blood! Not anymore! You have tried my patience one too many times and now you will suffer the same fate as they! Tell me why!!!"

"Because Soraura," whispered Lira meekly, "Heero and Relena are my sovereigns. They saved my life, and from then on I pledged my service to them. More than anyone else in the world they deserve to be happy, and I'll be damned if I don't do everything within my power to make that happen... I will gladly give my life for such a dream."

*Flashback*

It was a blustery winter eve when Heero and Relena met up with Lira. She had no wings and her appearance was far from inviting. Her hair was coarse and would have made the perfect breeding ground for rats. She was nothing but skin and bones, and had a horribly gaunt look to her. Cuts and bruises covered her malnourished frame, and her once beautiful eyes had a tired, depreciated air to them. They met her just after their episode in the woods, and when they saw her, Relena instinctively rushed to her aid.

"Are you all right? You look as though you're going to collapse from exhaustion any moment. Do you need some help?"

"No miss. I'm just find, thank you. I do appreciate the concern..."

"Nonsense! I won't let you stay out in the cold one more minute! Heero and I were just heading home anyway, and I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I left you here all alone."

"Miss, you're too kind. I couldn't possibly put you out. It, it's not in my nature. Just go along your way and forget that you had ever saw me."

"Never! I could never do that. You won't be putting us out. I live in a mansion not far from here. There are plenty of spare bedrooms, and I assure you that I can afford to keep you for a little while. Besides, it would be fun to have another girl to talk with for a change. All of my other friends are going to be out of town for a while. It will be nice to have another person I can shat about 'girl' things with," Relena said, giggling in Heero's direction.

"Yes, come with us. If you want, you can do chores around the house if you feel you need to 'earn your keep," Heero said rather insensitively.

"Oh yes, thank you. I guess I will take you up on that offer then."

"Wonderful! Heero, would you please support her on you shoulder?"

Heero gave Relena an annoyed look, but agreed to help the young lady only because he knew Relena wouldn't speak to him if he didn't.

As the readers of this story could have picked up from the first couple of flashbacks, Heero has indeed become a much more "personified" human being than he ever used to be, but he still had a long way to go until he reached his present state of compassion.

With Heero and Relena's help, Lira made it back to the house and was nurse back to health. They gave Lira the biggest room in the estate, complete with its own bathroom and spa, and had special meals made just for her. Her every whim was catered to, and, especially Relena, never made Lira feel like she was going out of her way to help her. She and Relena did have many great times together, talking, shopping, or just walking through the park. Sometimes, Relena, the trusting little thing, would tell Lira all of her hopes and fears of the future.

"Oh Lira, I just don't know sometimes."

"What do you mean Relena?"

"What I mean is that I'm afraid of what the future might hold for us.'

"By 'us,' I'm guessing you mean Heero and yourself?"

"Well, yes," Relena said blushing.

"Oh little one, I don't understand why you would worry about your relationship with him. Believe me child, it's strong and unwavering... it will never falter."

"I do thank you for the confidence, but sometimes I just don't know how others will take to it."

"Why should you care what others think sweetie?"

"Because... I'm the princess of a nation that holds the leadership in pacifism, and he's the commander of a rebel team that takes part in the bloodiest of battles. I'm just afraid my people, and the rest of the people everywhere for that matter, won't understand how much I love him and what a sweet little boy he is underneath that hard expression. They... they may not let me be with him," Relena murmured, tears beginning to trickle down her cheeks.

"Honey, they will understand, I promise you this. As a matter of fact, they will be the ones asking YOU to marry. They will realize your influence and come to respect your decision in him. Besides Relena, I KNOW that he's the one for you. Believe me Relena. You were meant to be together before your births, and you're meant to be together at your deaths.

"How, how could you possibly know that?"

"Child, I have my ways, and that's all you ever need know. Don't give up, and always be ready to embrace your destiny with open arms... and never let it go," Lira said wiping the tears from Relena's eyes.

"Thank you Lira. You know, when we first met, Heero and I were supposed to be taking care of you. But it seems to me that YOU'VE been the one taking care of US... and I'll never forget you for it."

"Little princess, I swear on my life that I will always be ready and willing to serve you and your beau when you finally realize your responsibility. I also assure you that I will give my life for you. You both deserve nothing less for the service that you gave to me. I know that you would do it for any other as well. These are the qualities that build the foundation for a good sovereignty. Remember that my dear."

After Lira whispered these words, she waved her hand across Relena's eyes and she fell asleep at once. Lira then used her enchantment to bring Relena back to the mansion and laid her next to Heero on the down couch in the main room. She put Heero's hand over Relena's, and put Relena's other hand over his heart. It was a special gesture that symbolized the strength of the love between the two individuals. Lira then put a blessing upon their love.

"Dear children. The love which thou hast bestowed upon me this day, if even a mere reflection of the love in thines' hearts, is more than hast been beheld by any other. The heavens rejoice in gladness for the tenderness, which has been truly produced by its beloved creatures, and can only hope others follow in this divine example. Don't ever doubt each other, for if that ever be true, it shall be the downfall of thee both. You are the blossoms of this new generation, and if you are picked by the hands of the wicked, then the world will never know the true love which a man and a woman can and shouldst share. With this blessing, it adds an extra link to the chain, which your mutual feelings have created between your souls. May this chain always grow stronger. Though it is now only made with silken threads, it will soon be welded of glass, then bronze, after that silver, gold, crystal, then finally of the most sturdy of minerals... diamonds. Treasure each other always."

As she mouthed these last words, the wind whistled through the corridors and carried her into the night--beyond the moon, beyond the stars, beyond the clouds.

*End of Flashback*

"I don't care what they did for you, you little rat! They are still my enemies, and I won't show them mercy because of you. Oh don't worry. You'll die with your beloved King and Queen!"

As Soraura finished her sentence she shot another beam straight at Lira. There was no time for her to dodge it, and therefore hit Lira head-on. When the light dimmed, Lira was gone. All that remained of her was a few torn pieces of her dress and one of her tattered wings.

"Lira... no, no NOOOOO!!!!!" Future Heero screamed, running over to where the debris lay. He fell to his knees and just stared at the fragments, wondering how he would tell Relena what happened.

"Stupid fool, I am ashamed to call her 'sister.' She's been asking for what she's got for a long time... I've just been much too forgiving towards her. From this point on, no mercy shall be shown to anyone, least of all you! So if I were you, I run my little butt off and not even stop to look behind me, and pray that I wouldn't have good aim."

"We're not goin' anywhere you hag!" Future Duo called out proudly.

"Do you think you can threaten us with a few cheap tricks," Future Trowa said, trying to back Duo up.

"We're a team, and we don't leave a member to fight a battle alone," Future Quatre said with confidence.

"Only weak women need to rely on magic to get them through a fight instead of their own strength," Wufie added.

"You peons dare to mock me! Weak, WEAK, I'll show you weak!" Soraura quickly fired off another beam, but instead of purely being a beam, it formed itself into a number of hands and grabbed each of the pilots, their future counterparts, and their girls. The hands twirled them in the air for a while, then slammed them into the walls, where some of the soot from the ceiling came pouring down onto them.

"Now to commence with the ceremony! I have waited many long years for this moment, and now, precious little princess," she said to Future Relena who was lying on the altar, "it's my turn." Soraura then raised her hands to the sky and lightning stuck her and coursed through her veins as she chanted these words: "Great spirits of the dark underworld, I offer you this sacrifice in return for my glorious power! She is the young maiden whose soul you would treasure being lost to heaven and condemned to your kingdom. She is indeed the angel that had fallen to Earth to guide the begotten child back into heaven's embrace. I have him here for you as well. The powers he has taken from you I offer in exchange, with her spirit for the force I need to rule this world. With his will and her blood, I shall seal this bargain!"

The sorceress walked over to Future Heero, her raven screeching into his ears and encircling him, and put her finger against the place where his heart dwelt.

"This is what I need your majesty. Don't worry, this won't hurt you... much." She then stuck her hand into his chest and began feeling around inside, trying to gather the energy he held so essential. Her hand went straight through his skin and into his body, causing Future Heero to yell out in agony. He may indeed be the Perfect Soldier, but not even he could withstand the pain she was invoking onto him. His whole body shuttered with affliction, and it seemed that the hand/beam that was pressing him against the wall had to use all its power to restrain him while she did her drudgery. His once emotionless, cool eyes were now wide open and reflecting the trepidation which his being was experiencing. The pain triggered tears to roll down his frayed face, and the screaming he produced caused all of the pilots' hearts to wrench in woe, for never before has Heero Yuy called out in such anguish. His voice was high-pitched and shuddering, able to have called tears to flow forth from anyone who would ever hear such a pitiful cry. After what seemed like forever and a day to the people in the crypt, her hand emerged from his chest, and his wailing instantaneously ceased. In her hand was a ball of sparkling white energy. It looked like a snowball that the sun was gazing on with all its might and seemed utterly intangible. The wicked lady laughed with glee as she hurled the energy toward the altar. Lightning came down from the ominous clouds and struck the pillars, which conducted the lightning's fury around the sphere and gobbled it up like a jackal that hasn't had a successful kill in weeks.

Poor Heero hung there at the wall in a horrid state. His skin was pale with a tallow tint to it, and his body was twitching from the occurrence beforehand. His hair that was once unruly and full of life hung dolefully over his face, and his beautiful Prussian blue eyes faded to a seep gray that hid his pupils. The hand released him from its grip and dissipated into the air. He fell to the ground, still twitching uncontrollably, his heart only keeping a faint beat.

"Great spirits, I affirm your approval to my offer and I am now ready to finish my pact. I feel your immense strength coursing through my body, and I am now ready to accept the rest of it. I have given you his will as a soldier, his emotional barriers, had his cat-like agility. The traits he took away from you at his birth that you wanted so desperately returned to you! And now, I send to you a daughter of heaven that you can keep in your realms for all eternity, showing your ever-living power and influence on this world. Give me the determination I need to carry out your will!"

She took her knife from her cloak and held it up to the moonlight. The glow it emitted before was nothing compared to the fire it fabricated in the background of the lightning's exuberance. The hilt grasped onto her hand with a vice-grip and seemed to lead her toward the young woman's frame upon the table. Future Relena indeed looked magnificent in the midst of the chaos that was going on around her still body as she lay on the alter. Her locks, which glistened in the awful light, shown like a river that flowed with gold and was highlighted with slivers of crystal. A few stray tresses hid part of her majestic face, and slid across her lips. They were a pink that shimmered with the essence of a cloudless sunset, which created a rouge that outlined her flawless cheeks. Her skin complimented these hues with a light peach shade, and each of the curves of her body made her pleasing, like a utopia to the eyes. To add a finishing touch to her immaculate beauty, her lashes were a passionate black that curled in just the right place to accent her features. She had become a mature, noble woman. Both her physique and manner in which she lay reflected that. Soraura cared nothing for beauty, she was only hungry for power. She approached Relena with a jealousy, a vengeance that could not be stifled, and raised the evil scalpel to plunge straight into her heart.

Just as the blade was about to make contact with her flesh, something found its way into the knife's path and was struck instead. Future Heero fell to the ground, lifeless, blood making an endless puddle around his body.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" Sally screamed out of despair.

"Oh My God, Why!!!" Catherine chimed in, struggling to free herself from the hand's grasp.

"Go to hell you evil Bitch!!!!" shouted Trowa and Duo at the same time.

"Meddling soldier! How dare you interrupt my affairs! Take this!" cackled Soraura ravingly. She then kicked his body with all her might, causing blood to come trailing out of his mouth. "That should teach you, you sick lover! Now, to finish this once and for all!!!!" She then drowned the blade in Relena's blood and began to lick it from the knife's edge.
A beautiful essence then emerged from Relena's lifeless body. It sparkled with purity and glowed with a child-like innocence. It had exalted wings made of gleaming dove's feathers that shrouded the spirit's entire being. It wore a long, stainless white dress that was ornamented with the stars of the heavens, complete with a necklace whose pendant was a teardrop from God. Around her head was a circle of dancing light that radiated her holiness to all, and its light streaked the chamber with hope. Of course, it was Relena's soul, her divine presence. As quickly as it appeared, the lightning once again came down and engulfed the exquisite ghost in hate. Everyone shrieked out in disbelief as they saw Relena's radiant spirit be consumed by the underworld.

"Miss Relena!" Dorothy called out.

"Oh Relena!" Hilde cried, not being able to bear the thought of what happened to her friend.

"No, No, Relena!" Present Heero screamed as Future Relena's soul was swallowed.

Then lightning came forth again from the sky and struck Soraura with deathly precision. At first she creamed out in pain, but then began to laugh with anticipation.

"The power! I can feel it coming to me now! Soon there will be no stopping me and the universe will be under the rule of my severe hand! Everyone will bow down and praise me in all of my glory, or they will be punished for their defiance! I AM POWER!!!!!!!" she wailed as the clouds of smoke eclipsed her form. Then, for a moment, all was silent and nothing could be seen. When the lightning ceased and the clouds cleared, in place of Soraura, stood a dragon of about her height, that was blacker than any person's heart. Its forked tongue tasted the air, searching for its first victims, and its wings spread out in an effort to stretch them. From its wings fell sparks and cinders of fire, and its eyes, which were overshadowed by the curved antlers on its head, burned with a heat that could have melted even the coldest of mountains in the Arctic.

"Finally! It is complete! I have all the force I need to take over this puny dimension! Nothing, absolutely nothing can stand in my way! I am queen of all that lives and breathes! I am empress of all that dies! And I am monarch of all that ever has been and ever will be!" The transformed Soraura roared with delight. "Oh, but there is one other thing that I want."

Just then, a cage appeared out of the floor, and inside it was Present Relena, lying unconscious on a rough blanket.

"Relena! Leave her alone! What are you going to do with her?" Present Heero shouted to the lizard.

"That's quite simple little boy. I need her soul as well. You see, I now possess all I need to rule your world. But you must understand that I am very old and will probably die in about a century or so. It would be no fun if I could only reign for such a short period of time. When I give her soul to the Dark Lords, they will grant me immortality, and I will reign indefinitely. So you see, it's inevitable that she should live. Besides, with her alive, I always have the fear that I may be overthrown. And we can't have that, can we?" Soraura cooed mockingly.

With a swish of her tail, Relena was placed on the altar and ready to be sacrificed.

"Oh evil ones, I ask you to grant me one last request. I am sending down to you the younger soul of the Great Maiden. I'm sure she will please you very much. In return, I humbly ask for immortality so that I may rule in darkness forever."

As she was about to slice Relena with the knife, Heero freed himself and jumped on top of Relena, shielding her from the strike. The blade dug into Heero's skin and blood rushed forth onto the table. His body went limp in an instant, and he lay, covering Relena's sleeping form with his own.

Soraura threw him onto the floor and was about to proceed with Relena's death when her had froze in mid-stride, "What... what's happening! Why can't I strike her?"

Suddenly an enormous beam of light came bursting from her body and began to gnaw on her limbs, "No! No!!!! This can't be!!!! Why!!!! Why!!!!"

"Because Soraura, he loved her so much, he was willing to give his life for her. That is the most righteous act of love a person can offer to another, and is more meaningful than any tangible powers that evil can create. Be gone you wicked soul and be sealed back into the realm from which you've come!" shouted Lira in a proud and confident manner. The light that was gushing forth from Soraura's body began to push her down into the ground to the Kingdom of Darkness.

"No, no please, sister! Don't let me go back there! Please have mercy!"

"Mercy has been granted on you too many times already sister. It is now time that you pay for your treachery!"

With that, Soraura shriveled down back to her former state and disappeared far beneath the Earth. The pilots fell to the ground and ran over to their friends, grieving because of their dark fates.

"Don't cry my dears. All will be right again. Go home now and be happy. You may now live your lives in peace... good-bye" Lira whispered as everything began to swirl and go black.


"What?" Relena called out as she woke up in her rocking chair. She was back home, in her present time. "I don't remember falling asleep, I never take naps." She looked around the room and saw all the boys sleeping in crazy positions draped over the chairs, couch, and coffee table. "Oh well, I guess we all could have used that nap, being we've been working so hard lately." She then got up from her chair and covered Heero's body with the quilt she had just finished. He was lying on the table with his arm hanging over the side and his face smashed up against the wood. She removed a few locks of hair away from his eyes and sat back in her chair and fell back asleep.

The quilt she had made was truly the most beautiful quilt created-especially by an amateur's hand. It had each of them sewn on it but with a slight twist... they were all dressed up in clothes from the medieval times. Trowa was a royal jester who had a half-faced clown mask, and he was entertaining Wufei, one of the kingdom peasants who was wearing old worn clothes. Quatre was plated with a miraculous suit of armor that reflected the light brilliantly, while Duo had on the garb of a magician, complete with the gold stars and moons, like Merlin. Relena was sitting on a bench, she was wearing a long silk dress that matched the color of her hair, and her hand being kissed by her noble prince, a hero who would never leave her side... her Heero.

 

 

 

AN: Phew, finally! Well, there's my first fanfic for you. I hope you all liked it, and I just wanted to say that I'm working on another one soon. It's supposed to be a one shot deal, but you know how that goes. Please, tell me what you thought about this part and my story on the whole. I am so happy for all your support, comments, and suggestions. You guys really made me feel great and appreciated. In case you couldn't understand, They don't remember what happened. They don't even remember it as a dream. The whole thing was totally erased from their minds. I hope I'll get the new fic out soon, or should I quit my career while I'm ahead? Please tell me. Thanks to all of you. Bye!!!!