Changes Through Time, Part 3 by Tomorrow

AN: Hi everyone! I'm really sorry that I didn't get this chapter up sooner, but school got in the way... I'm sure most of you know what I mean. Anyway, thanks for all of your great comments and suggestions. I look at all of them and take them into consideration so please, please keep reviewing because I would like to know more about what your insights and opinions are about my fic. You all are great and I appreciate all you've done for me so far.

 

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing and believe me, I wish I did.

 

Changes Through Tim, Part 3


"Oh... oh my goodness," Relena whispered in awe from the sight she beheld. "It, it, it's beautiful."

It truly was beautiful indeed. The air seemed so fresh and the greenery was breath-taking. Pucker pink and scarlet red roses bordered the dirt path of what seemed to be a park. Looking further down, the path split into four directions, and in the center was a grand marble fountain. The main piece was of a woman more beautiful than a goddess, with long hair that flowed passed her ankles. Her eyes were soft, and even though just a carving made from stone, seemed to sparkle with innocence and warmth. The dress she wore was plain and simple yet complimented the young lady perfectly. But the quality that was the most striking was the magnanimous wings she possessed. She looked as though she was an angel descending upon the rainbow mists created from the reflections of the splashing waters. They were constructed to look like the feathers of a dove, and some of them seemed to be floating down onto the trickling waters.

"You know, somethin' about that fountain looks sorta familiar, huh?" Duo remarked walking up to the fountain studying the figure more closely.

"For once I do believe you're onto something Maxwell," came Wufei's sarcastic tone.

"I agree," said Quatre. "There is some vague resemblance to something in that statue, but I can't quite put my finger on it."

"Relena," Heero mumbled, barely audible above a whisper.

"Yes Heero?" Relena questioned wondering why there was such concern in his voice. Then, as she glanced back at the sculpture it dawned on her. That hair, that figure, those eyes, it was, it was...HER! "It's me... I mean she's me... I mean...HOW? I don't understand."

"You're right. Now that I think about it, she does look exactly like you," Trowa stated plainly.

"Hey guys! Look at this!" Duo called trying to pull them over to the fountain's edge. "Look at the inscription under this feather: To our glorious High Lady who saved us with her undying soul. September 7, A.C. 197."

"High Lady... what's happening? Why would they call her... ME, the 'High Lady?' Relena cried with a tinge of panic in her voice.

"It's probably just some girl who looks like you. I wouldn't worry about it too much," said Heero bluntly, but he was lying. He didn't know exactly what, but the soldier in him was telling him something weird was going to happen very soon.

"Umm, guys?" Quatre asked shyly. "Do you notice something odd about what's been going on around here?"

"What do you mean? Nothing's happened... yet," asked Wufei disgusted with Quatre's anxiousness and paranoia.

"That's exactly what I mean... NOTHING is happening!"

It wasn't until a few moments later that they understood exactly what he meant. He was right, nothing was going on. They could see a road through the ivy entangled fence and saw no cars passing by. No noise could be heard except for the rustling of the wind and their own voices. Not a soul could be seen anywhere and no animals were scampering about, not even squirrels or robins. They were completely alone, and their aura was silent.

"Are things really this quiet in the future?" asked Relena rhetorically. "Even in our time, which is only three years behind, there are cars and people hustling and bustling about all over the place. This park should be full of people taking strolls with their sweethearts, walking their dogs, or playing games. What happened here... something's wrong," she choked out, on the verge of tears. "Where are all of the people?"

"Well this whole thing has me totally creeped out as it is. It's hard enough for me to stay quiet for five minutes, let alone be surrounded by it," Duo said, repeatedly punching his knuckle into his right hand out of nervousness.

"Calm down!" Heero said in agitation. "Let's just find someplace to stay for the night and get our bearings. We'll worry about what to do in the morning. Until then, let's just shut-up and not talk about this whole thing or anything related to it. Understand?"

They all merely shook their heads in agreement, not wanting to tick him off anymore than they had. They could all tell everything that was happening was bothering him, and that he wasn't comfortable when he didn't have control of the situation.

Just as they were about to open the gate of the park to leave, a baneful-looking hawk swooped down right above Relena's head. Heero had luckily heard the animal coming and quickly pulled Relena down to the ground before the razor-like claws of the bird locked itself onto her fragile skin.

"Whoa! What's wrong with that buzzard?" Duo shouted, trying to lighten the mood.

Relena was shaken up from the sudden attack and was about to give Heero her thanks, when he forcefully grabbed her arm and started leading her through the gate. As they left, a torrential rain began to wash over them, but the odd thing was that even though it was raining, half of the sky was showing a beautiful sunset that shined with purity and awe. They really didn't pay much heed to this sight, but things may have worked out better for them if they had.

Meanwhile, the hawk that had tried its hand at Relena began to encircle a portentous realm. It was very much designed like the dark, jagged cliffs surrounding it, and would have been invisible if one was not specifically looking for it. After six times circling the musty abode, the hawk flew in with lightning speed through the vacant and colossal halls that reverberated his screech. Upon soaring for what seemed like miles, he came unto a room much more ornate than the others. The twisted pillars were marked with goblins and black dragons on top of them, and at the head of the room was a tall, sturdy throne with a Raven cowering over. Seated upon the throne was a woman concealed in a long, black cloak that eclipsed her features.

"My pet. What do you have to report to me this time..."

 

 

AN: I know it seems to be coming along slowly, but I can promise you that the next chapter will explain what's going on and who that lady is. The action is coming and more romance as well. Remember to e-mail please. Thanks, 'til part four.