Changes Through Time, Part 7 by Tomorrow

 

 

 

AN: Hi everyone! Part 7 is here!!! I wanted to answer a couple of questions that arose after the last part. First, the future pilots and girls cannot recognize the present pilots and Relena because Lira used her powers to make it so. Also, there are present people and future people because Lira sent Relena and the pilots into the future... so of course you're going to have the two sets of people. Finally, this part will explain what the bird was doing at the end of the last part. The answers to the first two questions are in part 2. That's when they met Lira and everything. Thanks!

 

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing! You all know that.

 


"You've done well my little darling," said the evil woman in a coy tone. "How very ingenious of you to remember to look for the High Lady's scar. After all, she had it when her *cringes* lover slashed her with that knife."

There is something that ought to be known by the readers of this story. Though I have made Heero and Relena's relationship out to be the perfect fairy-tale romance, it was not always that way. Many a time there were hardships shared between them, but mostly these happenings worked out to benefit their love in the long run. Of one of these instances I will tell you so you may understand the importance of the amoral mistress's remark.

*Flashback*

It was just after the Eve Wars, and Relena had not seen Heero since he gave her Chocolate Soldier on her sixteenth birthday. She hadn't realized how much his absence had a dreary affect on her life until he was never there. I guess she always assumed that it was, in a way, his duty to protect her, and therefore would always be beside her. When this sweet dream of a young girl's innocent mind came crashing down about her, she finally understood that Heero had never cared for her, nor liked her at any time they had contact with each other. He only defended her because he was commanded by someone with higher authority than he, to do so. When this horrible truth finally found a way to emerge itself from the depths of her heart, the sadness and pain she felt was unbearable. The only person whom she thought really, genuinely cared for her did not. Of course she had her adoptive mother and father... but did they really love her? From what we have seen while observing her and her "parents" before she found her true identity as Princess of the Sanq Kingdom, we must believe that she had a great bond with her parents. Sadly enough, this was only a front, which she and her family wore in the ever-piercing public eye. At their own leisure and privacy, the link between them was only a bond of torture.

Vice Foreign Minister Darlian, her "father", seemed to everyone to be a delegate who was working towards peace for the entire human race through pacifistic methods. This too was only a mere, distorted character he took on when the need be. His true nature and passionate actions were revealed only when the forgotten cries of the distressed infant princess echoed through the corridors of his estate. A man of peace was he... I think not. Sweet Relena was the most polite and well-behaved child that one could ever have met... being the kind soul she is, it came naturally to her of course. To please her father and mother was her only desire, and to make sure others were happy with her feats for them was the only thing that truly gave her contention. Still, her father whipped her with great fury, taking out the great weight he brought about from hiding his true sinfulness, on her petite, infantile flesh. It is quite correct to gather that when at first this beating was forged upon her, she cried as if she was being murdered. Though the minister would probably never have killed her physically, he, the first time he laid the leather to her bare back, devastated her spirit. Never again could she look to him and call him "Daddy", for daddy is a word daughters call their fathers when they think them kind, loving, and generous. Not when they are severe and stringent to all extremes. It is a word of incomprehensible trust that is formed between a father and his precious little girl. Relena, or Rena as she was called then, could not even look into his eyes anymore when he scolded her. Deep down, she knew what her father did to her she did not deserve. But she always had a guilt that seemed to wedge itself into the recesses of her heart that told her she had failed him as a daughter and must make it up to him by taking her punishment with dignity. The more he struck her, the more immune she became to the mortal injury, but the more tender her essence became to the emotional trauma.

Her mother was of no help to the situation. Though she did not abuse the little Lady physically, she tortured the little girl's being even more than her father did. There were many times when Relena-being a clumsy child at the time-would knock over one of her mother's prized vases and Mrs. Darlian would come after her in rage. In one such a case, she grabbed the little Rena by the hair and shoved her into an already over-stocked closet. She kept Rena there until the sun had descended upon the hills that could be seen from the mansion, leaving the young child with an empty tummy for the day and being left in the darkness to let her free, childlike imagination play tricks with her. This, at a point in her life when nourishment is most important, and Mrs. Darlian stilled snubbed her as Rena ran out of the closet and buried her head in her pillows. This childhood--a childhood, which we are thankful we did not experience--was that of Relena Peacecraft.

When her father was assassinated, she did not mourn over the loss of him as her father, she was in deep confusion because everything she was familiar with and had ever known, was taken away from here in countless seconds. She embraced her mother only out of instinct and sorrow for the woman's loss, not because she truly felt anguish for her.

With this said, you may now understand why Relena became so fond of the young boy, the one person, who ever showed her a bit of true attention. In her eyes, it was an indescribable honor that he should think her important enough to permeate her life and take time away from his own trials to find her... even if it was for the sole purpose of slaying her. This hunger for attention soon flourished into something much deeper than just a starvation. It became her reason for living, her cause for loving... he became a part of her. He was the one who made her complete, and he would also be the one to destroy her.

To return to the scene of Relena's depression, as she was telling all of her regrets and hopes to her little stuffed companion, a dark shadow began to hover over her own. Being so lost in emotion, Relena didn't even notice this foreshadow of danger. The bear now looked as though it was crying for her, knowing that some tremendous harm was to come upon her. The dankness of Relena's tears had been soaked up by the bear's curly fur and had accumulated near his rueful eyes, seeming to spread across his face a look of empathy. Relena, as before mentioned, had not even the slightest notion that she was not in the room alone and did not receive the revelation until the glassy eyes of her dear bear reflected a gleam of a metal object behind her. She abruptly turned herself around to face her nemesis when the piercing blade of a knife found its way into the warm flesh near her left breast. Because of the quick movement, the intruder had missed his mark and cursed both himself for missing the young lady's heart and her for moving.

The abrasion to her chest had put her into a state of shock, and she couldn't move from where she sat on the unmercifully cold wooden floor. In terror, she slowly raised a hand to her breast, feeling the warm, life-taking blood seep from the gash and coated her white nightgown with crimson. She could say nothing, only sink into a lying position speechless. The attacker was not finished with her yet though. He lunged back at her and flung her weakening body over his knee. He then began to slowly bend her frame over it in an effort to break her into two. She whimpered as this heartless man did so and was too tired to fight back. Just like with her father, she took the pain with dignity, not willing to scream out and give this villain any satisfaction. At that very moment, the moon appeared from behind the clouds and illuminated the features of the devilish man... Heero. No longer did she care about pride or dignity, she could only think of the betray that the man she cared for possessed. She cried... indeed did she cry. They were harsh, shrill cries that can only be topped by the wails of a stubborn babe.

Just as she could feel the cracking in her bones she murmured six little words, "Why do you make me cry?"

As she whispered these words, Heero instantly froze. Cry? He wasn't making her cry. He was completing his mission. He was doing the right thing. It wasn't his fault that she had to be killed, the guilt was to be placed on the man who made him take the mission. Her blood should not be on his own hands. Still, as the salt from her tears found its way into the unattended cut on his hand, he felt the torture he was putting her through and the great strain he was placing on her fragile limbs. He then cried out in pain, almost dropping her to the floor, and held her close to him. No. No it was not her time to die, not tonight. He very gently coaxed her into his arms and laid her on her bed. By now she was unconscious and tiny drops of blood were dripping from the edges of her purple lips. Heero cleansed and dressed the slash with care and slid her under the covers. Before he left her alone, not sure she would make it through the night, he placed Chocolate Soldier on her pillow and kissed her hand in reverence. As she awoke the next day, she remembered nothing about what had happened the night before and received proper medical attention. The scar on her breast was permanent, just like the scar left on Heero's heart after that night.

 

*End of Flashback*

"That simple scar that imbedded itself into her flesh has more coincidence to it than what anyone would have predicted. Now that we know she's who she seems to be, it will be easy to carry out my destiny. Who would have thought a girl with such importance to this universe would be slain because of a deed done by the very being who can't live without her... rather ironic, don't you think my darling?" remarked the twisted witch to her feathered minion. "Very well. Send the griffins to retrieve her and bring her to me. Make sure the little dear is unharmed and be sure that her love(s) see them take her. That is when the real fun begins...

 

 

 

AN: Ooooohhhhh, I did it again! Know you understand why the bird was examining her the way he was. He was NOT being perverted or anything. He was looking for the certain mark and he found it. Anyway, I hope you guys liked it, and the next part will move the story along a lot more. I just thought it was important for you to understand why the raven's visit to Relena is so important. Please e-mail and I'll see you when part 8 comes out. Bye... Thanks!