Changes Through Time, Part 9 by Tomorrow

 

AN: Hi, bringing part 9 for your entertainment! Before you start I have one thi thing to say: NO ONE IN THIS STORY IS PERVERTED!!!!! I DON'T WRITE THINGS WITH PERVERTED MEANINGS BEHIND THEM. NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL. I THOUGHT THE WAY I WROTE IT WOULD BE MORE SYMBOLIC IF I WROTE IT THE WAY I DID!!!!!! Sorry for the little out burst everyone. I just had to clear that up for her because she has been bugging me at school about that (it's all in fun Cyn, please don't take offense). Okay, you can all start reading now!

 

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing. That's pretty obvious.

 


Beyond the cloud misted mountains, the griffin that had Relena tightly clenched in its deformed talons saw his dismal destination coming into view. He sped up his laggard pace and began to generate strident screams that thundered off the jagged cliffs of the forsaken range, almost as though he was announcing his arrival. The rest of the pack of about seven more just like him followed in close strides, waiting for his signal that they could descend. As he approached, he circled the edifice five times and, with great haste, flew through the structure's towering Gothic window. His seven comrades did just the same and found their way to the dreaded room where the sorceress was sharpening a long-bladed knife. The edges were rusted as of many years and gave the cutter a red, demonic gleam. Its hilt was a deep, passionate purple and was twisted around itself, conforming to the hand of the holder with perfect precision. A glow seemed to be radiating from the metal as she held it up to the condemning moonlight. Tonight though, the florescent orb seemed to have a luster of roguish beauty that blanketed the Earth, sending a wave of sorrow over the entire populous. She cradled the blade very tenderly in her arms and slowly made her way to her winged servants, her faithful raven by her side.

"So my darling slaves, did you bring me the little dear?" she asked in a motherly tone. "I hope you realize that if you have failed me you will share the same fate as all the rest who have been disloyal to me!"

As she finished the sentence, she snapped he fingers and a vision appeared in the air. There were many different beasts in the image, each an animal that was only to be heard of in the most outrageous myths and legends. Wolves with two heads and long fangs were sneering at the woman, while a mighty dragon, with wings spread high, was illuminating the sequence with its vigorous flame. Opposite these creatures were black stallions with ragged wings and fierce silver eyes, which were glaring at the witch as she presented them to the cowering griffins. Each one of the creatures mentioned was not among the living anymore. Every last one was turned into beautifully crafted sculpture and seemed to have the notion of "revenge" streaked across their brows.

"You too may be them if you didn't bring me the little girl! Show her to me!"
The leader reluctantly stepped forward and opened his claws to reveal a young woman who was being showered in her own tears. She was curled up in a little ball and had her head buried in her knees. Using her arms, she was trying to conceal her seared chest, and-it can be safely assumed-was trying to eclipse her entire self from their stares. Her whole body trembled violently as she tried her best to make herself disappear from their sight, and her lips quaked in terror.

"Sweet child, why are you so afraid? I won't do anything to harm you little princess... for now. You're my special guest, and therefore you are to be treated like so. My beastly servants, please show Miss Peacecraft to her 'room.' Make sure that she's comfortable and gets some rest... the poor thing seems shaken up for some reason." Cackled the woman , slightly smiling at her last phrase.

The griffins did as commanded and led Relena into the dark abyss.

"It won't be long now. I just need to wait for he peanut gallery to show up. Then all will be ready and finally, I will be granted my wish." She then made her way to her private chamber, chanting to herself the entire way.

While this was all taking place, the future pilots, their girls, and their present counterparts were on their way to finding Relena.

"So Heero, how do you know she went this way?" asked Future Quatre hesitantly.

"My instincts are leading me this way. Besides, I saw some stray feathers a few miles back, and since no animals have been around here for over a month, I think that's a pretty good indication."

"You're really just going to rely on your senses and hunches instead of on facts?" inquired Triton, not sure he was trusting Future Heero's judgement.

"Haven't I always told you to act your emotions? You praised and agreed with me then. What makes this time any different?" asked Odin, giving Present Trowa a hard look.

"I just..."

"Leave him alone Heer-Odin. We're all just really stressed to our limits right now. For once, you could give us a bit of a break from your cynicism," remarked Quitro.

Odin just glared at him and quickened his pace, hoping to more more distance between himself and the others.

"You know, this abduction has made him more callous than I have ever observed him to be. I can't believe that we are wasting our energy looking for some girl whose claim to peace expired long ago," Shang commented.

"Just be quiet, all of you! I don't want to hear anymore about this until we get to where we're going! Shut up, just SHUT UP!!!" screamed Future Heero, frustration rising in his voice.

Everyone immediately became silent and that was how they continued the rest of the journey.

Though it took them only a few more hours to reach the dark palace, it seemed like it took them ages. The lakes they had to cross were only half-frozen, and therefore making the fording of them extremely difficult. The boys carried the women on their shoulders and they slipped and swam their way across along branches and imbedded stones. The hills they had to climb were deathly steep, and the sturdy mounds of earth had transformed themselves into slides of mud that were eager to take on the challenger. This obstacle, oddly enough, was easily conquered by the women who had to use every bit of their strength to hoist the men up. Only the two Heeros made it to the tops with complete ease as far as the males were concerned. Still, they finally gazed upon their excursion's end, chills being sent through their bodies as they beheld the massive construction. A furious cloud seemed to loom over them as they made their way toward the entrance, but other than this suspicion, their was no adversary to face. They entered the building without being made to fight once, and found their ways through the halls without being stopped by a single guard. It just seemed too easy. There was no way that this place would be left unprotected. It looked as if it was a main tactical base of some sort, and should therefore have soldiers crawling all over the place. Everyone kept on guard, just waiting for something to leap out at them. But nothing ever did.

They finally reached the sullen crypt of the dusky labyrinth. It totally bare, other than the musty spider webs hanging in the rafters from neglecting to tidy-up once in a blue moon. A bright light illuminated the room with an eerie brilliance, which was being endowed by the new moon. It is strange though that a NEW moon would brighten the cellar, for it is, and is also a symbol of utter darkness. The edges of this black pearl were what supplied the splendor. It was as if there was still some hope present in the dire situation, and the slim embroidery of the moon was the only amount of it left. A fiendish shadow was being bathed in the glow, showing off its entire, rugged outline in explicit detail. The figure was standing over a long stone table that resembled something of an altar. It was surrounded by four stone pillars, each coming to a crisp point at its peak. Withering ivory intertwined itself with these towering monuments, and the chipping of the stone was an edify of their ancientness.

The shadow slowly turned to greet its new guests. It stepped away from the table and a candle suddenly appeared, showing its hand as it grasped the object. When it was about two feet away from them it stopped. It idly raised the flame to where its face would be, and tediously began to take off the hood that covered its head. Red hair gushed forth like a stream of molten lava, and a ghostly face met theirs. The four girls jumped back, squeaking and quaking with terror, and the pilots shuddered as they beheld the eyes of the demon. Her eyes were white with blue vains coursing through them. There were no pupils in these irises, for it seemed like her eyes had rolled back into her head and left nothing but the shell remaining. To add to this grotesque phenomenon, there was no water that reflected the flame of the wick. The fluid that normally glistens in an individual's eyes and creates a beautiful wreath around his or her lids, was not present; this witch's eyes were dry and looked coarse as her mane of fire.

"Soraura..." whispered Future Heero as he laid witness to the depraved lady of darkness.

"Well my dear soldier, I see you know me. Oh I'm sorry. Should I be calling you 'Sire' instead? Please, forgive me for my informal address," pouted the woman in sarcasm.

"Where's Relena!" Odin chimed in as the sorceress finished her mockery.

"Relena?" questioned Future Heero. "Why would you inquire about my Relena? You should be worried about Serena, your own treasure. Unless that girl you have been with is not any 'Serena' at all! All right Odin... no, all of you! Fess-up and tell me who that girl was.

Before anyone could answer, Soraura came in with a rebuttle, "There's no use lying anymore little ones. You might as well just lay everything flat out on the table and stop deceiving each other. Odin, why don't you tell him who the little lady was... or should I say HEERO! Future Heero shot his head toward Present Heero who had a look of horror across his face. "Oh don't worry little Heero, the universe isn't going to collapse because they know. My sister is just much to naÔve to realize this. It would have just been easier to tell them who you were right from the start. Then maybe you would have had a chance, but now it's too late for all that. I will finally be able to capture the dream I have been waiting for to become a reality for centuries."

"What are you talking about lady?" Present Duo gasped in disbelief.

"She's Soraura, an enchantress who's had her sights set on our world for ages," Future Heero stated blandly.

"Ah, I guess that old man did tell you something useful. Sorry about that majesty, but he was only a threat to my domination."

"What's going on, Heero, how do you know what she's talking about?" Future Quatre gasped in anguish.

"He told you, the old man knew! I was engaged to one of his ancestors, but I found him having an affair with another women. You see, he loved the Earth and space, so therefore, after I killed the hussy, I vowed to take revenge on him for toying with my feelings by killing what he loved the most... his world and all of the people in it! I let him live with the guilt of the knowledge of my revenge, and he told this story to his descendents who told it to theirs and so on. I may have had the power to slay groups of people, but the kind of power I needed to destroy the universe was unattainable to me. I had almost given up hope when I read a legend it one of my old books of sorcery. It said that a young maiden and a relentless boy would keep in their hearts the keys to the universe. I'd need them both to acquire the strength, and I had to wait over two hundred long years until the little darlings were finally born.

The book said that the maiden would be the vision of true beauty and purity. Her heart would never be tainted by the hand of wickedness, and she would have the power to mesmerize nations with her words. The lad, just the opposite, would be rugged and cruel, having almost no remorse in his soul. He would seem like a living incarnation of the devil himself, for his abilities and feats would surpass that of any other human known to live. But one thing this legend made clear was the melting of the boy's heart. It said that the girl would day by day thaw the ice that had encircled itself around it. She would persistently follow him and each time he gazed upon her, his heart would beat again. This would continue until he realized his love for her, then they would live happily ever after and all that gibberish. Just thinking about it makes me completely nauseous. A perfect fairy-tale romance... not if I can help it. You see, once they die, another opportunity won't arise like this until past my lifetime. I must get this over with now! I can only guess the coot told you this because he had a hunch that you were indeed that boy. Well he was right wasn't he? Let the ceremony begin...

 

 

AN: What's going to happen? How's this lady planning on getting the "things from Heero and Relena... WHICH Heero and Relena? By the way, WHERE IS FUTURE RELENA!!!!!!!!!!!!???????? You'll all find out in the next part, so watch for it! Thanks, bye!