A Far Away Union, Part 3 by Tomorrow

AN: Do you guys not like this story or something? I have an announcement at the end if this part, so please read the AN. I thank all of you who have read and reviewed, because your input really makes me feel better. Okay, I really have nothing more to say except, Axisor, I made LONG paragraphs again. I did it to spite you (not really)... but not to spite you Kristine. I'm sorry, long and detailed is just my style, so it's a very hard thing to change. I'll work on the paragraph length, okay? Go ahead and read now.

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing... I can't believe I forgot to put this up earlier.

 

 

*Oh my God,*... "What's wrong with me?" Heero questioned out loud as he began to awaken. Right from the start, he knew something was out of place with himself, and he was going to find out what it was no matter how much inconvenience it lead him to experience. His head pounded, and for some odd reason, it itched him profusely as well. At first he merely tried to scratch it with his nails, but he couldn't because his arm seemed so heavy that it was necessary to use all of his will to lift it; therefore only hitting himself in the head because of the ill amount of control he had over its movements and causing a great deal of pain. Finally, after a while, the whole ordeal got so unbearable that he went over to a nearby tree and began to rub his head against it in vibrant strokes. Then, when he realized although he had his head rested directly on the tree's trunk, his forehead wasn't what was making contact with the bark nor was it the thing that really bothered him; his eyes widened and he searched for something that he may see his reflection. There, there was the lake not two feet away from him, but when he went to run over to it... he couldn't stand up, for his upper body was just too unwieldy to lift facilely. After an exhausting amount of effort, he hoisted himself to his feet, but after only a few seconds could barely manage his balance, and therefore tumbled on his side back onto the ground.

*Fine,* he thought to himself, *I'll just crawl over then.* So he made hardy strides toward the pond, cursing his weakness not being able to keep himself on his own two feet. But, when he looked into its waters, there he was. His hair as displaced as ever, his eyes showing no passion or any other sentiment for that matter, and his now fully toned chest peeking out of his cape... cape?! He hadn't worn a cloak when they set out today, and yet draped over his shoulders were yards of billowing, black fabric, fastened to him with a priceless silver chain. Furthermore, making the situation even worse, he wasn't wearing ANYTHING underneath the garment either.

*Okay...* he thought calmly, *WHO STOLE MY CLOTHES?!?!?!* Of course he wrapped himself in it more carefully, and he looked around for the dead man... or woman that dared to drug him, undress him, and cloth him without his permission (well, cloth him to a certain extent)! Nobody, nobody was there. The forest was serene and quiet... too quiet, and so by now he had sealed away his confusion and distill under his cool mask of dispassion, and kept his senses immune to the slightest disturbances.

*Wait a minute... if they did THIS to me, then what could this person have done to...* "Relena!" he cried out as he raced to find her. *If they dare touch her in any way, I'll make sure they NEVER see the dawn again!* As he ran faster than he ever knew he could, his hands and feet feeling deviant and altered because he still hadn't found a way to stand upright again, he passed by the stream that had run through these woods since before any of the colonies had been constructed. Again he took time to gaze into its depths, trying to make sense of this whole thing, and when he did, he let his glare slip with a look of pure terror replacing it.

"No, NO! Oh my God NO!!!" Without any warning he ran up to the nearby trees and began to bash his head into their trunks with full force. He scraped his whole body against them, allowing the jagged wood to cut into his flesh leaving blood to make its own beautiful patterns down his already deformed back. His hands and feet he dragged along the ground, looking like he was trying to get them to slump off, and he then plunged to the ground, rolling in the leaves trying to escape his new and twisted shape. After about five minutes of utter panic, he ceased with his struggling and looked up to the sky. It was so dark, so ominous, so gloomy. The clouds were beginning to thicken, making pompous faces of ancient wizards and demons of trickery at him, taunting him because he fell for this cruel illusion of fate. But as he gazed back upon his form, he remembered why he had run from the pond in the first place. "Relena! Please don't tell me THIS happened to her as well!" So again he bolted to his feet and resumed his search, hopefully not being too late to help her from suffering this unjust end.

He ran and trotted for what seemed like years, and when he had almost given up hope, he heard a faint squeal in the distance. He knew it! He knew that had to be her screech that he was hearing. No other person he knew could scream in such a way that it made his heart skip a beat so suddenly. Taking one last gasp of air, he headed toward her ales, using his keen sense of sound. Wow, he wasn't ever in danger of going deaf before, but the way he could pick up the entire insignificant din all around him startled him in a way. He just wasn't use to such precise instincts as these. Finally after a harsh sprint, there she was, trying desperately to climb up the cliff's edge in an attempt to escape from the clutches of the gigantic grizzly that was in pursuit. Without even so much as a second thought he ran and dived into the bear's muscular abdomen, the beast roaring out in pain from the convulsions he was receiving due to the loss of blood from his puncture. But that didn't stop the pillar of strength, oh no. As quickly as Heero struck, the grand monster retaliated and threw him down to the rocks with his Herculean paw, yelling at his pinned prey in mockery... in triumph. Still, Heero wouldn't give up the fight. With all of his might he swung his head, arms, and legs frantically into the bear's fur, trying to do anything that would weaken his predator, but the towering monster's face showed no hints of pain... just as Heero's usually didn't. The mammoth creature then began to press poor Heero's battered body into the ground, making sure his grasp on him was good and tight that he may deliver the final blow, when a sharp pain surged through the antagonistic animal's back. Falling backwards, the bear scraped his back along the rubble, trying his best to remove the stubborn Relena off of his shoulder blades, when Heero again chimed in and speared the grizzly strait in the face. Of course the bear whimpered in defeat and hurried away before Heero could inflict him with anymore shots of agony, but leaving a badly hurt Relena hardly moving on the gravel.

"Oh Heero, what happened to you? Are you all right?" Relena asked him, yet instead of verbally saying the words, out of her mouth can nothing more than waffles and whinnies.

"Relena... it looks like I was too late. I knew that it was you who approached me in the meadow back there, but I couldn't bring myself to believe it. I don't understand how something like this could have happened," he replied, his response being spoken in the same language as she.

With a bit of a limp, Heero knelt down to her and nudged her to her feet, supporting her as they walked away. As they made their trek through the bracken, Relena asked him, "Heero, who would do this to us? Who could have possibly changed us into this, and the most dreadful part of it all, changed us into something that doesn't even exist? How could we have possibly transformed from being mortal humans into the fantasy dream of the mythical unicorn?

 

 

AN: Oh my gosh... they're unicorns?!?!?! That's weird. Well, now you know why their heads kept aching and why they could only stand on all fours. I know, I know, this is really strange, but I guarantee reading this all the way through will be well worth it. You'll see what I've done and what's going on in my little mind soon, so stick with it and be patient. Thank you!