A Far Away Union, Part 4 by Tomorrow

AN: Thank you everyone who has read and e-mailed. This part kind of foreshadows the next part in a couple of ways. Well, you can go ahead and read now.

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing... now who out there thought I did?

 

 

"I really don't know what happened Relena, but I'll find out," Heero said, his voice tinged with annoyance. Being unicorns, their choices were limited. They couldn't go back to her estate, because they would never be able to convince the servants of their true identities, but could they really stay out in the wilderness as unicorns for the rest of their lives, hoping someday the spell would wear off? So, they needed to find someplace to stay... and fast. As before mentioned, the sky was already threatening rain, and by the current looks of it, a chorus spectacular of thunder and lightning was to accompany this appending shower. Even genuine animals sought shelter during a storm, and they're animals now... aren't they?

When they first started trotting, Heero had supported Relena on his now prominent shoulder, for the bear had landed on her front left leg when he fell from Heero's final attack, but as the time passed, Heero became his cold self again, not wanting to be bothered with any sort of weakness and threw her off his back and onto the ground. His intense blue eyes stared down at her, warning her to get up so they could continue their quest and find a antidote for this curse. But the poor thing, her muscles ached so badly and her body so battered, that she just returned his glare with her own meek, pleading gaze, asking him silently for his sympathy. His eyes narrowed to her and he let out a snort to inform her of his trying patience. Still, she made no attempt to hoist herself from the now damp ground, for the rain was beginning to fall.

It was a beautiful sight indeed, that if one would have seen it personally, he would have thought he was taken from his own world and put into that of a land in a story book. There was a breath-taking contrast of black and white, combined with the merged hues of the trees and flora, making the scene a perfect picture which no artist could render doing it justice. For there one could see the dominance of the male unicorn of a lost Blessing, frowning upon his mate as her scuttle composer implored him. His coat was sable as the aura that surrounds a child of wicked descent, his mane just as dark but laying in a more brusque fashion. His tail fell not even half way down his hind legs, but this distortion of physique was overwhelmed by the great tone which his body possessed. The sturdy muscles made pleasing curves in his legs, his entire frame being rough and lean, and his powerful chest still evident even in this unmanly state. The horse's spiral shooting strait heavenward was encrusted in sterling silver that neither scratched nor dented, and came to an abrupt point that could sear a diamond. But those eyes which this creature claimed were the same glazed, unmoving orbs as this boy acquired as a son of man. There was no mistake about that, those eyes were the same ones that could capture a heart, start a war, and free a soul with just one glance... this quality, whether the owner be human or beast, will forever be the same.

But, let us not forget about the young female as well. Her body was petite compared to his own, not showing nearly all the muscle bulk as his. More or less, her stature was slender and sleek as a swan, each one of her gestures being graceful and fluent, reflecting her true ladyship. Her mane was neatly trimmed with little curls forming along the strands; about her bangs and along her neck were budding rouge roses that created for her a vale and necklace of brilliant decoration. To make the picture complete, a small bow intertwined with the little pink roses was fastened around her tail, which accented her pale coat color. Halo white as that which encircles the moon was the shade of her coat, little sparkles seeming to speckle this already shining hair as she angles herself directly towards the sun. The single horn that christened her brow, looking like a princess's indiscrete tiara, was showered in crystal that held within it tints of gold, acting as a perfect compliment to her fellow unicorn's antler. This animal's eyes beamed with warmth and virtue, casting about her character a glow of profound goodness and sweet disposition-much different than that of her beau. Complete opposites they were, and yet somehow, to the bystander, their expressions and appearance were utterly harmonious.

So Heero beheld Relena in all of her magnificence, willing her to return to her stance and obey his unspoken command, but she showed no sign of compromise. This angered him beyond a doubt, and he therefore began to stomp his hoof in the dirt impatiently, almost pacing back and forth. After about five minutes of this game, he snarled at her, in his own words telling her to, "Get up!" Still, no response came from her, so he whinnied again, this time much more sternly than the last, and she did try to rise, but quickly fell back to the ground. Finally, having enough of this, Heero put his lips right to her ears and neighed "GET UP!" slightly supporting her that she could get her proper footing. He looked at her in disgust and disappointment, galloping far ahead of her that it would not be necessary to lay his eyes on her anymore. Poor Relena merely waffled in shame, and slowly, and I might add VERY slowly, trotted that she may somehow catch up to him, but she never did, until night fell and torrential rains poured unto them. Only then did he stop to rest under the protection of the pine trees, and he turned his head away from her that she couldn't see his face. Relena walked up to him in an attempt to rest beside him, but before she could even get close, he laid his ears back and snorted again at her in aggression. With a startled look in her eyes, she backed away, laying herself down on the ridge's edge, getting soaked by the Tears which God has shed for His children.

Only a few minutes after they had lain down, a bellow of thunder and streak of lightening grazed the sky in all their fury, scaring Relena to death. She pounced onto her feet and backed into the small crevice between the splitting trunk of a dead tree and the large boulder nearby. Hiding her head between her hooves, she whimpered and shivered out of cold or fright it is not certain, tears beginning to well up in her eyes. If there was one thing which Relena Peacecraft was afraid of, it was thunderstorms. The wind hit against her body with greater strength now, causing almost a sheet of ice to encase her frigid limbs. Meanwhile, Heero was dry under the trees, not the least bit disturbed by the raging storm around them.

Just as Relena has settled herself down and was dozing off again, an even greater crack pierced the sky, and she squealed a whinny of glass-shattering pitch. Now this sound woke Heero up, and he looked at her frightened self, pacing back and forth in an effort to ease her nerves, and he couldn't help but let his eyes soften. Her halting steps and pouting face made her petrified manner so cute in his eyes, and so he couldn't help himself but let out a soft waffle to her. Relena immediately turned to him, her eyes searching for his mockery, but all she found was an inviting glow that beckoned her to come lie with him. She hesitated at first, remembering what he had done to her before, barely making contact with the ground when she bolted up away from him again. He made a sound somewhat like a chuckle, and rubbed his hoof against the soil in a gesture meaning, "Come here. You may lie next to me tonight and keep yourself warm." She slowly lowered herself to the ground, resting her head on his back, and they fell into a peaceful slumber for the rest of the night.

But, what they didn't notice was a pair of gruesome eyes that had been watching them through this entire ordeal. The creature's eyebrows furrowed, cackling to himself thinking about what he had in store for her tomorrow...

 

 

AN: Oooohhh, what is that in the bushes? Is it a person, or another animal? What in the heck is he going to do with Relena, and wasn't Heero mean for leaving her out in the storm? Please tell me what you think in your e-mails, because the next part is going to be really exciting, because there's a fight. Thank you all, bye!