A Far Away Union, Part 5 by Tomorrow

AN: Know that from know on when I say "they said" or whatever, of course they're neighing and whinnying, but you guys have to know what they're saying too, so I had to act like they were verbally saying it. Anyway, you find out what that thing in the bushes was, and you also meet a new and important character in this series. Thank you everyone, and please read and e-mail... or I might cry... I'm serious.

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing. You all know that.

 

The rains had ceased during the wee hours of the morn and left for a dawn of extravagant glory, while the sun's fragile rays blessed the landscape with their godly beauty, causing the animals' internal clocks to reawaken once again for a new day. Glass dewdrops, blended with the rain, furnished every vegetation, the birds of the treetops ruffling their feathers that the dampness may be dissipated from their wings and they can again take flight. As the mare of milky hues opened her eyes, she was greeted by the scurrying of mother foxes on the hunt for a squirrel or what have you that she may bring breakfast to her cubs, or perhaps by the cherry blossoms that entangled in her mane as they fluttered by in the wind; either way, both were a pleasing sight to awaken to. But, her lust for the passions of nature around her was soon replaced by a feeling of wary content. For, although she had been sleeping in the small of Heero's back last night, she found herself all alone now, not a trace of his ever lying with her. She rose to her feet instantly, neighing out to him to return if he was near, but he did not come. So, soon after, she decided to look for him, fearing the possibilities of what could have become of him; another bear could have had him for a midnight snack, she knew there were many wolves out here-she had heard them howling in choral unison last night-they could have found his muscular and sinew appearance to be appetizing, or he could have fallen down one of the ridges. Realizing all of this worry wouldn't help get her Heero back, she galloped in the direction which her heart led her-for some strange reason, her horn began to sparkle wildly in the midst of the brush, throbbing in the direction to which she decided to go. If she didn't know better, she would have thought that she could FEEL his presence through the powers of her spiral. Therefore, onward she went, looking every which-way for the only one who could empathize with her fate.

Heero had left Relena's side some time early that morning, before the sun had completely risen. He was basically looking over their surroundings and trying to find a brook or stream which they could return to when in need of drink. The black stallion had covered quite an area, when he heard a rustling in the bracken nearby. He got in his stance, ready to charge the begotten creature that dared to challenge him, and when the figure appeared, it was nothing more than a little girl.

Heero gawked at her in awe, chuckling at himself for getting so unnerved and losing his cool so easily. The tiny child approached him with confidence, holding her hand out to him, trying to coax him to partake of the sugar cubes which she had brought for him to feed on. She was a beautiful little girl, more beautiful than one could ever imagine a child not much older than an infant could be. Her locks were a luscious, puppy-brown shade whose silky touch against Heero's coat from the wind made him instantly feel at ease; it fell down to her mid-back, slightly curling in at the ends. Her eyes were a deep blue that reflected the translucent waves of the sea, so therefore a little green being mixed in the already hypnotizing color. They held a sparkle to them all their own, that seemed to change from innocence and purity to shallowness and blithe depending on which way she tilted her head, capturing the onlooker in her gaze until she decided to look away. Her dress was a soft pink pastel that complemented the roses intertwined in her braids perfectly. Although, one thing Heero found especially disturbing, was the style in which she wore her tresses. Each of her sides were braided and knotted together, leaving her long brown hair to continue to flow about her body. That style, it looked identical to... Relena's! She giggled at his shock before saying, "Oh mister, you should go back where you belong. Your friend will miss you."

He was flabbergasted! How could she talk to him and understand all of the emotions churning inside of him? She wasn't a unicorn like he, so how is it she could read him so fluently?

"Please sir, please go back. You look so silly all alone... funny little unicorn! You have to have a nice friend to go back to, because God gave all animals another one of their kind to hold dear... it must be the same for you too. You don't look right standing there so sad and lonesome, and I'm sure your friend does too."

Heero quickly nudged the child away and began to enter the deep brush when she called to him, "No! Don't go in there! Bad things come from the dark! You will surely find trouble where you're going, and then what will happen to..." but Heero didn't listen to the end of her sentence, for he was long gone into the thicket.

He had found nothing to cause concern over. Yes, the trees were rotted and bugs infested them. The air was musty and the chill the wind brought with it a dreary suffering, causing him to shudder in suspicion. As soon as he turned at the twist in the path, his keen sense of hearing enabled him to hear the laments of a stream nearby. As he trotted, following the rushing of the waters, he thought he heard the brook telling him a story within is murmurs. He heard the creek speak of a little boy who was washed away in its current so long ago, its regret for the deed never-ending. It told of the lightning that struck it in the depths of the storm, keeping it at bay with its almighty wrath. And, as he continued to listen, he heard it retell the woeful tale of the two young lovers who plunged themselves into its depths knowing that they must forever be apart. Amazing, in this form he could communicate with nature on the fullest terms, for he being one of her native creatures now, was completely syncopated with the rhythm of his "mother." But, too bad she didn't find a way to warn him about what he was about to get himself into.

As he followed along the stream, he came up to a cave, and thinking it would serve as a decent shelter, decided to take a look around. And as he entered, he was immediately forced back by the brutal push of a beast much bigger than he. Heero backed himself away from the cave, wanting to get a good look at his offender, when what he beheld startled him a little. There, standing in front of him in a territorial stance, was yet ANOTHER male unicorn. He stood much taller than Heero, and the wretched thing looked almost defaced because of the grotesque amount of muscle tissue he had accumulated over time. His horn was sharp as a blade, dried blood encrusted all over it, tipping Heero off to the assault in the beast's character. The aggressor's eyes were a haunting black that blended in with his untamed mane that draped over his face. Dark brown was his coat color, and his BENT antler looked to be made of ivory, so sharp that it cut his ears when he perked them up as they brushed against it. This monstrous counterpart scowled at him, warning him to flee from HIS grounds before there erupted an abusive confrontation.

Just as Heero was about to back down, the last thing he needed was to get himself injured and leave Relena out there unprotected and all alone, Hoof beats were heard coming down the opposite end of the trail... it was Relena! She approached him with care, calling out his name and scoffing at the intimidating unicorn that stood to Heero in offense. But before she reached him, the brown stallion lunged at Heero, causing him to fall back in defense. He decided that he would just leave when he heard her call, "Heero!"

He jerked his head up to find the gross imitation coaxing her-his horn pointed straight to her heart mind you-to come with him back to his den, for he had FOUND his new mate. Heero at first just turned, ready to walk away when she beckoned to him again, "Heero!" this time with more fear in the squeal. His brow furrowed as he watched the sensual treatment that THING was administering to her, and she called out to him again, "HEERO!" he could tell she was starting to choke on her building tears.

That was it. He swung his head from side to side, preparing himself for the attack on the enemy and dug his hoofs into the ground that he may gain speed. Then, without any warning to his adversary, he charged at the abomination, all the passion he had welling up inside of him about to be released in that first strike. Our "persuasive" friend took his attention away from his prize for the moment, ready to receive the blow, and when Heero made contact, he found himself flying over the greater unicorn's head and diving face-first into the dirt. He shook off the sensation for the moment only to find his aggressor coming back at him, his crinkled horn latching onto Heero's, both of them writhing their head to shake the other one off and onto the ground. With a wicked thrust the tower threw Heero against the rocks, rebounding off the technique to get a good stance on his hind legs and began to pulverize Heero with his fronts. Heero in turn warded off the beating with his own hooves, but again being thrown to the ground, getting trampled. Relena, who had stood back that she wouldn't get in the way of their "duking it out," screeched in fear as she saw Heero being plummeted to the bushes whose thorns scratched the surface of his skin. Once Heero heard her yelp, he knew he had to win it. He had made a promise to protect her, and he would NEVER break a promise... he would rather die trying to keep it. So, again he lunged for the beast, this time connecting with his horn and throwing the temporary victor to the ground, his first hit against this monster. When the animal recovered, he forced himself right into Heero's face, which wasn't a wise thing to do, because Heero sent that face straight into the dust. Finally, both of them feeling the heated breath of the other on their necks, Heero, with all his might, twisted the gigantic creature over the ridge they began fighting on and into the stream that had somehow gotten below them. The defeated unicorn straggled to his feet, his head hung in shame, and retreated to the banks of the waters, running as far away from the pair as he could get-the look in his eyes swearing revenge.

Heero towered over the cliff as the triumphant, mocking the stallion he had just summer-salted over the cliff, the afternoon sun casting glares off his sweat-drenched coat. Silently, Relena came and nuzzled him under his neck, her way of thanking him for rescuing her yet again. At first, he gazed upon her with concerned eyes, searching her for any traces of injury, but found none. With that taken care of, he let his emotions slip back under his artificial face, and walked away from her, not speaking a word. All she could do was merely sigh and hope he would let her minister to the wounds he had acquired during his heroic battle, though so small compared to the ones he had once fought, in her eyes, it was a fight for which he deserved the highest esteem for accepting...

 

 

AN: Okay, it was another unicorn!!! But, is he gone for good, or only temporarily????? Who was that girl, and what significance does she have... you may be surprised. Please, you guys, read and e-mail!!! I would really appreciate it!!!! Thank you everyone!!!