A Far Away Union, Part 7 by Tomorrow

AN: This is the last part. I know this series is kind of short, but the ending has a twist. And you better get your kleenexes ready, because you'll hate me for the ending *runs away as people come at her with knives and other weapons.*

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing. You all knew that.

 

 

"So Relena, who is this girl that you were supposedly lying with?" Heero asked as they walked along the path to the stream.

"Well, to tell you the truth, I've seen her twice. Once in reality, and the other time in my dreams."

"In your dreams?"

"Yes. You see, in the dream... perhaps I should tell you about her first. She has long brown hair, eyes like mine, wears a pink dress, and also wears her hair in my same style."

"Mhmm," Heero nodded to himself as she went on.

"Well, it started out where I was lost in this field that supported the growth of a variety of different kinds of beautiful flowers-each one a different color of the rainbow. Suddenly, I saw this little shadow coming towards me. I tried to run away, but it was just no use... something was keeping me there beyond my will. Anyway, when the apparition approached me, I found it to be a child... a girl to be exact, and in her hands was the bear that you gave me for my sixteenth birthday."

"My bear... what was she doing with that?"

"I don't know Heero, she just held it close to her chest, like it was her whole existence. I too in the dream asked her how she got the animal, but she told me that she couldn't say. She said that the previous owner had 'abandoned' him, the same way she-she had called the owner a she-had 'abandoned' her."

"But Relena, YOU have possession of that teddy bear. Could she have possibly been referring to you?"

"I don't know. The thought did cross my mind, but before I had time to get more in-depth with her, she started reciting a parable."

"What about?"

"I'm getting there Heero. She talked about the trees and flowers that were all around the meadow and how they would never know the love their Mother Nature had for them."

"I'm not following."

"I didn't either until she explained her truth further. You see, the flora and such can only see how nature's crude changing of the seasons is making them die through the autumn and winter. Though Mother Nature may cherish all of her creatures, they will never know it, because they must die in order to give birth to their new offspring."

"That may be true Relena, but wouldn't they realize that they will be reawakened in the spring?"

"That's exactly what I said to her, but she made a really could point that contradicted that thought. It's not the parent generation that rises in the spring, it is their seedlings that take root during the first signs of winter's retreat."

"So?"

"Don't you see? The 'parents' will never know the love which Mother Nature had for them because they died before they could know the truth. As human beings who are immune to such the vicious cycle, we are able to see the resurrection of the plants and animals from under the frost. These products of nature can only know what they have lived through and have been shown."

"All right, granted that's correct, what does that have to do with you?"

"Heero I don't know!" Relena whinnied, turning her head away in frustration. "The next thing I knew, she was talking about how she had to sleep along with Nature's children, that she too would be shown no mercy. The wind, the wind took her teddy bear up to the heavens, leaving her there to be covered in the drifts of snow. And before I could get to her sleeping form, the wind carried me up to the heavens... and that's when I awoke."

"Common sense should tell us that this dream was filled with symbolism that we should be able to infer or be able to relate to our own lives. Otherwise, why would this vision have been given to you?"

"You mean that the teddy bear, her story, and the wind could possibly have a trait or person that they are embodying or could be trying to send us a message?"

"Yeah."

"But what would it..."

"I don't know Relena!" Heero snapped at her, fire burning in his eyes. Relena backed away nervously, again hurt that he would speak to her again so harshly. He had never spoken to her so when they were human... what was different now?

"Relena... I'm sorry." He whispered while bowing his head, his eyes studying the grass with anomalous interest. "I don't know what's been wrong with me lately. I've been feeling these_emotions_so much more strongly than ever before. Relena, you must listen to me. No one in this world can be completely devoid of sentiments. It is human nature that people create beautiful dreams for themselves, nothing can take away such an ability, and within the compilation of expectations is the root of a person's feelings. Even if one's humanity has been taken away from him, his yearning for happiness cannot. Just as you have hopes for the future, as do I. It's just that I buried them so deeply within myself, that they can only surface when I am around someone who has hidden dreams with the same exquisite beauty. I don't let people openly gander at my desires, because I'm afraid they will shatter them. These hopes are the only things I have left in me, they are the only reason I dare stay alive and fight. If they were broken, then I would die. I would have to be dead because as I said before, people must have dreams to keep them in pursuit of life, and without this tendency, they are surely dead. I thought I had died a long time ago, before I met you. My mind was completely blank, and I didn't even know if I believed in the cause I was going to be risking my life and my last bit of kindness for. I guess that's why I was so eager to be physically dead, because if you knew how it felt to be spiritually broken, suicide would sound like heaven in itself. But that day on the beach, that day when my eyes shot open and looked into your eyes of ocean fury, I saw such hidden desires, desires meant for me. That's when I felt something within me be rekindled once more, and even though I tried to kill myself in front of your very eyes that day, in my heart I was grateful that it had malfunctioned."

"Oh Heero," Relena sobbed, bringing her head down to gaze into his eyes, "if you felt that way, then why did you want to kill me? Why were you so distant from me? Why did you hurt me?" Tears began to rain from her woeful eyes, a beautiful shower of wonder and hope captured in those liquid crystals that if scoffed at would have crushed her naÔve spirit of purity. As she cried, Relena's antler began to glisten in the basking warmth of the sun, causing Heero to have to back away a bit and turn his head again.

"Relena, I had forgotten what such a sensation was like. I had been so impartial for so long, that this reawakening of my emotions was killing me. I thought I was content without feeling, but whenever your eyes wandered to me, I began to blush at my past, be tortured with my childhood, and be prodded by my heart. It scared me Relena. All I knew was that I wanted to get rid of it as fast as possible, before I got hurt again. That's why I dismissed my dreams long ago before, was because I had been hurt so deeply, that I didn't think I could bear to be hurt again."

"What happened to you Heero?" Relena nuzzled him gently.

"My mother gave me up Relena. I can remember her shrieking at me about how I was nothing but a disappointment. I remember her striking me, telling me that this was the only way I could learn respect, because I was nothing more than an animal. And most of all," Heero whispered, shutting his eyes tightly while clenching his teeth, "I can hear saying that she never loved me. I was not the son she wanted, and I could never make her proud of me."

"Oh Heero," Relena cried, rubbing her horn against his own. When their spiral's met, Heero's began to shine and reflect the light as Relena's had always done. Cinders and sparkles shielded their horns, and a breathless white flame came to life between them. It danced along the elliptical texture of their united antlers, causing all of the animals that had been hidden in the debris of trees, shrubs, and fresh-scented leaves to gawk at them in awe and reverence. The snow-flushed fire illuminated their faces, showing the friction of their sentiments grow deeper as they comforted each other. Heero was the first to speak in their moment of blind passion between the two creatures whose love at this moment was a mythical as their nature.

"Relena, you have ignited my heart again. I know, I know now why we were turned into these forms when we drank the enchanted water."

"I do as well Heero, I understand what purpose these conspicuous horns serve as they crown our heads with royalty."

"These horns are a reflection of our own hearts. That is why yours is made of crystal and is clear with shimmering magnificence of purity, while mine was mere silver that was dull and did not sparkle. My heart was barren and bleak, unable to show the intensity that dwelled within. But now, you Relena, you have resurrected my hopes and dreams, my love and my desires. I was so afraid because in this form my heart was wide open to you, but now I have no reason to fear. My antler now shines and glimmers in-sync to yours."

"Our horns reflect the beauty of our dreams, and as I am in union with you now, I can see all you have ever felt, all that you have ever known, and it is all bewitching to me."

Oh how this pair became so different than what their characters would provide. The heat and calenture of this moment had them departed from their bodies and united in spirit and existence, something we who have never experienced love cannot imagine.

Finally, this outburst was calmed as the two felt warmth and satisfaction in each other's arms... arms?!?!?!? They opened their eyes immediately, and found each other intertwined in the embrace of the other; the wind tossing the long white and black capes the pair were wearing, the two cloaks as they entangled in the breeze becoming a soft blend of silver. They were human again.

Heero could feel Relena's flesh meld against his own, causing him to shudder in pleasure. He began to kiss her lightly on her lips, barely brushing his against the taste of her own. His hair tickled her little nose, eliciting soft whispers as they kissed in splendor. Heero had slid his callous hand from her tiny hips up to her breasts, where he massaged them gently, enjoying the tenderness of her bust. He then brought his lips down to his hands and began to treat her bodice with the same reverence as he did her lips. These sensual actions being concealed by their tangled capes.

As they continued this play of desire, the little girl walked up to them, a smile spreading across her baby-like features. But not to worry, as I said, their wafting cloaks prevented her from seeing any passion beyond what her age called for.

"I knew I was right, you both found your friend. You don't know how happy you've made me. Now we'll always be together, and nothing will tear us apart. Your love has become strong and everlasting, and therefore your union will always exist... I love you."

Once the child said these words, the wind instantly halted and began to blow in the opposite direction. The peaceful serenity in Heero and Relena's eyes as they looked at the girl vanished and was replaced with a harsh gaze of reality. They then turned to each other, and Heero pushed Relena away from him, causing her to fall to the ground with the loud splitting of her bones.

"No... NOOOO!" the child cried as she saw his aggression, tears beginning to form in her eyes as she heard the cracking and saw the pained expression on Relena's face. "Please stop this now!"

Relena staggered to her feet and slapped Heero across the face with all her might; leaving her imprint as it glided across.

"You unfeeling... THING! You hypocrite! You will never feel love for me, and infatuation was all I have ever known! You're not worth a second of my life!" she screamed in his face as she struck him.

Heero clasped her wrists and began to bend them forcefully, chuckling as he heard her bones breaking under his hold. "You are nothing but a love-sick puppy. What you want is pitiful and for me to become something I cannot be! You have been nothing more than a bother to me, and I'm sick and tired of your little games! No die bitch!!!" Relena screeched in pain as Heero reprimanded her both physically and emotionally, her body becoming limp as he tore the breath from her lungs.

"No, STOP! Please don't do this! I love you! It's because of me, it's all because of me this is happening! Why are you doing this to me! I am your love, don't leave me alone! Don't leave me alone! DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" the child kept screaming as she saw what had seemed to be an unwavering relationship and her being, fall apart in front of her eyes...

 

 

 

"AAAAHHHH!!!" the little girl screamed as she opened her eyes. Her head was pounding, and she saw blood streaming from all of the cuts she had dotting her body. Whatever part of her wasn't a crimson mess, she found black-purplish bruises scarring her. Her lovely pink dress that her father had just brought home for her after his trip was torn and covered in ashes and dirt, and her lovely brown tresses were swimming with rocks and debris, while mud was caking her once peach face. She looked around her, trying to remember what had happened, and saw herself surrounded with rubble and broken glass. Next to her was a storybook that was opened to the second to last page, beautiful pictures painted within of unicorns, and how they protected people's dreams. They were white if they protected pleasant dreams, black if they protected indifferent dreams, and a dark brown, distorted and deformed if they were the guardians of nightmares. Looking in her lap, she saw the teddy bear her mother had given her on her birthday that day, but it wasn't the same. It's once black eyes that reflected her image, were now chipped and covered in mud. As a matter of fact, one of them was even missing. The scarlet ribbon hung loosely around its torn arm, and the stuffing was coming out of all the stitchings. She cuddled the bear tightly, hoping it could warm her, when she looked behind her, and dropped the bear in shock.

There, now gazing at her, were the bodies of her parents. Her mother's long tendrils covering her eyes as well as her father's, being highlighted with dark trails of blood. Their complexions were pale and translucent like specters, mounds of dirt and cinders making their skin look coarse and even more light than it probably was. Her father's body lay under her mother's, for it looked like she had toppled over him after falling unconscious. Right beneath them, lying in pieces on the ground, was the music box they always used to help get her to sleep. It used to be a snow globe that inside would change of each of the four seasons when shaken up. But now all she could make out of it were the little balls of snow, the crunched leaves of autumn's delight, and the bud-shaped flower petals of spring. As she looked at the broken glass, she began to hum the song to herself, trying to remember her mother's sweet voice as she sang along with the music. Her father was always in charge of making sure it was wound up and didn't stop until the song was completely finished.

When these memories came back to her, the little girl lay back down in the rubble, as far away from her parents' bodies as she could possibly get, and began to cry herself to sleep. She threw the bear across the debris, and whispered out as it began to rain in what was once her room of the fallen house, "Mommy, daddy, why did you leave me alone? I'm sacred, please don't leave me here! Mommy! Daddy!"

As their baby choked out her tears, Heero and Relena were shedding their own, for they had to part with the one thing in life that had made them whole.

 

AN: Weird huh? I know it was depressing, but I LIKED the ending. In case you didn't figure it out, they were more than likely attacked by some assassin, and that's why the house was in ruins and why they were all covered in rubble. The little girl wasn't evil... it was their little girl! The whole unicorn thing was a dream she was having after she was knocked unconscious after the assassin hit, and I guess you can infer why she dreamed what she did because of the details in the last part. Well, I hope you liked it, and PLEASE tell me what you thought. Thank you everyone, bye!!!