You Shall Fall By My Hand by Tomorrow

AN: Here's the sequel to "If You Only Knew Me." I don't think it came out as well as I wanted it to, but tell me what you think in your reviews. Actually, being that the first one was supposed to be the end, I had to make this one up in a hurry. Oh well, tell me what you think. Thanks!

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing. Sorry!

 

 

"Hurry men! Find that sniveling little boy and bring him here! We can't let him get away!"

These were the orders that were ringing in Heero's ears as he ran across the desolate field. The field had no thick bushes ripe with its plague-bringing berries and no trees which could provide him with a shadow to disappear into. Only tall, prickly reeds were his protection from the eyes of the "puppets" that were in pursuit. He quickly hurled himself onto the ground and covered his body with as many of these straws as he could to act as a camouflage. He now knew how it felt to be a lone deer hiding in the meadow with ravenous dogs looking to tear the tender flesh off of its bones and bring it back to its master for a pat on the head and praise. The pounding of the men's footsteps could be heard crunching the frail thistles not even two feet in front of him. He lay completely still in the tall grass, not even permitting his heart to beat, for he knew his capture meant mission failure... and that was not an option. He didn't even think as far as his execution that would be the end result of his being found. As a matter of fact, he had of late been finding himself begging for his death, and even as he slept, he could never get any relief from this ever taunting urge.

*Reoccurring Nightmare*

Heero stands alone in the middle of a glassy lake. There are no fish or any other kind of aquatic creature finding pleasure swimming in this mirror, and there are also no plants finding any place to take root in the crevices of the rocks wedged into the gravely floor over time. It was as if the lake killed anything that stood in the midst of its poisonous waters, and had an eerie tint that would discourage any type of life that would be compelled to call this sullen pond "home." Even though, Heero stood proud and strong atop of this life-taking creek, and seemed uncaring of the amount of years it was currently omitting from his miserable being. Every time he would make even the slightest of movements, the waters would churn about him and ripples would form and encircle his presence. The more drastic the gesture was, the more rings the ripples were created from, and the farther the waves seemed to carry them. It was raining torrents about him, and each drop that touched his lips was flavored with the bitter salt of tears. Thunder could be heard rumbling above him, but it was not mighty bellows that echoed across the sky, but the ailment of a woman weeping in despair over her lost love. Her heart-wrenching murmurs could be made out if one listened closely and were only filled with more grief and passion as the moments passed. He didn't understand why he was standing there. It served no purpose... just like he served no purpose. Wouldn't he be worth more dead than alive? At least if he was dead, there would be someone who cared about him. On Earth, it seemed to him that no one would have fretted if he left one day and never returned... he would probably be doing them a favor. When he woke up from this dream, he was in a cold sweat and could never convince himself to resume his slumber.

*End of Nightmare*

"I don't see him here Joe!"

"Yeah, me neither! Let's get back to the base! The boss will never know!" Heero could then see the branch of men as they turned around and headed back into the city.

"Idiots. They don't deserve to be called soldiers," Heero muttered under his breath as he brushed the reeds off of himself. Ever since "She" left him, he had completely buried himself in missions. To tell the truth, he seemed even more heartless than before. If there were women or children inside of a building that he had to annihilate, he would just laugh at the pain he was inflicting upon them. His laugh was disturbing and maniacal and seemed to reverberate through the atmosphere, causing the skies to darken and the animals to flee from him in fear. Every time he walked under a tree, any of the flush breasted robins or kingly-statured blue jays who were finding their rest in the arbor, would scream out in alarm and flit away from the tree with horror-stricken strides. Whenever he passed a dog whose fur was caked with mud and fleas nibbling the stubs on its ears, it would cower in the corner of an alley and grit its teeth as to defend itself for dear life. Not only people could see the blackness in his heart, nature could feel it as well.

He ran from the field and into the forest, which was not than long of a run away. As he entered amongst the trees, any of the sun's rays that were providing drinks of warmth for the thirsty wildlife and vegetation instantly vanished. It was as if the trees knew he was the cause for the sudden chill that threatened the air, and decided to play along the wind and shake their branches at him in shame. The animals too could tell he was the cause for the disturbance in the peaceful balance of their habitat. Rustling of the patters of paws on the fallen leaves and piercing eyes could be seen glaring at him amid the brush. He could hear the stream off in the distance begin to churn and flow with a rage that was meant to drown him if he ever came near. Still, Heero walked along the vague path that was laid out before him and kept himself on guard in the case of any beast jumping out and deciding to sacrifice their normal kill for a taste of his bulging flesh.

Evening came, and the woods seemed to subject to the wildness in his character, seeming to accept him as one of its own creatures. It was completely silent, and yet, he had been on the move for almost the entire day, and it still didn't look like he would be leaving the woods behind any time soon. Just as he was about to rest atop of the fine needles of the pine trees that towered above him, he heard the snapping of twigs near by, heading in his direction. Heero hastily sprung to his feet and picked up a sturdy branch that had fallen from a nearby dogwood tree a few minutes ago. He was ready for anything that was to challenge him, and the look in his eyes was that of a mother tigress as she was about to give her life in defense for her cub. Out of the thicket came a fierce canine that halted in its steps only a few feet in front of him. Its fur was matted and dulled from sunlight, and its eyes were a haunting yellow like the moon that shown reverently above them. Its claws were jagged and crusted with blood from a hunt it must have been on sometime earlier in the day, and the pads of his paws were split and rough as leather. Long strands of saliva were dripping from the sides of its mouth, so long that it touched the ground and the constant lapping by its tongue was only making it thicker. A few of its teeth had been broken and chipped in fights more than likely, but they could still shear the carcass of a rough-hided buck. It quickly made a lunge for Heero, trying to sink its teeth into his neck for instant death, but Heero darted out of the way and dodged the attempt. He turned around and hit the beast in its jaw with the stick, which stunned the animal for the moment. But as quickly as before the creature tried again for another strike. This time, Heero couldn't get out of the way and he felt the razors piercing through his skin. He nudged himself over to a tree and began to slam the wolf's head into the trunk, which made the wild dog release its grip momentarily. His foot was bleeding profusely, and he gritted his teeth through the pain and tried to make an escape but the canine locked its mouth onto his arm this time. The wolf then began to throw him around like a toy and hopped onto Heero's chest. It pinned him to the ground and dug its teeth into his chest where his heart beat. Heero could do nothing but grunt in pain as the beast burrowed deeper and deeper into his flesh, and the loss of blood began to weaken him considerably. The wolf tore its jaws away from Heero's heart, which led blood and meat to trail from his mouth and back onto Heero's upper body, and in his last stand, Heero kicked the animal off him and into the bush nearby. The creature, with a limp, then ran off into the darkness.

Heero breathed a sigh of relief as he made out the retreating steps of the wolf. He was covered in rose blotches, which were also gathering in puddles around him. He was trying to fight off the darkness that was threatening to envelop him, but was fighting a losing battle. Just before he passed out, he heard rough, shallow barks coming forth from the trees. These cries were followed by harmonious howls that were conducting a requiem in his honor. The ferocious animal was back... and he brought friends. They raced toward him, teeth gleaming in the dim light and claws sparkling at the tips, ready to avenge the defeat of their fellow comrade, when... they stopped. Walking towards them on the path was a full-bloomed doe. Her frame was sleek and slender, showing off the great power in her stride. The way she carried herself, with her head held high and ears back, gave her a majestic aura as though she was indeed above the other animals that dwelled in these darkened woods. Her graceful walk, shifting her hips from side to side, showed off her regal manner, and her glossy fur that reflected the moonlight only added to her royalty. Her eyes were dark and glistened with tears that were welded up behind her irises, giving her a look of, shalt I dare say it, empathy. As the young "princess" of the forest approached the ruthless canines, they immediately ran back into the bushes, yelping in fear. The young deer lay down beside Heero and began to clean the redness from his face with her soft tongue. She used her warmth and fur to keep his body temperature constant, and began to nuzzle into him with her nose, tickling his face. Her hot breath relaxed him, making him even more sleepy than before, and he gently began to stroke her brow.

"What are you? How could you, such a pacifistic creature, make those relentless killers run in shame?" asked Heero to the doe. She gingerly rubbed her nose against his breast in response, invoking a slight chuckle out of him, which in turn caused him to cough in weakness. What Heero saw next, if his eyes were not playing tricks with him, was a small teardrop glide down the cheek of the silken deer, and a quiet snort that very closely resembled the sob of a human. He looked up to the sky and sighed a heavy sigh, then closed his eyes, waiting for Satan's demons to carry him off into the underworld. With his last breath, he whispered, "Oh Relena, I'm so sorry I won't be with you. I couldn't change, I tried to change but I needed you. I couldn't bear life without you, so I decided to not feel life at all, and the only way to do that was crush the links of those who loved me and be sure not to create new ones. The only way to accomplish that was through harm and harshness. If I could do it over again, I would. God, my Father, please forgive me. Help me now, I want to be with You... and I want to be with my angel." The deer at his side then urged him to get up. He, through thought it must have been, told her that he couldn't get up, he was dying.

"Get up little boy, get up! Come and ride on my back. Come home with me!" her gestures seemed to say to him. He knew he wouldn't be able to please her, but he tried to regain his balance anyway, but instead of falling back to the ground in agony, he rose up with complete ease. The doe then coaxed him on her back and she began to gallop along the path. As she ran, they began to rise off the Earth and headed toward the stars of the heavens. Heero looked back to where he had once lain, but instead of finding the ground vacant, he was still lying there in the dirt. He didn't understand, and was tying to climb off her back when she said to him, "Not much farther now. You've waited so long, don't try to get off now." As she finished her words, she landed on one of the clouds and lowered him to the fog. It wasn't night anymore, but the sun was shining brightly and illuminated the vast sky in exuberance. On the edge of the fluff of the cumulus, stood Relena.

"Relena!" Heero called out as he ran towards her. She slowly turned to face him, and nodded at the doe who was trotting close beside him. The deer then leapt off the wavering whiteness and back onto the Earth.

"Heero," she murmured as tears began to glide down from her trance-like eyes. He reached out to her and seized her in his arms and began to shower her with light kisses. She giggled, for it felt like rainbow christened butterflies were dancing along her face, causing her wings to flutter in excitement. He held her in his arms for what seemed like an eternity within itself, then pushed her away so he could look at her face. Her eyes were like glass and were reflecting the churning of the clouds among them. Her lips were smooth and shaded with the hue of carnations in full-bloom amidst the other flora. A few of her golden, tear-speckled tresses hung about her face, giving it exactly the perfect shape. As he beheld how truly radiant she looked and how her poise was streaked with innocence, the expression on his face saddened.

"Relena, is this some kind of cruel joke? I can't possibly be able to spend eternal life with you. I didn't change. If anything, I only became even more of a disgrace," Heero said to her, tears streaking his cheeks.

"No my dear Heero, you're wrong. This is real, and we can be together for the rest of eternity. You truly did transform into a king being, you just didn't want to accept that you did."

"I don't understand."

"Your last words saved you my love. You asked for forgiveness and showed true remorse for your sins and wrongs... that is what transfiguration is. You wished that you could relive these past months so you could show how much you really loved me and wanted to be here with me. When you are truly sorry, you will always be forgiven."

With those words, Heero gracefully swept Relena into his arms and vanished unto his seat in heaven.

 

 

AN: That sucked didn't it. It completely and utterly sucked. Oh well, I'll just have to make my sequel to "Changes Through Time" really good then. Thanks for reading, Bye!