Zero

By: Sakura Lena Yuy

 

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters of Gundam Wing there are products of Bandai and Sunrise.

Author's Note: This is an AU, so if things seem strange hopefull y that fact will clear things up. The setting is a post-apocalyptic world. P airings: 1XRP, 2XHS, 3XDC, 4XCB, with slight 5XSP.

Warnings: This story does contain angst, death, and some limes but this will all come later. So don't worry I will warn you at the proper ti me, just wanted to warn you before hand.

 

Prologue: Random Thoughts

 

God, love, and sex 96 three words most common in my life, but not out of choice. I use these words solely for the purpose of hacking. In fact, I hate these words; personally I feel god is a myth, love is totally over rate d, and sex I can live without. But these words are the most common passwords people use to safeguard their personal files. I am known on the net as PiXi E, a hacker whose skills are only parallel to the infamous ZERO. I have crea ted some of the vilest virtual viruses, and have constructed weapons to figh t against the XP-579 fighters used by the World Military Forces. I aid the R esistance, a radical group fighting for freedom that was taken away by the W orld Nation Government. In this world you either to chose to fight for the R esistance, or World Military Forces, or stand by and be oppressed. I choose to fight for the side of justice, and aid those who have been plague by the World Military Forces. In hopes of bringing back some form of freedom that we lost so long ago.

Hilde Schbeiker

 

~~**~~

 

Journalism, my life and reason for living, without it I would be l ost. I was born write to voice the opinion that was to be silenced, but not even the World Military Government can stop me. I am the voice of the Resist ance, the one person bold enough to stand up against of the formidable force of the military government. In this world of chaos they claim to be the jus tice that serves and protects the people, but they are far from that they ar e the dictators; the ones that eliminated and obliterated the will of the pe ople. But I will stand for this no longer; I will fight for freedom, for the will and hope of bettering our lives, and for our humanity. After asteroid Nova collided with the earth people fought to stay alive, but now that the m ilitary has stepped in the people have lost the desire to fight. I will not stand by and tolerate this injustice, but I will speak out and reveal the at rocities that the World Military Forces have committed. Even if I die trying .

Catherine Bloom

 

~~**~~

 

"Only the strongest survive," Darwin's law of natural selection, and a phrase that was loomed over my head most of my life. I was taught to believe that the meek do not win nor inherit the earth, but aggres sion and intolerance do. I have fought for my very existence; I needed to pr ove that I was worthy to live, because if not I would have been killed. In m y household I lived the motto of kill or be killed. On one fateful day I fin ally won my worthiness and a chance to live without fear. A chance to be fre e 96 but even freedom comes with a cost and that cost was the World Militar y Force's General. My cousin is the general, and although I won my freedom from him, he still dictates my life and the millions citizens that inhibit this earth. I lost so much while defending for my life. My legs and right a rm are the physical reminders, however the mental scars out weight them all. I continued to fight, through the advances of cybernetic* technology; I no longer solely defend myself but also for those can not battle. I helped to r oot and expand the idea of the Resistance. Ever the rebel I still try to sto p my cousin the man who destroyed my will to live as well as millions others . I know the day will come when I must face again, but I fear him no longer. I have learned the truth that the meek do win...even though it may not happ en immediately.

Dorothy Catalonia

 

~~**~~

 

All my life I have been sheltered, hidden and held back from the w orld. I truly can say I know nothing of what happens in this world. The har dships, the pain, and the suffering people face in day to day life are total ly foreign to me. I am a prisoner in my own home. I have to account for my e very move I take, and sometimes even my thoughts are questioned. My oppresso r is my own brother, sad but true. He became my legal guardian after our par ent's death, and they did not die of natural causes. They were murdered my wonderful mother and father, my mother died in my arms in the very same gar den I sit in this day. Not only were my parents taken so harshly away from m e, but also so was my best friend 96 Heero. My brother forbid me to ever se e him again, he claims it was for my protection; but I can't help believe it was for other reasons. Now I am going to marry a man I have never met, th e general of the World Military Forces, Treize Khushrenada. There are so man y questions that run through my mind. Why does my brother shelter me? Why ha s he pushed me away from my very best friend? Why has he made this deal with the general? Why does he worry so much about the Resistance and a hacker by the name of ZERO?

Relena Peacecraft

 

~~**~~

 

At night I realize how much I miss her. Relena was not only my bes t friend, but she so much more. Relena was so inquisitive, always wanting to know about the world and its people. But he kept her away 96 away from the world she loved so dearly and me. Once my parents died I was truly alone in this world, and I didn't have a reason to continue life. Until I learn ab out the corrupt dealing of the World Military Forces. I always laugh when I remember that day, ten years ago when the war officially began. I had send a virus that disabled the entire security systems and backup systems of the W orld Military Forces Headquarters. It scared the pants off every official on the circuit, and they called the maker of the virus a pure genius and absol ute threat to the world. Ha, little did they know it was just a ten-year old boy. I now fight against the World Military Forces as the hacker ZERO. I am nothing but neutral fighter in this war of power. But as the C.E.O. and Pre sident of BoTech Corporations I secretly fund the Resistance in their endles s fight for freedom. I still hope that one day I will see her 96 maybe one day after the war, or maybe when he is dead.

Heero Yuy

 

~~**~~

 

Trust is such a fragile thing; so hard to obtain but so easily bro ken. I gained his trust many years ago, when I saved his life 96 the Genera l's life. He kept me by his side after that day, he told a man that would give up his life for another was a trustworthy man. And once he became Gener al, he helped me receive my rank of second-in-command. I would never brake h is trust for anything in the world, but she makes me. It's not that I want to lose his trust; I would never wish that, but she makes me forget about h im. She deceives me. She's like siren, she lures me to do her bidding, but I know that she will ultimately destroy me. I don't why, nor I can I exp lain how she does this to me, but I must try protect myself. Because one of these days she will use me to harm the only true friend I have in this world , all for vengeance. Dorothy you will make me an enemy of your cousin by the favors you ask. But why can't I stop myself from helping her; knowing tha t it will eventually lead to my ruin.

Trowa Barton

 

 

Author's Note: cybernetic* I am referring to cyborgs, you know people with mechanical limbs and such. And if you're looking for Duo, Wu-fei, or Quatre they will appear later in story, so don't worry.