ZERO

By: Sakura Lena Yuy

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters of Gundam Wing there are products of Bandai and Sunrise.

Author's Note: This is an AU, so if things seem strange hopefully that fact will clear things up. The setting is a post-apocalyptic world. Pairings: 1XRP, 2XHS, 3XDC, 4XCB, with slight 5XSP.

Warnings: Nothing really, unless you count Relena in underwear a warning.

 

Chapter 1: The General's Arrival

In the year 3000 AD, a small asteroid called Nova headed directly toward earth. This was an unexpected occurrence, and the world had no time to prepare. Once the asteroid hit it caused catastrophic damage to the earth's surface and the will of mankind. The world's sea level raised tremendously which submerged parts of the continents. Such great cities as New York, Los Angeles, England, and Japan disappeared in the giant tsunami. Nova also threw the earth off its tilt causing dramatic changes in the weather, longer winters in some places or longer summers in others. During this world crisis the remaining nations came together and formed an alliance. This alliance was the World Government and World Military Forces. Everyone throughout the world rejoiced, it seemed that world peace was finally achieved.

But sometimes a union made during a crisis isn't an alliance at all, which was the case of the World Government. They promised peace and unity but at the cost of one important thing­ human rights. It quickly became clear that the alliance of nations was nothing but a clever act used to hide its interior motivates. The laws created to assist mankind did nothing but hinder them. It was only a matter of time when the idea of revolution took root, and this new revolution was the Resistance. Born out of oppression and spite, the Resistance proved to be the only ones willing to fight. And they still do till this day

 

Thirty Years Later

Within the building called Heaven a young woman sat by the bar. She had the radio playing soft music and a bottle of whiskey along with a small shot glass. She wore black leather pants, a blue lace corset, and long lace gloves. Her pale hair was pinned up in an untidy bun, with small blue gems accenting the loose strands.

Six years, Dorothy thought, six years of being free. I love that word ­ freedom.

"For freedom," she whispered as she raised her shot glass and quickly swallowed the whiskey.

Dorothy turned her barstool around to face the vast and empty dance floor. She looked around the club and smiled. Ironically she had named it Heaven, even though it was located in the newly rebuild Neo New York or more commonly known as the City of the Damned. Dorothy had bought the building rather cheaply, but spend most of her assets remodeling its interior. The outside looked like an old warehouse, with the exception of the large neon sign that read 'Heaven' its bright blue color and halo always attracted customers. But the interior and service alone always made people come back. With glittery silver clouds painted over midnight blue walls along with numerous strobe lights, created a feeling of fantasy and flight. The dance floor was on a lower level and was in the center of the building. This not only facilitated access to the floor but also allowed for easy viewing. The main floor was evaluated with a railing that separated this level from the lower. This floor had two long bar on opposite sides, along with tables, chairs and couches which served as a lounge area. Then a loft area served as extra dance and lounge space, but most importantly this section housed the DJ level and her office.

The design was ingenious, and it allowed for huge crowds without the feeling of claustrophobia. Dorothy had kept the lounge level rather simple with sliver and midnight blue furniture, but the bars were a art form of there own. With a clear glass tables and chasing lights below the glass, created a disco atmosphere. The racks were loaded with glasses of all different shapes and sizes, but continued with the theme of sliver and midnight blue.

Dorothy listened to the soft music playing from a small radio. She tapped her fingers against her leather-clad thigh. The music was interrupted by the ping that signaled a news report. Dorothy brought her hand up to power switch till she heard the report talk about Neo New York.

"Well citizens of Neo New York, you better be on your best behavior. News from the World Government is that General Treize Khushrenada is going to pay a visit to the City of the Damned, in hopes of bringing order to this chaotic city. As everyone knows Neo New York and the megalopolis of Hong Kong/Beijing are the last two independent cities of the world. The General's visit could bring"

Dorothy turned off the radio; she already knew what the reporter would say. "What brings you here? Why come to this place knowing that the Resistance is so strong here? What do have planned Treize, what kind of tricks will I have to expect this time?"

 

***************************************************************

 

Liberty Global Press was frantic. The news of the General's arrival got all the reports stirred up. Everyone wanted a crack at the story, but they all knew that only one woman would get the job. She was the public favorite, even though she was accused of being in the Resistance. Heero Yuy proved the accusations false, he had declared that Catherine Bloom had nothing to do with the Resistance, but only spoke for the peace and freedom that everyone wanted. Within the building a glass door read "Catherine Bloom" and inside the confines of her sacred office space, Catherine sat in front of her computer.

Catherine listened to the report that flooded all circuits. Some of the reports droned on with nonsense, but the main point was put across loudly. General Treize Khushrenada was coming to Neo New York, reasons unknown, and date of arrival tomorrow morning. Catherine played with a lock of her fiery hair and continued to flick through some reports. But only one report caught her attention, and oddly enough it had nothing to do with the renounced General's visit.

"P.T.I. may give old cyborgs a new chance at life." Catherine whispered as her lavender eyes scanned the screen. "Researchers announced that they may finally be able to upgrade older cybernetic parts without damaging the human body."

She continued to read the article and suddenly it hit her. "Peacecraft and Khushrenada." She whispered.

Catherine put on her beige cashmere coat and headed to the elevators at the end of the hall. She stopped in her tracks when her name was called.

"Bloom," shouted a handsome young man, "Now where do you think you're going?"

Catherine crossed her arms and glared into the man's turquoise eyes. "Why Winner I didn't you cared."

Quatre laughed "I don't care Bloom. I just refuse to see your name on the front page, again."

"I thought so," Catherine giggled, "you just hate being upstaged by a woman. Grow up Winner."

Before Quatre could answer, Catherine slipped into a nearby elevator. "I will get you next time ­ Bloom," Quatre hissed softly and walked to his desk. Once again Quatre Winner was defeated and his pride wounded yet again by Catherine Bloom.

 

***************************************************************

 

The offices of BoTech were filled with the familiar tap of keys. Rows upon rows of programmers crammed all their work into the systems main computer. One worker in particular worked faster than all the rest. Her desk was filled with photographs and paperwork, and a little nameplate that read Hilde Schbeiker. Hilde sat up straight; her back firmly pressed against the chair and her eyes glued to the monitor. She wore black rimmed eyeglasses, which matched the color of her raven hair, and she oddly wore an earpiece in her right ear.

She continued typing as the earpiece droned on with the latest reports, but one reported froze her in the middle of her keystroke. Hilde's cornflower blue eyes peered hopelessly into the office, hoping that someone else heard the transmission as well. Suddenly it happened, it seemed surreal when everyone stopped typing and an eerie silence filled the room, then uneasy whispers replaced the monotonous sounds.

Hilde took the opportunity to switch her eyeglasses with her shield glasses. Instantly her mind was transported out of the dull office and into a dazzling realm of electric impulses and various sound waves, this was the new information superhighway this was the Internet. She looked around and hopped on the nearest impulses hoping she would arrive at her destination in time. The electricity seemed to pulsate throughout her whole body, but it was all in her mind. Hilde's physical body was still, with the exception of her hands. Her fingers were typing away on some sort of unseen keyboard.

"PiXiE's gonna getcha." Hilde whispered in a singsong voice. "Gotcha."

She found a computer generated door and knocked three times before the door opened. Hilde went inside and headed straight to the firewall, within seconds it dissolved. She hopped onto another impulse and finally found her destination. "Way too easy." Hilde giggled again.

Hilde uploaded some information and giggled "Bye-bye." She raised a generated wand and in a poof of computer generated glitter she returned back to the office. Hilde gave a cautious look around and noticed all was the same. She quickly replaced her glasses when the supervisor announced that their shift was over do to the day's events. Hilde put on her black jacket and placed the shield glasses in her pocketbook.

As she left the building she pressed the earpiece and whispered softly. "Dee can you hear me?"

Dorothy's voice rang in her ear, "Yeah, what's up?"

"You should know. Meet up in Heaven."

"As always."

"Kay, see than then." Hilde whispered.

 

****************************************************************

 

The Next Morning

"How about this Lucy?" Relena asked softly, as she held up a light blue shirtdress.

Lucrezia smiled. "Oh its perfect Relena, especially with your camel colored shoes."

Relena held the simple dress against her, and nodded in agreement. She sighed softly; "Do you think that he's nice?"

"Of course Relena, why else would Miller want you to marry him. I hear that he is a very handsome man, even if he is half cyborg."

"Oh I forgot about that, Lucy."

Lucrezia walked up to her young sister-in-law and gave her an encouraging hug. "Don't worry," her voice lowered to a whisper "I also heard he has been known to please the ladies, in any way."

Relena gulped; she had forgotten that intimate relations were expected from wives. Lucrezia noticed her rigid posture, and quickly added, "I have a feeling he will wait till your ready."

Relena immediately released a sigh of relief. "I should get ready, Miller and I will be leaving soon. Oh I do wish you could come Lucy, it won't be the same without you."

Lucrezia nodded "I know but I have to get the house ready for our guest."

"Alright. Now let me get ready."

Lucrezia left the room and shut the door softly. Relena began to change, but before she put on the dress she looked at her reflection. She looked at the image of her body only wearing lingerie. The light blue lace bra and panties clung to her curves; she hadn't realized till now that the lingerie set barely cover her body at all. Relena brushed her hand against her soft flat stomach, and began to wonder what it would feel like if it were the General's instead. She had never been with a man, let alone kiss one, she was scared but she knew it happen regardless. Relena noticed the time and decided to finish getting ready before her brother charged in.

Once she finished dressing Relena looked at her image again. Her light blue dress was free of any wrinkles and hung to her curves softly, to draw the minimal amount of attention. Her camel colored shoes and matching leather jacket went well with the dress. Relena had put her hair in a simple ponytail, hoping that it didn't look too carefree but elegant. With a final stroke of her pink lipstick, she left the room and descended the stairs.

Millardo was in the hallway waiting for her, and he smiled at her appearance. "Stunning Relena. How do you do it? You look so casual but elegant at the same time."

"Luck I guess." She softly replied.

"Well off we go. Take care Lucrezia, we should be home shortly."

Lucrezia nodded, and opened the door for her husband and sister-in-law. Once the limo pulled out of the driveway, Lucrezia raced to the phone. After a few rings a voice questioned "Hello, who is this?"

"Noin," Lucrezia hissed softly, "Sally I need to see you now."

"It happened again?" Sally questioned.

"Yes, but I can only be gone for a few hours. I need to be home as soon as possible. How long will it take?"

Sally sighed, "When did you find out your pregnant?"

"Yesterday, and I had sex about two weeks ago."

"Get here now, I don't have anyone else," Sally responded "you know how long the abortion takes."

 

***************************************************************

 

"Everybody know their job." Dorothy stated.

Catherine smiled, "I do what I do best. Distract the General and haul ass once you appear."

Dorothy nodded and looked at Hilde.

"Wait till the XP's come out and give them a taste of my new fairy dust."

"Good. Cathy head out looks like we got a crowd today." Dorothy said while watching the crowd. She continued to scan the area, and her gaze fell upon a young Japanese man

"Be right back, PiXiE, looks Yuy came out to play."

Hilde nodded, "Well hurry back. I know you don't miss the fun."

Dorothy smiled at her partner, and headed down to the wharf. Dock Eighteen, the place where the General's ship "The Armada" was going to dock in a half-hour. She descended the stairs and headed to the corner where Heero Yuy stood. Dorothy's long leather coat followed her as she strode toward him. Instinctively Heero raised his prussain-blue gaze to her ice blue one. He turned to her giving Dorothy a full frontal view of his black cashmere coat and charcoal gray three-piece suit.

"Looking well Miss Catalonia," his deep voiced resounded in her ears.

Dorothy smiled and pulled her coat open, to give him a view of her outfit. "I try, Mr. Yuy, I really do."

Heero eyed Dorothy clingy apparel. He remembered that she had an obsession with leather, especially leather pants. The sliver leather pants hung to her shapely thighs and revealed her tiny waist, the black top she wore was a mix of fishnet and spandex. "Always out to please."

Dorothy giggled softly. "Well what brings you here?"

"You need to ask."

Dorothy looked at the fog-covered sea and shook her head. "Guess not, we are all here for the same reason, but for different purposes."

Heero looked at her with a questioning glance, "What do you mean?"

"Let's just say that I want to give the General a warm Neo New York welcome."

Suddenly the sound of a foghorn went off and the front of "The Armada" was seen. Before Heero could ask her a question, Dorothy had disappeared in the crowd. He then turned back to the sea and watched as the General's ship headed into the docks. Unseen to Heero was a lovely honey blonde standing at the edge of the docks waiting for the General.

Once the ship finished it docking procedures, a group of armed troops lines the steps from the ship. They all wore informal uniforms in hunter green, and they stood firmly and unmoving waiting for the General to come out. Finally a young man with russet hair came into view; he wore his formal uniform and looked around before signaling the officers, at ease. Suddenly the General appeared. His long military coat hung regally from his shoulder and fell to his knees, his shoes polished, and his light hair combed back nobly. As he descended the stairs and array of flashes went off. His gracefully walk never faltering, he reached the dock, which was surround by reporters and a sudden burst of questions began. The General raised his leather clad hands and shouted "One moment please."

He turned Millardo Peacecraft and gave him a hearty handshake. "Is she here, Miller?" He questioned.

Millardo nodded and moved aside to reveal the young woman behind him. This caused a sudden murmur from the crowd. Catherine's eyes were fixed on the well-dressed lady, and quickly realized it was Relena Peacecraft. Meanwhile Heero was taken back once he saw her.

Relena walked up slowly to the General and extended her hand. "A pleasure to meet you General Khushrenada."

He took the small hand into his own, and with one motion lifted it his lips and softly kissed it. Relena became breathless as she watched intently as his full lips come in contact with her bare flesh. She felt his gaze on her face and caused her to blush. He held onto her hand and pulled her closer, so he could tilt his head to her ear. His breath tickled her skin as he whispered, "Please Relena ­ call me Treize."

 

 

Author's Word: Yikes! I am sooooo sorry for keeping all you guys waiting for the latest installment of ZERO, but if you haven't noticed I have been working on another story; A Twist of Fate: Haunting Memories. I really have been working hard on that fic because it is my baby, so to speak, not that ZERO isn't but I just sidetracked. I hope to update ZERO more often, but this and A Twist of Fate are going to become novel-like tales. And not only that but college isn't fanfic writer friendly, I have been busting my chops to keep up because of September 11, yes I live in New York, and catching up isn't fun. Well here are my reasons for neglecting ZERO, hope you all enjoyed the newest chapter. And please REVIEW, believe it or not reviews are very helpful.

~~Sakura