ZERO

By: Sakura Lena Yuy

 

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters of Gundam Wing; they are products of Bandai and Sunrise.

Author's Note: This is an AU, so if things seem strange hopefully that fact will clear things up. The setting is a post-apocalyptic world. Pairings: 1xRP, 2xHS, 3xDC, 4xCB, with slight 5xSP.

Warnings: No real warning for this chapter, just some cursing and kick ass action so that's that.

 

Chapter 2: Welcome to Neo New York

 

He took the small hand into his own; and with one motion lifted it to his lips and softly kissed it. Relena became breathless as she watched intently as his lips came in contact with her bare flesh. She felt his gaze on her face, which caused her to blush. He held onto her hand and pulled her closer, so he could tilt his head toward her ear. His breath tickled her skin as he whispered, "Please Relena ­ call me Treize."

Relena nodded slowly, while she continued to look into his endless blue eyes. "Come now Relena I must show you off to the world."

Relena obediently followed the larger man as he led her to the center of the crowd. Treize quickly glance at her and smile warmly. "Well citizens of Neo New York this is truly a momentous occasion, I have the great pleasure and honor of presenting to you my fiancée, Relena Peacecraft."

Relena felt odd as a series of flashes and shouted questions filled the area. She found comfort in watching Treize's calm demeanor, and yet she became jealous of this. 'He knows the world, while I know nothing. He has been in the limelight and I have been hidden from the world,' Relena thought.

"Now, now. I will have time for everyone's questions. Please one at a time." Treize shouted to the throngs of reporters, and continued to Relena's hand in a firm grasp.

Catherine watched the couple with a careful eye. She knew by Relena Peacecraft's poise behavior that this was going to be a marriage of convenience. Catherine listened to the other reporters babble their surprises about the couple's newly announced engagement, but she wasn't impressed by it. She wanted to know more about his plans to bring order to the city. And it became clear that the engagement was a clever plot to avoid any questions regarding his scheme.

************************************

Dorothy raised an eyebrow as she heard her cousin's announcement. She smiled and nodded; "Well this is an unlikely turn of events. What are you planning now Treize? Inquiring minds are dying to find out, especially mine."

"Dee, keep to the plan?" PiXiE questioned from behind.

Dorothy nodded, "Yes PiXiE, keep to the plan. We just used this newfound information to our advantage. Are your men ready."

PiXiE walked up to Dorothy. She wore her trademark purple shield glasses. The left side was transparent, while the right was opaque revealing that she was gathering information. Dorothy noticed her matching cargo pants and jacket. PiXiE's mini wireless modem hung off her right hip. And her sleek black gloves worked as a keyboard and mouse, allowing her with one simple motion access to the net and any other communications module. When PiXiE was around Hilde Schbeiker didn't exist, and this was one of those times.

Suddenly her shield glasses were completely transparent, disclosing she had gathered the necessary information. "They're in position, just waiting for my word."

Dorothy nodded, "Alright then, there will be a slight change."

PiXiE eyed Dorothy. Dorothy smiled, "Your plans remain the same. I just want to see how secure the General feels with his newest collateral."

PiXiE giggled, "Whatever you say. You're the man after all."

"Yes, I am."

************************************

Heero Yuy watched her intently. He was astounded by the General's proclamation; Relena would now be solely the General's. There were no words to describe the pain Heero felt, and now he lost his only reason for living. Without warning he noticed several questionable men move across the pier. Heero remembered Dorothy's words, "This must be the welcoming committee."

Heero decided to make a quiet exit before things got to rough. When he arrived to his car, he found his assistant speaking to a rather shady woman. He watched as his braided friend's sweet talk cause the woman to giggle. Heero casually cleared his throat, and said "Mr. Maxwell I think its time we leave."

The young man became stiff at this voice, "Okay. Hmm...talk to you later, babe."

The scantily clad woman giggled and gave him a good bye kiss. "Aww man! You had to ruin it for me."

Heero sighed, "Duo, you know she just wanted your money."

Duo nodded "Yeah, I know, but I wanted the company."

Heero shook his in disapproval, and sat down in the car. Duo ran his hand through his bangs, and said, "Look just because some of us are celibate does mean we all have to be."

Heero gave Duo a death glare; "I am NOT celibate. I just don't need sex now that's all."

"Right, and I am the crown prince of England."

Heero remained seated in the car and quickly realized that Duo wasn't moving. "Why aren't you getting in?"

Duo smiled sweetly, and crossed his arms. "Well my libido challenged friend, I was wondering why you wanted to leave so soon."

"Well I just wanted to leave."

"I am not deaf Heero, brainless maybe as popular belief puts it's, but definitely not deaf. I heard the General's little declaration. So she is going to be his huh? Tough break man."

Heero stared at his friend, Duo was right. It was tough to believe, tougher than he wanted to admit. "That and the Resistance looks like their going to throw a party."

Duo turned around to his friend wide-eyed, "And ZERO is gonna miss the party. Your smitten, gonna let a little heart ache stop the infamous ZERO."

"Well then Duo what would you suggest that I do; forget about it and kick some robot butt?"

Duo slammed his fist into his hand, "Damn right I would, it might even help relieve the tension."

Heero nodded, "Maybe you're right."

Before leaving the car he grabbed his wireless modem and shield glasses from the glove compartment. Heero looked around and walked into an abandoned warehouse. Duo watched happily as Heero went to get ZERO prepped for action.

************************************

Catherine glanced over her shoulder, and then she faced front and smiled. 'Everything is all set, now lets get the show on the road Bloom.'

Just as the General finished replying a question, Catherine stepped up "Congratulations General and Miss Peacecraft on your engagement. But let's not lost sight of why you're really here. How do you propose to handle a wedding and domination of Neo New York at the same time? Especially in your, what is it again, unstable cybernetic condition?

Treize glared at Catherine, and smirked, "What is your name madam?"

"Catherine Bloom."

"Oh yes the elusive Miss Bloom. I was wondering when you would speak up."

Catherine smiled, "General do I need to repeat the question?"

Treize shook his head, "No need. Well first, my cybernetic condition has been stable for several years, only the tabloids write such falsifies. And as for so-called domination, well I am just here to bring the order that city and its true citizens..." he paused and glanced at Relena, "...deserve."

Catherine crossed her arms, "So then, for the record, you're not here to dissolve the independence of Neo New York?"

Treize glared at her again, and chuckled loudly, "Like I said Miss Bloom, I'm just here to bring order to this city."

Catherine smiled as she heard a familiar voice shout. "Answer the question World Government scum!"

Everyone turned their eyes to the small woman standing on a several crates. Her purple shield glasses and cropped raven hair identified her to everyone as PiXiE. Some of the reporters ran, but many remained hoping to get a story. Suddenly they heard the whine of a motorcycle, and several large groups of Resistance followers appeared from the alleys. Once the rider came into view, the military guards drew their guns. Treize smirked when he saw a trail of pale blonde that sailed behind the rider, and grasped onto Relena. The russet hair man accompanying Treize stepped forward and aimed his gun.

Then the Resistance opened fire on the guards, distracting them from the incoming biker. Dorothy zoomed toward the General and caught the emerald eyes of his second-in-command. With one swift kick she unlatched the General's hold on Relena, and grabbed the young woman. "A little too careless, cousin."

"Release the XPs!" Treize shouted, as Dorothy sped off with his fiancée.

A series of metallic skeletal framed robots marched out of the Armada, and then the guards took shelter. Two boys tried to attack Treize, but he grabbed one and snapped his neck with one hand. The other attempted to run, but with a giant leap Treize cut him off and tossed him into several broken crates. PiXiE saw the two fools who tried to stop the cyborg, and decided to 'pause' him before he killed anymore. "Hey scumbag, pick on someone who can match your technology."

Treize smirked at the petite woman who was challenging him. He had remembered that she was a notorious hacker, who with the right equipment could send him to the hospital. But at this moment he didn't care if she could, he just wanted to see if she would. He swung a punch at her, which to his surprise she dodged. Treize attempted several more times to hit the small woman, but found it nearly impossible. Then he noticed that one side of her glasses was shadowed. 'She is hacking into my circuits, so she can anticipate my movements before I make one.' He thought with a smile.

PiXiE continued to dodge the General's attacks. Her sensors detected a high left punch, but seconds later PiXiE realized he was going for a low right punch as well. She jumped away, but her side step failed and he broke her modem. Her glasses cleared totally leaving her helpless to his brutal assault. With a single slap across her face PiXiE flew several feet. As she struggled to get up Treize walked slowly to her.

"Not so brave now, without your modem, little pixie."

PiXiE pulled out her gun. She cringed in pain as a smile graced her bloody lip. "I don't fear assholes like you."

Treize went to grab the front of shirt, but before he could she fired. A normal gunshot would have done nothing to him, but PiXiE never uses an ordinary gun. PiXiE's Colt Viral Pistol, was loaded with bullets laced with virtual infections capable of rendering any robot or cyborg useless. "The bigger they are the harder they 'pause'." She sang, as the General fell over in pain as viruses attacked his cyber-components.

************************************

Heero slipped on his dark gray shield glasses, and smiled as he put on his black gloves. With a few wave of his fingers the bare and dirty room around him changed into a realm of lights and energy paths. Heero flicked his fingers various times, before a twisted smile crossed his lips. His head bopped to the beat of the drums, that played into his ear set. And then he whispered in a deeper husky voice, "ZERO is ready for business."

ZERO searched PiXiE's data banks and found that she was engrossed with a battle with the General. From the information banks on the Armada the XP's were sent out to handle the rebel situation. He knew for a fact that the Resistance wouldn't handle this type of battle, and immediately went to work to disarm the bothersome nuisance. As he began to disarm the XP's, he noticed PiXiE's connection dropped.

"PiXiE has gotten herself in deep shit."

ZERO slithered into the General's circuits and cringed at the sight. He knew the infection too well; 'PiXiE PaUsE' flashed across the mobilizing circuits. ZERO sighed happily and continued to 'zap nap' the XPs.

"Too easy." He muttered with one final keystroke.

Outside all the XP-579s stopped in their tracks, and all the monitoring systems in the Armanda read 'You have just been Zap Napped. Have a nice day, yours truly, ZERO.'

ZERO turned off his modem, and pulled off his gloves. By the time he reached his glasses, Heero Yuy stood instead. He smoothed his coat and casually walked out of the warehouse. As Heero walked to his car, he heard the cry of a motorcycle and a familiar voice shout, "Catch Yuy!"

Heero braced himself and found in his arms a beautiful honey blonde. A pair of sapphire eyes looked into his.

"Relena," he whispered breathlessly.

Before the two could exchange any words a group of soldiers surrounded them. Heero raised his hands as they pointed their guns at him. Relena opened her mouth to speak out, but another voice boomed through the alley.

"At ease soldiers, this man is just an innocent bystander."

A young man walked thorough the group, and extended a hand to Heero. "My apologies these soldiers were just following order," he began as he shook Heero hands, "I am Commander Trowa Barton, General Khushrenada's second-in-command."

"Heero Yuy, owner of BoTech Corporations."

"I know," Trowa added, "Miss Peacecraft are you alright?"

Relena simply nodded, and walked toward Trowa's side. "Thank you Heero." She whispered softly.

Trowa and Heero shook hands once again. "Thank you again Mr. Yuy, General Khushrenada will be very grateful for this."

Heero watched sadly as Relena climbed into a nearby jeep. But he noticed that Commander Barton bent over and picked up a small piece of paper. What was that? He thought. He sighed softly as the vehicle drove off, and she left his sight.

"Your welcome Relena." He whispered softly to the wind.

 

Author's Word: So sorry to keep people waiting, some of you probably forgot the existence of this fic, but I am truly sorry. Thanks for all the people who reviewed before. I hope you enjoyed this segment of ZERO, and the next one will be up soon. This I promise. ~~Sakura